View Single Post
      03-27-2013, 05:44 AM   #1
Beemed
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 328i M-sport

3281 MSport SB- Opticoat and Tint photos

Just had the Opticoat 2.0 and tint (3M 35%....edit) done and super pleased with the results.

BIG shout out to Kim at Detail Evolution www.detailevolution.com
Not only is he a terrific bloke, he is absolutely OCD regarding quality and I couldn't be happier with his service and the results.....if you're in Brisbane and looking for a great Opticoat job and a good deal then contact him, he has lots of experience and really cares about his output.

Dropped car off to him Sat morning 7.30am, his tinter Jason was there waiting and ripped into the job whilst I was gasbagging to Kim (Jason did an excellent job applying the 3M 35%(edit)....it seems from the photos that there are different tint % front/back/rear windows but it's all uniform.....just different reflective angles, etc). Kim had a good look at the micron count and it varied a bit across the car (102 - 125 ish from memory).

I then left but the process from there was:
  1. Removed wheels and opticated x 3 applications
  2. Wash down
  3. "Claying"....but he used the Optimum Opti-Eraser (www.optimumcarcare.com.au)
  4. Isopropyl alcohol wipe down
  5. Wasn't completely happy so he then machine buffed
  6. Repeated steps 3 & 4
  7. Opticoat 2.0 x 3 applications (did the windscreen as well but suggested a better product he'll have from his overseas supplier in a few weeks, so will be back for that later)
  8. Called it quits at 9pm!
At it again Sunday morning 6.30am to apply interior leather protection (Optimum Protectant Plus)

I arrived 10.30am to find Kim with microfibre cloth in hand doing laps around the car searching for any imperfections.

As you can see from the (poor quality iPhone pics) it was fairly overcast and rain threatened somewhat, but you can get a decent idea of the quality work from the reflections...I was extremely anxious to get the car home dry and back into the garage to aid the curing process (needs at least 24hrs without any water or grubby hands on it it!)....crawled back across town at a snails pace avoiding dirt/birds/liquids/people and any potential impediments!.....locked the car away in the garage and gave wife and kids explicit instructions to keep well away!

Looking forward to washing it this weekend to see just how well the water beads, and am particularly keen to see what difference it makes to the wheels ....as you all know the brake dust can be fairly copious.
Attached Images

Last edited by Beemed; 04-15-2013 at 04:49 PM.. Reason: Incorrect tint %....35% , not 20%
Appreciate 0