View Single Post
      03-03-2014, 01:18 PM   #15
pgerbs82
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i Redesign

Stock speakers can sound good if...

First lemme start by saying that I produce music so whether I'm at home or on the road having a solid sound system that bumps is very important to me. As you can see in the picture, all I did was take out the cargo insert in the trunk and give it to an audio installation place for them to make a fiberglass mold for 2 ten inch subs. I wanted to have subs without using my entire trunk so because there's no spare I was able to make this work. So the subs were installed and the amp is bolted to the ceiling giving it a super clean look with thumping sound. I also had them install an bass volume control inside of the drivers side cubby hole underneath of the headlight controls. The bass is what distorts the sound cause the stock speakers can only handle so much bass beyond a certain volume but when you take a majority of that bass out of the speakers they actually work really well as highs. Now doing this will run you about $500-$700 more than the stage 1 upgrade but it's well worth it!!! I'm sure that if I were to upgrade my speakers to BAVsound then it would make my system that much better but I'm contempt for the time being. Hope this was helpful as your review was helpful to me!!!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0