F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > BMW F30 3 Series Coding DIY - Code Auto Start Stop, DVD, Folding Mirrors, Etc.
Studio RSR

06-28-2012, 03:37 PM   #287
ImperialBlue
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbrock22 View Post
Imperial Blue
I can"t make the MD trip. I'm in Bucks county also. Princeton 20mins away for me.
Help this summer would be appreciated!
Yeah lets organise one more meet with the other folks here.. at Phillyd2 location or some other location
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 04:36 PM   #288
phillyd2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i XDrive

Software installed but when connecting to car for the first time I get the following error message when trying to run ZGW_Search.ex (step 09 in the .txt file)

"Component MSWINSCK.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

I'm running a ThinkPad X201 with Win 7 Pro 64, Wireless card has been turned off and laptop rebooted but still getting the same error.

What am I missing?
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 07:31 PM   #289
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30 328i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyd2 View Post
Software installed but when connecting to car for the first time I get the following error message when trying to run ZGW_Search.ex (step 09 in the .txt file)

"Component MSWINSCK.OCX or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid"

I'm running a ThinkPad X201 with Win 7 Pro 64, Wireless card has been turned off and laptop rebooted but still getting the same error.

What am I missing?
You're not missing much, that file has issues under 64 bit. You could try to see it runs if you try it in Win32 compatibility mode but there's no real need really, you can skip that step if you want, the car should still make connection to your laptop (if it doesn't, make sure you disable wifi as that might give connection issues from time to time).

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      06-28-2012, 08:27 PM   #290
phillyd2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 M340i XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by svache View Post
You're not missing much, that file has issues under 64 bit. You could try to see it runs if you try it in Win32 compatibility mode but there's no real need really, you can skip that step if you want, the car should still make connection to your laptop (if it doesn't, make sure you disable wifi as that might give connection issues from time to time).
Yes Sir! XP compatibility mode did the trick. Thank you very much. I'm now connected to the car, Yikes! Off to read the other manuals and off to coding wonderland.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 08:26 AM   #291
ImperialBlue
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5

If any of you guys are comming for tommorow meet .

Green Turtle Sports Bar and Grille
19961 Century Boulevard, Germantown, MD 20874
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 08:59 AM   #292
Jbrock22
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2pw

Garage List
BMW   [0.00]
Can an audiable chirp be coded so you would know the doors are locked. ( No alarm)
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 02:27 PM   #293
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbrock22 View Post
Can an audiable chirp be coded so you would know the doors are locked. ( No alarm)
Shouldn't that be an option in iDrive? I know I can set that in our F10 which doesn't have alarm. FYI I set it to do that for a week and then turned it off, I find it highly annoying and it's easy enough to hear the locks themselves.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 03:41 PM   #294
RASHID007
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 535d X-Drive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonster View Post
Shouldn't that be an option in iDrive? I know I can set that in our F10 which doesn't have alarm. FYI I set it to do that for a week and then turned it off, I find it highly annoying and it's easy enough to hear the locks themselves.
On the vehicles without the alarm system there is no option for a chirp.

I would be interested in knowing if a non-alarm vehicle can do a chirp by coding? My sister has a 328i F30 with know alarm and really wants the chirp.
Appreciate 0
      06-29-2012, 04:10 PM   #295
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
I did see something mentioned about the alarm chirp in the code but I haven't been able to test it on a non-alarm equipped car yet.

Anyways, if you want to try and see if it works, to enable this in the menu on the iDrive, you can find it in the code here:

HU_CIC -> 3000 -> ACOUSTICAL_LOCK_CONFIRM -> set from nicht_aktiv to aktiv (at least I'm figuring that this has to be done on the non-alarm equipped car since I do have alarm and it says 'aktiv' with me ).

Note: Many PM me for links to the software needed to code. Please note that I do not have download links to this software. Your best bet is using the search function in the coding thread
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 03:51 AM   #296
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08bmw128i View Post
Great thank you! One more question for the f10 do you know how to get the temp and digital psi for tpms?
This thread is awesome!

Can you actually set it so you see the tire temp and tire psi on the dash??
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 12:31 PM   #297
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCali View Post
This thread is awesome!

Can you actually set it so you see the tire temp and tire psi on the dash??
Yep, it's just one setting to change.

I now have one of the convenience buttons assigned to show the tire temp & pressure; very reassuring and cool to have!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 12:38 PM   #298
BMWCali
Expect the Unusual
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
Yep, it's just one setting to change.

I now have one of the convenience buttons assigned to show the tire temp & pressure; very reassuring and cool to have!
Awesome! Can't wait to program it on mine! Anyone in NorCal want to do it for me once I get my car? We should find someone in the Bay Area who has the cable and computer and software and is experienced at doing it and have a meet-up and everyone can pay him $50-$100 to code their car as requested. That dude would make some serious coin in a single day.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 03:52 PM   #299
Silver F30
Rep
Drives: F30 Sportline

UPDATE: I built my own cable and was successful in coding my car. Again the ICOM from the Service Department I work at DID NOT work.

I have a question. I DO NOT have comfort access but coded to close windows and sunroof with key fob. However, I can't seem to get it to work. Do I need to hold down the lock or unlock button on the fob?

Also I DO NOT have an alarm and coded for the "chirp" when locking or unlocking and that DOES NOT work just to let you guys know.

Thanks again to all those who have helped the rest of us and especially SVACHE!
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 03:59 PM   #300
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver F30 View Post
UPDATE: I built my own cable and was successful in coding my car. Again the ICOM from the Service Department I work at DID NOT work.

I have a question. I DO NOT have comfort access but coded to close windows and sunroof with key fob. However, I can't seem to get it to work. Do I need to hold down the lock or unlock button on the fob?

Also I DO NOT have an alarm and coded for the "chirp" when locking or unlocking and that DOES NOT work just to let you guys know.

Thanks again to all those who have helped the rest of us and especially SVACHE!
I have comfort access, so your behavior may be different, but after coding, you have to push and hold the button (fob or handle) for 3 seconds before things start closing and you have to keep it held until the closing is done. If you release the button, the closing stops; probably a safety feature.

BTW: Thanks regarding the chirp; I was going to try that too. I guess I won't bother.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 04:08 PM   #301
Yobyot
Major
Rep
Drives: MY19 X3 M40i

I have a question: has anyone seeded a BitTorrent for the RapidShare data files? I am just reading through this thread and thought it might be easier to use the P2P network to distribute the files.

Is there some reason nobody's seeded a torrent of these files?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 04:31 PM   #302
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot View Post
I have a question: has anyone seeded a BitTorrent for the RapidShare data files? I am just reading through this thread and thought it might be easier to use the P2P network to distribute the files.

Is there some reason nobody's seeded a torrent of these files?
There is a link to a torrent file here:

http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...&postcount=108

I don't know if they are the same files as what's on the rapid share site or not, I gave up on the torrent as there weren't many seeds at the time. The torrent looks pretty healthy right now...
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 04:35 PM   #303
Yobyot
Major
Rep
Drives: MY19 X3 M40i

Quote:

I don't know if they are the same files as what's on the rapid share site or not, I gave up on the torrent as there weren't many seeds at the time. The torrent looks pretty healthy right now...
Thanks. I'll take a look.

Right now, there are three seeders.
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 04:57 PM   #304
demge01
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 320ed

Garage List
My UK spec 320ed is able to open/close the windows from the key fob as standard. No coding required and I didn't get the comfort access option. Press and hold the unlock button to open and same but with lock button to close.

Also I did the tyre pressure info mod and I get the extra display but no figs?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 05:32 PM   #305
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWCali View Post
Awesome! Can't wait to program it on mine! Anyone in NorCal want to do it for me once I get my car? We should find someone in the Bay Area who has the cable and computer and software and is experienced at doing it and have a meet-up and everyone can pay him $50-$100 to code their car as requested. That dude would make some serious coin in a single day.
Imho, people should just do it for free if they use the information provided here or on one of the other sites. After all, they downloaded their software and everything for free as well. The only cost would have been the cable. It's a different story when someone actually bought everything and has to make a living out of it, but those who use the software from here, they should just do it for free imo

Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 05:33 PM   #306
svache
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

This should be the same, it's the same source from what I believe

Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 05:42 PM   #307
Silver F30
Rep
Drives: F30 Sportline

It may be the fact I don't have comfort access but I can't get my windows/roof to close with the FOB. I appreciate your response FROGMAN but is it holding down the lock or unlock button on the FOB that closes everything?
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2012, 05:51 PM   #308
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver F30 View Post
but is it holding down the lock or unlock button on the FOB that closes everything?
When I hold the open button on my E90 key fob, it will, after a couple of seconds, open the windows and sunroof. The reverse happens with the lock button. This was standard for my car since day one and I did not request this operation. Some countries' specifications do not allow for this option, USA being one of them.
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect, MST turbo intake pipe, MST Cold Air Intake, JB4 on Map 2 with Catless DP produces awesome performance in Sport.
Appreciate 0