South Africa
Rep
Drives: e46 325Ci FL M Sport; e36 M3

Smile AirForce Base - South Africa - BMW Photoshoot Mega Gallery

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
BMWFanatics Swartkop’s Air Base Charity Event June 2014

Whatsup Fellas....

I had to share my biggest photoshoot yet with the biggest BMW forum on the planet

A Fellow Bimmerpost & BMWFanatics member @Arbee planned this epic event for us near Pretoria in South Africa last month.

AFS Swartkop was established in April 1921 and was South Africa's first air force base and is home of the SAAF Museum. Following the original selection of land for a planned aerodrome, for what eventually became Swartkop, in about 1920 a private farm called Zwartkop was expropriated by the Government of the day. This farm had itself been named after a nearby prominent hill. The Dutch spelling of Zwartkop was retained for the Air Station that was subsequently developed. On April 1, 1949, the Dutch spelling was dropped in favour of the English and resulted in Air Force Station (AFS) Swartkop. On February 1, 1968, the AFS was upgraded to a fully fledged Air Force Base (AFB).
http://www.saairforce.co.za/the-airf...ses/9/zwartkop

All proceeds from the Show n Shine and Photoshoot was donated to charity.

Couldn’t help getting a warm feeling when going through these pics over the last couple of weeks…

Still can’t believe (thanks to arbee) my first helicopter experience was at South Africa’s oldest airbase in a Military heli (a Puma) and we got to fly over our Parliament Buildings ! (only realised this after I seen the pics at home!) Mad!

I will never forget that feeling, being alone with the Ci on the airstrip and checking this train of BMW’s making their way to the hanger, masked by a heat haze hovering over the ground, it was was just like in the movies (think black 964 Turbo and AC Cobra end scene of Michael Bay’s 1995 flick)

It was overwhelming to see that number of cars making their way to me, I hope I have done the venue justice with the pics below....

Link to Photoshoot HiRes Pics:> http://mbx.cm/t/oKG35

Cheers
Divio

DIVIO | photography za

Flickr DIVIO | photography za
Instagram: Diviophotography

Last edited by Divio; 07-07-2014 at 02:28 PM..
Appreciate 0