04-29-2016, 09:19 AM   #12
metallicpea
Major
Rep
Drives: 320i ZSP & E46 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivenByE30 View Post
Great News P!
So production will start After May 15th, roughly 2 weeks before delivery once the week 21 is over... That seems about right... It usually take that long to Let the paint dry properly

By the way, i think your choice is awesome and very sensible!
(I read your rational in Furly thread.)

I had a used 1996 328i E36 before my F30 and i thought that was plenty of power.
Your 320i build is practically the same as my E36, down to the color.

I would totally order the same so i can get its spiritual successor..

Its gonna go by fast...
You hit the nail on the head. This really is the successor to my 1st BMW.

It was Steel Gray. Optioned almost exactly the same as this one except the trim color, a couple new tech stuff and I can't get the HK audio. Only real shortcoming is the turbo 4 over the non turbo straight six, but those days are long gone. I had the turbo six in my 135i, and I prefer the normally aspirated from my 02 and 05. Plus I really enjoyed working on that engine.

I hadn't really considered a new BMW since my last new one was a bit of a disappointment, but I was planning this trip to Europe and my brother was teasing me that I was just going to get another BMW. By chance my 550i was approaching the keep or dump mileage of 100k, so I peeked at the build your own and stumbled on the 320i with the ZSP. Hadn't been keeping tabs, so didn't know of the new model or that the basic sport package of old was back. M sport pkg with all the appearance stuff but no fixed sport suspension seemed to be the new way. And when they had the sport, lux and modern lines it was impossible to option a car the way I wanted it and the prices were higher with many compromises.

I liked the front design of the F30 when it first came out, but last time I optioned a 3 series the value seemed pretty bad to me, so this was very nice surprise. Plus the smoother rear bumper on the LCI caught my eye on the road. Seems like minor stuff, maybe it was just the timing. It should really fit the bill to get me past a couple college tuitions.
2016 F30 320i ZSP
2003 E46 325it ZSP 5MT
Appreciate 0