View Single Post
      02-10-2013, 02:18 PM   #11
nikneo
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf4hrs View Post
Yes, our vehicle is on the Felicity Ace, too and eagerly waiting for dealer delivery later this week. I understand the Felicity leaves Long Beach, CA at 4:06pm today. Tracking info states the ship will be in Port Hueneme, CA for 7 hours on 2/11/2013. Order date was ~10/15/2012. Originally quoted 6-8 weeks. My CA missed the expectation by a longshot. I expect to negotiate some hefty discounts on BMW Lifestyle items and further credits on the purchase price, in exchange for the long wait.

On a positive note, sometimes it pays to wait for a good thing. I read that the rust issue was resolved with early November production. I expect this corrective action to be in our favor. Maybe others can report any issues on their 3 series production models from Regensburg, South Africa after acutal delivery. Again, I would rather wait 16 weeks until all the quality issues were resolved than receive any surprises. IMHO, a BMW should be considered an investment and retain high residual value without any issues. If it does, then their business model will continue to grow with repeat buyers. I am planning a 2nd BMW purchase right after this one, if all goes well.
agreed. the wait has been really tough. my original order date was 10/24 - my CA's estimate was off by 2 months haha. Gonna ask him to sweeten the pot to make up for that.
Appreciate 0