01-27-2014, 07:18 AM   #5
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasemsport View Post
The only thing i got out of them was the official release in Geneva in march... Offcourse some pics may leak in the comming month or so i predict. About price i thought it would be in between 4 coupe and convertible but one steward said it wouldn't be more then the coupe, not sure if i will believe that

It was also absolutely impossible to take pictures, in the room there was maybe 6 stewards that where constantly looking at the ppl to see if no one took there mobile out of the little pocket they gave us...

The car was in M-sport and Carbonschwarz, the car does have the need for M-sport i think, tho they should have chosen another color for display to show the lines better, maybe red or blue...

A nice touch was the inscription of 'gran coupe' at the 3rd window in the rear. The 3rd window also looks better then the spyshots and renders make you believe, it's more or less like the 3gt, i was hoping for that. In the renders you see more separation lines ( if you get what i mean).

Interior well, it's just a 4 coupe in the front, no surprise. The boot is actually bigger than i tought also, and better access with the 5th door.

mm what can i tell more... it just looked so dammn good with the frameless windows

Oh yeah, it's the normal wheelbase so not the long china version from the 3gt, but i guess this was already known?

All in all a nice car, and now you have 4 choices i you need 4 doors and not too big car:

3 sedan: 4 doors, well yeah you know the rest

3 touring: 5 doors and a big versatile boot to move things

3gt: 5 doors, longer wheelbase, more bootspace and legroom rear, higher seating position, a cruiser to go on holiday and some sportiness...

4gc: sleeker, smaller (hence sportier), wider, lower seating position and all the nice gimmicks from the coupe mix 3gt (frameless windows,etc...)

Also sat in the new 2 series, but i was a little bit dissapointed about it, was not the 'agressive' look ik expected from seeing pictures. I'm also interested if bmw really will make a gran coupe from this also, it's too small then i'm afraid...
Great review, than you very much for sharing.

This car is definitely a front-runner to replace my AH3 in 1-1.5 years. I'm thinking it would be mighty fun with M-Performance suspension, and MPPK.

Looks like the 35i version will debut with the N55. I wonder if we should expect the B58 for the 2016 model year?

I am also very curious to see how the new Mineral Blue Metallic looks for this car. One thing that will be nice about the F36, BMW appears to offer a wider range of colors than the F2x or standard F30.
Appreciate 0