View Single Post
      10-24-2012, 04:44 AM   #21
M40WST
Private
Rep
Drives: MINI Cooper,Previous F30 316d

The ES i'm getting will be totally standard mainly because the only difference I could see between that and the SE was PDC, Auto Lights and Wipers and to be honest I've parking sensor before but with experience I've found I don't really need them and in regards to the Automatic Stuff I find that they can be more of a pain as they don't turn on/off when I would expect them to so end in manual mode any way.

The only option I would have potentionally gone for is the Nav but I would have only used it properly on a few times a year so I'll be getting a TomTom for those ocassional time.

This will be my first BMW and I only have three requirements - Cruise Control, Bluetooth and iPod control which the ES has all of as Standard the Dealer has chucked in the Y Cable too so thats £43 less for me to pay.

The Winter Package I have gone for is the 16inch Steels with Covers and the Run Flat Bridgstone Blizzaks the main reason for this option is mainly due to if I did have slide in the bad weather I'd be gutted if I damaged my alloys but not so much if it was steels and also because although I would need to change tyres less often when they are changed its likely to cost me more!

Obviously if cost wasn't an issue i'd have probably gone for 330d M Sport with Xenons, HUD, Pro Nav etc.

I'm just happy that I'll be driving around in a new BMW instead of my 06 Astra SXi
Appreciate 0