F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Lease vs Buying
PYSPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-08-2012, 06:45 AM   #1
gamechanger
Private First Class
 
Drives: x
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 104
iTrader: (1)

Lease vs Buying

Hello folks

I'm in the market for a new car.
I'm currently driving a 2010 Golf.

All the cars that i have owned in the past were purchase outright.
I'm interested in leasing a new car due to several reasons (new car every 2-3 years, i can invest the money that i have elsewhere, etc)

My question to the people here in the forum is, how do you haggle the price for a lease car.

Are you haggling the price for the monthly payments? or the final price? Or both (final price + monthly payment)?

I have never lease a car before so i'm not sure where to start in terms of haggling for a good deal.


Thanks

Last edited by gamechanger; 08-08-2012 at 09:05 AM.
gamechanger is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2012, 09:01 AM   #2
itguy86
Enlisted Member
 
itguy86's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i F30 Sport 6mt
Join Date: May 2012
Location: New Hampshire, USA

Posts: 32
iTrader: (0)

I would haggle the final price of the car which they should be able to take a couple thousand bucks off. You could start off like you are interested in buying then once you have a number talk to them about leasing.
__________________
2012 Jet Black 335i F30 Sport Line 6MT | MSport black grills
itguy86 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #3
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
 
Maz335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i M Sport (Special Ed)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

Posts: 3,072
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamechanger View Post
Hello folks

I'm in the market for a new car.
I'm currently driving a 2010 Golf.

All the cars that i have owned in the past were purchase outright.
I'm interested in leasing a new car due to several reasons (new car every 2-3 years, i can invest the money that i have elsewhere, etc)

My question to the people here in the forum is, how do you haggle the price for a lease car.

Are you haggling the price for the monthly payments? or the final price? Or both (final price + monthly payment)?

I have never lease a car before so i'm not sure where to start in terms of haggling for a good deal.


Thanks
PM me when you can.

I'll provide you with a contact at BMW of Mississauga who can help you if you want.
__________________
MODS: *** / M Sport + Performance / Meisterschaft / Challenge / MORR / more to come! ***
Maz335i is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2012, 12:32 PM   #4
gamechanger
Private First Class
 
Drives: x
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 104
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by itguy86 View Post
I would haggle the final price of the car which they should be able to take a couple thousand bucks off. You could start off like you are interested in buying then once you have a number talk to them about leasing.

Thank you for the advice
gamechanger is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2012, 12:34 PM   #5
gamechanger
Private First Class
 
Drives: x
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 104
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maz335i View Post
PM me when you can.

I'll provide you with a contact at BMW of Mississauga who can help you if you want.

Thank you my account is still new so i can't use pm yet. I'll contact you as as soon as I can
gamechanger is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-12-2012, 08:14 AM   #6
rswbmw
Private
 
rswbmw's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 328i SE
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Ontario, Canada

Posts: 64
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
As a rule of thumb for leasing negotiation, never work to a monthly target price. There are key parameters that dictate that monthly price like Interest rate and residual. These are the key one's that will drive the price. BMWs are usually good on residuals as they don't depreciate as fast as Audi for example.
__________________
RSW
rswbmw is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      08-12-2012, 08:34 AM   #7
gamechanger
Private First Class
 
Drives: x
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 104
iTrader: (1)

Thank you all for helping and giving good advice, i was able to get a car during the weekend.

Thanks again
gamechanger is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:22 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST