F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Australia Dealer Confusion about BMW iPhone Apps
Studio RSR

01-13-2012, 04:16 PM   #1
benflux
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Question Australia Dealer Confusion about BMW iPhone Apps

Hi All,

I'm trying to grab a 335 with some toys and one of the things I want is the apps (web radio, twitter, etc.).

Dealers in Australia are either last to know or 'non-technical' and don't really seem to know if there are to be apps on the cars delivered here - anyone any ideas?

TIA

Ben.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2017, 02:16 AM   #2
DrGadget
First Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: M140i F20 LCI-2

Garage List
2018 BMW M140i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by benflux View Post
Hi All,

I'm trying to grab a 335 with some toys and one of the things I want is the apps (web radio, twitter, etc.).

Dealers in Australia are either last to know or 'non-technical' and don't really seem to know if there are to be apps on the cars delivered here - anyone any ideas?

TIA

Ben.
Australian dealer$ know SFA in my experience. In my case I changed to Euro plates and they couldn't get that right, so it took me 4 days to get Connected Drive set up and thus run the apps I now turn to. I installed BMW Remote and BMW Connected on my Android smartphone (Google Nexus 5). They are also available for iPhones. BMW Connected shows on your smartphone which apps can be mirrored on the iDrive screen, e.g., Twitter, Word, Calendar and so on.
BMW Remote is great as you can lock or unlock your car remotely, track the car, flash headlights if you have lost it in the carpark, and so on. Of course, it is only free during the three year warranty period. After that it costs some AUD597 per annum. That's to cover such things as the car's SIM card among other things.
Here's a screen capture of BMW Connected:
Appreciate 0