08-04-2012, 03:29 AM   #26
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey 5 View Post
S4 too bland? Are you kidding?

I just saw an Estroil blue S4 with two tone black/silver nappa seats, flat bottom steering wheel, Supercharged badges, 19inch peelers, cool front and back LED set up. Bang and Olsen sound system. Alu optic stone guards.

If that is bland we should all sign up!

I think the Bangle era has everyone thinking if the car is not full of creases...its bland.

The hallmark of great GERMAN design is SIMPLICITY....I think we may have forgotten that point.

Go back and look at the E30 or the E39...or even the E46....call them bland? I call them German!
I'm with you on that.
The S4 has a very nice exterior. Big difference between bland and subtle.
Yes, it's not in your face, but it's got nice lines.

The E90 pre face lift was awful outside and inside.
There is nothing I like about the E90's interior at all.
The dash was a large swath of boredom done by bored designers.

The A4/S4 current interior is not as good as the previous gen.
They added too much plasticky bits that they shouldn't have done.
My 06 A4 has a very nice interior, that was around the time when Audi was greatly praised for it's interior design. The new one is ok, it's nice, but with the F30 BMW has brought the 3 series up to par.
The only part that I find odd is the tacked on looking iDrive screen.
It leaves the whole center dash kind of void. There is plenty of room there to have incorporated the iDrive/Nav screen to make it more interesting, and then not have the tacked on look.
Over all though, the f30 dash is very nice, me likey, me ordered a 335i.

Ergonomically, the A4/S4 has better/more room for the driver than the F30.
BMW could have/should have done better in that regard.
The large door pull handle doesn't work. There is a similar pull handle design in my 135i, but it's better executed as they recessed the bottom of the handle into the mirror and window controls so that the handles meeting point is smooth and doesn't jute out like it does in the new 3.
The 3 door pull is an exercise in how to make a door pull ugly and pointless. They have recessed it or just left it flat. IT would have been more comfortable and better looking.
Appreciate 0