03-05-2013, 01:50 AM   #188
JonoNZ
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW iX M60, Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKau View Post
Yes I did thanks :-)

Picked up mid yesterday afternoon and been driving since till the evening :-p found reasons to go shopping and took lots of ppl for a ride.

All I can say is... Wow! How easy is it to drive this thing? The power kicks in really ealry and even when the gears change up at 1500 rpm it is so effortless.

For some odd reason my car has none of the lag on the first demo car I drove. Really happy with the drivetrain and in peak hr this morning I am thankful for returning to the torque converter. It feels the same as the DSG only so much smoother and robust.

My dry clutch DSG feels fragile particularly in stop start traffic.

So no rusty seats, no rattly steering, suspension heights all good, no suspension knock, leather a tad saggy but good fit from what I can see.

The interior trim looks better than the photos on the forums suggested. The burl wood is darker than the luxury version which I was really worried abt. Also doesn't have those tiny swirls that make it look old. The nav screen is business but larger than I recalled.

Have to admit the car felt familiar after reading abt it for 4 months. I can write a ton more thoughts, but that's it for now.

And thanks everyone for your inputs during the ordering phase! Love the sports seats! So supportive!
Brilliant! Glad it's going really well. Now, pics....

Also, I posted some pics of my interior and blinds the other day, just in case you missed it here they are: http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=807513
BMW iX M60, Storm Bay with XPEL Stealth PPF, Exterior Line Titan Bronze, 1EW 22" 1023 Wheels, Amido Leather, Comfort Package, Interior Camera, Clear&Bold, Sun Protection Glazing, B&W Diamond Sound, Folding Towbar, Rear Axle Steering.
Appreciate 0