View Single Post
      08-21-2012, 05:41 PM   #267
glitched79
Private
Rep
Drives: 2012 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlandPete View Post
I went through this feeling on my present car, with the RFT issues and terrible driving dynamics. But I knew I'd be regretting it, every time I saw a BMW with a happy driver, (while driving my Ford or whatever), thinking "I could be that driver", had I persisted with fixing my car. Pleased to say I thought hard and never traded out of a BMW, even though it cost me to sort the car.

There are plenty of other marques to choose from, but in reality virtually every car has its faults. I'd sooner have a faulty BMW than a faulty car I didn't really want.

HighlandPete
Agreed.

However, I have had very good experiences with other makes and models. Specifically, I had a wonderful experience with my 2007 Toyota Prius. Clearly, a Prius and a BMW of ANY kind are completely different animals, but considering the "newness" of hybrid technology even in 2007, my Prius had not one problem over the entire length of time that I owned that vehicle. Furthermore, it cost nearly less than half as much as what I paid for my 328i.

And that's my biggest point - these BMWs are not cheap. They shouldn't have this kind of problem, especially when they're touted as being "the ultimate driving machine". An ultimate driving machine should not vibrate at all, much less at moderate speeds.
Appreciate 0