View Single Post
      07-09-2014, 09:19 PM   #2
Trajan265
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i X-Drive M-Sport

'13 335ix 8AT M-Sport

There is so much to love about this car. The engine is a piece of artwork. Smooth power delivery that pulls fairly hard from any revs. It has a great sound that isn't rude or annoying, but lets you know it is there and ready to go. The brakes are incredible. They bite hard and the car doesn't get out of shape no matter what you try to do. I love the multiple personalities the car can display between eco-drive and sport+, it makes you feel like you aren't even in the same car. I simply love getting into it every day and I can't imagine driving anything else.

When I first test drove the F30, I couldn't believe how far along cars had come. I had just retired from a career of driving a Ford Crown Vic and had a take-home 2007 Impala. It was amazing how bad that car was... Anyway, it had been quite a while since I had any car worth driving.

Many years ago I was an avid racer of autocross, SCCA Solo I hillclimbs and track events in a '75 Datsun 280Z in various forms of modification from stock all the way to a fully stripped/caged GT-2 race car. There is something about the N55 that reminds me of the old L28 in the Z, although they made their power in such different ways. I guess it is the smooth revving inline 6. I also drag raced a couple of Fox body Mustangs in the early 90s and I still can't get over how much had to be done to a 5.0 to get close to the 1/4 mile times put down by a stock 335.

Anyway, thanks for mentioning the love of the car and starting this thread. By reading some of the other threads, you wouldn't get a feel for how great of a piece of engineering the car really is.
Appreciate 0