03-14-2012, 05:10 PM   #16
Blake P
Kinda Like A Big Deal
United_States
Rep
Drives: F31 on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobbep View Post
If there is no reason why are all the non-M folk so ecstatic about all the M stuff being released? I guess it is just awesome to boast a bunch of M branded parts on the regular family sedan. At least on the M car it belongs. Just saying...
I'm not sure I follow your logic, but here's my take: People are happy to have an alternative for upgraded OEM parts that will be installed by their trusted dealer techs. When it comes to brakes, they are R&D'd by Brembo and are likely no better than the BBK's that Brembo (or StopTech, AP, etc.) manufacture and sell aftermarket. I just don't see any reason for an M owner to long for a set of rebranded Brembos when they can buy brakes that are equal (or better, in many cases) quality, unless they just feel better about having an M on their calipers. When I order my F31 M Sport, I will be happy if the big blue brakes are included as part of the package, but would likely NOT opt for the M Performance brakes if the price is just as much as a set of quality aftermarket big brakes.
Appreciate 0