F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Rear Bumper... Hit & Run. Now what?
MINHS Auto Care Center

05-09-2012, 07:26 PM   #1
mhdelarosa
Private

Drives: '12 328i Mineral Grey Metallic

Rear Bumper... Hit & Run. Now what?

Lucky me. Had my F30 328i for about a month now, and got a rear bumper hit & run in a parking lot while i was getting lunch today. Fortunately, there was a witness who caught down the license plate. Went to a shop today and the rear bumper is going to need to be replaced.

Now i'm wondering what my options are. I always wondered about upgrading to M sport exterior components (front & rear bumpers) someday. Since insurance will be covering installation of parts, i wonder if i can save on install costs and just go with paying the price difference on M sport bumpers...

However, any idea if we can even order those parts from the dealer yet or when we'll be able to? The body shop is going to phone the dealer to check, but i doubt it'll be available.

You guys think i can use this opportunity to save on upgrades? or maybe i'll just have to settle with replacing in-kind.
      05-09-2012, 08:02 PM   #2
T_Bone
Private
United_States

Drives: F30 335i

Sorry to hear, but yes, you should be able to use this opportunity to upgrade, and at worst, just pay the cost difference between the standard and upgraded bumpers... I did this with my E46...
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 08:36 PM   #3
Number

Drives: ✚

Seems like a lot of rear endings lately. Glad you got the license plate.

About the M-Sport. I would totally swap it out, but those parts probably won't be available till November/December. Some else got rear ended recently, and supposedly not even the regular bumpers are available yet. They have to ship it from Germany. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 10:41 PM   #4
Romaytor
Private

Drives: 2012 bmw 328i

Yea i was d one that got rear ended last week n the body shop it will probably be a month to get my bumper since its soo new they have to bring it from germany
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 10:49 PM   #5
jpa74
Private

Drives: F30 328i sports line

I would check your insurance policy for uninsured motorist coverage.

I had similar parking lot hit and run on another vehicle, and Liberty Mutual classified it as an uninsured motorist incident. This usually carries a low deductible ($250 for me), and the rest is covered.

Just something to look into with your insurance.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 10:58 PM   #6
Aritaurus
Captain
Canada

Drives: 2012 328i Luxury Line

Garage List
Sorry to hear that too, I got hit today in the parking lot while I was gone and I have two gashes on the front bumper now.

How bad's your damage? Is there a crack or a dent? Hopefully, the bumper is repairable. I think mine is bent a bit since the side reflector won't stay on like it used to. I'm hoping I can just get it repainted because the body shop is quoting me upwards of $1700 to replace the front bumper if it's not repairable. My deductible is $1000 too which does not help at all.
Appreciate 0
      05-09-2012, 11:31 PM   #7
mhdelarosa
Private

Drives: '12 328i Mineral Grey Metallic

What's up with all these people out there attacking our F30's. Must be their way of responding to jealousy

But yea my rear bumper will definitely have to be changed. Deductible is $500, but hopefully the other persona car insurance will reimburse my deductible.

So are all the M sport parts not even available in Germany yet? If the M sport parts arent available until Nov/dec, that's quite a while to wait.
      05-09-2012, 11:35 PM   #8
Romaytor
Private

Drives: 2012 bmw 328i

My bumper has a dent as well as the black molding on the bumper. The guy at d body shop said that the bumper cannot be fixed because it will not be perfect so its better to replace. They took my bumper off n discovered that theres an impact absorption molding behind the bumper n that also broke so im gona have to get all that replace. I feel ur pain man i was soo pissed ive only had my car for 3 weeks!
Appreciate 0