12-06-2012, 09:01 PM   #46
cmk227
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: Goal: Another ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by coupeman
im slightly disappointed..i was waiting for this car for so long but after discovering that its only a C-class/A5 competitor it saddens me.

i was hoping this would be more up class, starting at around 50-60k, with an m version coming in at around 70k...but being such an entry level model+having good looks, you can be sure this thing will be EVERYWHERE ...i live where you see 100 e92 coupes every 5 minutes...this will be no different

i was hoping it would create its own segment, and slot in above an A5/C350/e92, but below a 6 series. i mean the name "4 series" would suggest that, wouldnt it? However it turns out that this thing is nothing more than an entry level coupe.

some might say, "so get a 6 then" ..but i happen to like the looks of this much better and think it makes the 6 even look a bit dated. ..then some might say, "so get an m4 then" ..but bmw is such a slow company that an m4 wont be coming out until 2015/2016

so im really not sure what to do now...i was hoping this would be more upscale and create its own brand new segment but im so disappointed that it will start at such a low price. it really diminishes the exclusivity of the car ...they had such potential with this. i mean they were creating a brand new car and a brand new lineup of cars from scratch...and they slot it so low in the bmw lineup. they should have saved the 2 series for that and had the compete with the C-coupe/A5 and moved this more upscale

it will probably have a weak engine which disappoints me even further. ive been wanting a new car since early 2011 and i was holding off for this. the looks satisfy me but the engine options and low price point are bummers. im not waiting until 2015 for an M4, and the 6 series looks outdated with its old head light style, might have to look elsewhere for my next purchase now...
I bet the car fully loaded will be around $55k-$60k. I think if you want exclusivity than your being to cheap with your entry point and who the hell cares if other can afford the same car as you. If your happy than that's the only thing that matters.

14 Lexus GX460 & 14 Lexus ES300H
14 BMW 528d Touring Estate - UK
Previous M's: 11 BMW M3 JZB ZCP 6MT, 02 BMW M3 Conv 6MT & 02 BMW M3 Coupe 6MT
Appreciate 0