F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Cool feature, find something, learn anything?
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-15-2012, 08:16 PM   #243
Jbrock22
Second Lieutenant
Jbrock22's Avatar
4
Rep
206
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 328I Sport
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Eastern PA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerbs View Post
Stuff like this really mitigates the cost of these vehicles.
When the 8sp is in M mode and you put it in park and apply the E brake, the shifter will move right on its own. Cool.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 08:56 PM   #244
ric124
Lieutenant Colonel
ric124's Avatar
Jamaica
28
Rep
1,556
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i SP 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Today my HUD told me that there was a traffic jam up ahead!!!


Oh and it was in that bright yellow caution sign
__________________
Timeline: 335i Sport W/ Adaptive M suspension| Sport Variable steering| Technology PKG| HK Sound PKG| BMW apps| BMW Assist| Sport line hand brake grip| M Performance black kidneys|
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 09:58 PM   #245
mxdirtmx
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
27
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 BMW 335i (F30) Imperial B
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Enumclaw, WA. USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnook View Post
Can you program the 1-8 keys to dial a number? Would be great to have it dial my conference bridge at the push of a button


Yes.
Your car may be programmed for phone numbers as well as an address on nav, if so equipped.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 11:05 PM   #246
KeenDriver
Private
3
Rep
80
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ric124 View Post
Today my HUD told me that there was a traffic jam up ahead!!!
Oh and it was in that bright yellow caution sign
The 335 I drove at the team as event did the same thing. The odd thing is that I was three blocks away from the traffic driving in another direction and it still showed
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 11:14 PM   #247
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
svache's Avatar
United_States
85
Rep
1,881
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 F30 328i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Hawaii

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxdirtmx View Post
Yes.
Your car may be programmed for phone numbers as well as an address on nav, if so equipped.
#1 to #3 are phone numbers for me (my wife, mother and some take out restaurant lol), #4 is a profile that I use when I'm coding, #5 is my current house and #6 my new house, #7 is my personal profile, #8 is my wife's profile

You can basically program anything there that is in the iDrive, pretty useful =)
__________________
F30 328i Luxury w/ Mojave metallic, beige interior (timeline)


Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2012, 11:35 PM   #248
fotios335i
Major General
fotios335i's Avatar
United_States
121
Rep
6,769
Posts

 
Drives: 12 BSM F30 sport/msport 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: cape cod MA

iTrader: (61)

I found out accidentally that on sport+ and in manual mode the tranny will not shift for you and the car just bounces on the rev limiter until you shift manually.. Also the kickdown button does nothing and it will stay in the gear you choose. Im really impressed and happy because I feel like I have so much more control. The whole forum might already know this but I had no idea. In regular sport the kickdown will take over and Im not sure if it will switch gears itself if you hit redline and dont shift. Just wanted to post this for those of you that didnt know this. have fun.
__________________

2012 335i sport to full Msport, M adaptive and vss, sport 8 AT, fully loaded, Black saphire, black dakota leather, mperformance carbon interior with shifter, M performance grills, rear spoiler, front splitter, side sill extensions, MPPK, MPE exhaust, morr alloys vs8.2's with michelin pss, p3 gauge, msport wheel, etc, etc
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 05:38 AM   #249
CoolDude196
.
CoolDude196's Avatar
England
12
Rep
615
Posts

 
Drives: f30 20d
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotios335i
I found out accidentally that on sport+ and in manual mode the tranny will not shift for you and the car just bounces on the rev limiter until you shift manually.. Also the kickdown button does nothing and it will stay in the gear you choose. Im really impressed and happy because I feel like I have so much more control. The whole forum might already know this but I had no idea. In regular sport the kickdown will take over and Im not sure if it will switch gears itself if you hit redline and dont shift. Just wanted to post this for those of you that didnt know this. have fun.
Didnt know that, cheers for posting (no sarcasm intended)
__________________
AW Sport 20d, 2tb, 552, lc, 397 plus others
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 01:51 PM   #250
sr5959
First Lieutenant
5
Rep
316
Posts

 
Drives: F30 328i Auto
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Seattle

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbrock22
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerbs View Post
Stuff like this really mitigates the cost of these vehicles.
When the 8sp is in M mode and you put it in park and apply the E brake, the shifter will move right on its own. Cool.
Thank you just tried it. Brilliant!
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 04:06 PM   #251
aarslan
Private First Class
Turkey
3
Rep
173
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 3.20i 2012
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Turkey

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDude196 View Post
Does that come with EU cars as well as standard?
No, unfortunately it doesn't come with EU cars (unless it is a damn option)

We are missing a lot.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 07:42 PM   #252
RASHID007
First Lieutenant
15
Rep
363
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 535d X-Drive
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcbrew
Does everyone know there is a small compartment under the trunk floor? Just lift the thin floor panel up and you will see it.
Now, here the feature I learned yesterday from my ED delivery specialist - lift the floor panel all the way up until the edge contacts the trunk roof you will hear a click as it catches and will stay up so you can access the hidden compartment. Looks to be a magnetic catch.
But while that cover is up it blocks the light and you can't see in the compartment at night.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 07:49 PM   #253
RASHID007
First Lieutenant
15
Rep
363
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 535d X-Drive
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Windsor, Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

When you're turning the fog light on the inside corner of the turn comes on automatically to light the turning path. I noticed it in the reflection of a car wash window as I spun the steering wheel to line up into the car wash.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 08:00 PM   #254
CurlyFatAngry
Lieutenant
CurlyFatAngry's Avatar
Canada
8
Rep
505
Posts

 
Drives: his BMW as much as he can !
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RASHID007 View Post
When you're turning the fog light on the inside corner of the turn comes on automatically to light the turning path. I noticed it in the reflection of a car wash window as I spun the steering wheel to line up into the car wash.
Wow that's so nice. You don't appreciate adaptive headlights until your BMW is in the shop and you're in a Mazda 3
__________________
'12 BSM w/ Coral red dakota 328i Sport Line, Premium, 40% tint
'11 Deep Sea Blue E92 335i XDrive, M3 spolier, black grille
'08 Jet Black E92 328xi, Premium, Sport, iPod, Black Grille, GP Thunder, Painted Reflectors
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2012, 08:50 PM   #255
Number
Number's Avatar
31
Rep
1,235
Posts

 
Drives: ✚
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: ✚ ✚

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbrock22 View Post
When the 8sp is in M mode and you put it in park and apply the E brake, the shifter will move right on its own. Cool.
No need to put up the E-Brake. It'll move on it's own.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 01:12 AM   #256
pkimM3r
Banned
pkimM3r's Avatar
95
Rep
7,321
Posts

 
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lost angeles

iTrader: (0)

What is the auto highbeam button on the turn signal stalk?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 01:58 AM   #257
ric124
Lieutenant Colonel
ric124's Avatar
Jamaica
28
Rep
1,556
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i SP 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by todaysivxx View Post
What is the auto highbeam button on the turn signal stalk?
It is exactly what it sounds like, auto high beam. If camera detects no oncoming traffic and area is dark enough then high beams are on.
__________________
Timeline: 335i Sport W/ Adaptive M suspension| Sport Variable steering| Technology PKG| HK Sound PKG| BMW apps| BMW Assist| Sport line hand brake grip| M Performance black kidneys|
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 02:27 AM   #258
arnsbrae
Lieutenant
arnsbrae's Avatar
United Kingdom
7
Rep
508
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 520d
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremolo View Post
No need to put up the E-Brake. It'll move on it's own.
What is the E-Brake?
__________________
August 2012 F10 520d SE sport automatic, Jet Black, Oyster\Black Leather, light ash wood trim, Professional media/ navigation, mobile apps, Internet, DAB radio.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 03:04 AM   #259
mxdirtmx
New Member
United_States
0
Rep
27
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 BMW 335i (F30) Imperial B
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Enumclaw, WA. USA

iTrader: (0)

What is a headlight?


...... LoL......
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 05:43 AM   #260
Feanor
Lieutenant
13
Rep
409
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F30 320d Luxury 6MT
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ric124 View Post
It is exactly what it sounds like, auto high beam. If camera detects no oncoming traffic and area is dark enough then high beams are on.
I had this on my 2007 E92 and it was really annoying. It would see itself in the reflections from roadsigns and dip the headlights in response, but then it wouldn't react to oncoming cars until too late; by the time it reacted the other driver was already blinded, annoyed and flashing at me. So I just used manual high beam.

Have they improved the feature? My F30 will have it as part of a package, otherwise I probably wouldn't have bothered with it.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 08:24 AM   #261
CoolDude196
.
CoolDude196's Avatar
England
12
Rep
615
Posts

 
Drives: f30 20d
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: England

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aarslan
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDude196 View Post
Does that come with EU cars as well as standard?
No, unfortunately it doesn't come with EU cars (unless it is a damn option)

We are missing a lot.
__________________
AW Sport 20d, 2tb, 552, lc, 397 plus others
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 08:33 AM   #262
arnsbrae
Lieutenant
arnsbrae's Avatar
United Kingdom
7
Rep
508
Posts

 
Drives: BMW 520d
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United Kingdom

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxdirtmx View Post
What is a headlight?


...... LoL......
Question still stands buddy.

Is it a US term for handbrake?
__________________
August 2012 F10 520d SE sport automatic, Jet Black, Oyster\Black Leather, light ash wood trim, Professional media/ navigation, mobile apps, Internet, DAB radio.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 08:38 AM   #263
SCBimmerKid
Lieutenant
SCBimmerKid's Avatar
9
Rep
580
Posts

 
Drives: Mineral Grey F30
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hilton Head, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feanor View Post
I had this on my 2007 E92 and it was really annoying. It would see itself in the reflections from roadsigns and dip the headlights in response, but then it wouldn't react to oncoming cars until too late; by the time it reacted the other driver was already blinded, annoyed and flashing at me. So I just used manual high beam.

Have they improved the feature? My F30 will have it as part of a package, otherwise I probably wouldn't have bothered with it.
Yes they have, mine have worked flawlessly, even when I have tried to fool it. It even dims them if it sees a car on the side of the road with hazards on.
__________________

*NO LONGER ON ORDER* '12 328i Mineral Grey Metallic w/black leather/aluminum&black gloss trim/ZSL/ZPP/Xenons
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2012, 08:39 AM   #264
SCBimmerKid
Lieutenant
SCBimmerKid's Avatar
9
Rep
580
Posts

 
Drives: Mineral Grey F30
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Hilton Head, SC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnsbrae View Post
Question still stands buddy.

Is it a US term for handbrake?
Yes, it's short for "Emergency Brake." Perfectly acceptable question.
__________________

*NO LONGER ON ORDER* '12 328i Mineral Grey Metallic w/black leather/aluminum&black gloss trim/ZSL/ZPP/Xenons
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST