10nelyboi
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2012 - 335I

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzyqu
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10nelyboi View Post
I took mine in the dealer over the weekend and picked it up on Monday, it was in for a software update/recall, since I was there I requested the dealer to code my ASS off. After driving today, I found out that every times I switch to ECO mode, the ASS feature will turn itself back on. So in another word, if I want to drive my car in ECO mode, I have to manually turn off the ASS feature. Is it suppose to be like that ?? I thought after coding once the ASS is turned off, it will stay off regardless of the driving mode. Can some one inform me before I go crazy on my local dealer
Your dealer did it right. What the coding does is that it remembers what you had it in even if you shut off the car, it does not permanently disable the feature you just don't have to keep turning it off. ASS is a feature of ecopro so it only makes sense that you would want it on if you are going to be driving in ecopro for maximum fuel savings, so the car flips it on along with the rest of the changes that go along with ecopro (even though I understand why you would want if off permanently)

I want to bring mine in but my dealer said I have to wait about 2 month after taking delivery to get it done. Car is going in soon to address squeaking brakes so I'm going to try to get the coding done then.
thanks for the clarification. I was hoping that it wouldn't turn on even on ECO mode.
what kind of brake issues are you having with 2 months old car ??
Appreciate 0