View Single Post
      04-11-2012, 02:36 PM   #30
The X Men
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyO View Post
It's the way he said it. I believe he could have gotten the same point across without using the words "mistake" and "stupid" and implicitly insulting 2011 owners the world over.
I don’t think anyone is stupid for buying a E90 with all the incentives out there right now. We just picked up a loaded 328xi, no SP, for mid $30K, 0.9% financing and 1st two payment free. The other option would have been to wait for a 2013 F30 328xi with sport line which cost close to $50K with no discount. We try to weight the pro and the cons between both cars. Some of the negatives with the F30 were obviously the wait as well as the fact that it’s a 1st year design BMW, we all know how that usually goes. The noisy engine and the steering feel was a turn off, the seats are way too stiff and the pop up screen that doesn’t retract really bothers me quite a bit. The pros are better fuel economy, which is pretty low on my priority list when I buy cars like BMW, the engine is quicker, but not much quicker, the trade off is the 4 banger is not as smooth or as linear as the I6. There just seems to be way more cons against the F30 than pros, at least for us anyways.

Last edited by The X Men; 04-11-2012 at 02:46 PM..
Appreciate 0