11-10-2012, 09:28 PM   #19
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
Thanks. Checked it out and since I'm already getting my 335i at invoice the delta is $3K. Sure you get a couple extra toys thrown in, but they aren't toys I care about.

Given that this is 1st year of the AH3, and that its a new approach for BMW, I think I'll pass for this generation. I also read the car and driver first drive where they explain the AH3 technology. Its quite complicated stuff! As soon as I read about the engine shutting down while coasting on the highway, I said NO WAY. Let them perfect that before I have one in my driveway.

Don't get me wrong, I wish you tons of luck and happiness with the car. And a bit of me will be envious of your new Nav system. But then again in my 2010 I think I used the actual Nav maybe 20 times in 3 years. Its more about all the other stuff that comes along with it such as heads up display, etc..

In case you didn't read the Car and Driver First drive, here's the link:
http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...t-drive-review
I don't mind being a potential guinea pig. All F30s are so computer-controlled and complicated that any serious electrical or computer fault will leave you stranded. A Prius uses a similar electro-mechanical design, and I don't see many Prius owners on the side of the road, or with pangs of anxiety

In addition, I'm looking forward to driving something rather unique. The F30 335i is a dime-a-dozen car (no offense to anyone!), so this will offer something a bit unique and fun for both myself and passengers.

I think the new Nav has great potential. Siri integration, Advanced real time traffic, etc. BMW is probably just scratching the surface of what they can do with it, over the next 3-4 years. And that's probably how long I'd keep it. I'm sure I'll get the itch a few years to move back towards an M3/M4.
Appreciate 0