01-22-2013, 10:12 PM   #63
drob23
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: S4

Quote:
Originally Posted by seis-speed View Post
No tracking, it is a DD, will not switch with the wife. Hahaha. I will get AWD rather than switch.
Hehe, ok well if you have hard constraints of AWD luxury sports sedan that you plan to finance/buy - I'd say go S4.

But ultimately, assuming your local dealership has some S4's with sports differential, you need to test drive each one and decide which one will be more viable for DD duty. The idrive blows away the MMI and the HUD is really cool, but I think the Audi interior is much nicer with alcantara (I also swapped LED's inside) and the DRL's look straight nasty from head on. I really like the individual setting for drive select - you can tailor specifically the cars feel - I prefer stiff suspension, nominal shift maps/throttle response, aggressive sports diff, nominal steering and conservative engine noise (silly speaker I think). I also prefer the more subtle styling of the Audi. The F30 has more rear seat room if that matters.

If you go BMW and you're picky with options, chances are you'll need to custom order. BMW offers more competitive pricing and lots of incentives if you qualify (check out the ordering/pricing section). Audi cars have their trim levels - in this case only 2 - and from there not much optioning can be done. But if you have to order an Audi it could take a looooonnnngggg time, so be prepared to drive to a distant dealership if you want a specific S4.