02-15-2014, 06:50 AM   #7
focal
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 328i 6MT w/ MPS & MPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouzzo

Very nice upgrade focal. Enjoy in good health mate.

I myself more for plug and play upgrades with this car. Also going for DIY so ease of install was an important factor for going bavsound

With bavsound the sound becomes more alive and fills the car with a sound stage that was missing from the stock setup.

If I would quantify what I am missing it would be stronger bass that will remain clean with volume
With all the positive reviews of the bavsound it appears to give you what the most basic system should have. Presence and a wide sound stage. But also an accurate sound from stock power.

Why cannot bavsound work with aftermarket amps?

Even with my system I feel I need to crank it to hear all the details. Of course if you are parked it helps. More amp power just allows you to hear it all during driving and not turn the dial so high that the idrive deck or amp distorts. From looking at the input to my alpine deck (with software) the idrive deck does protect well and can be cranked almost fully without distortion.

Everything is plug and play sort of. Amps and speakers are. Only if you add a processor do you open a lot more issues.
Appreciate 0