F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest > AZ F30 owners roll call...
jb4store
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-23-2012, 01:05 AM   #45
AZ330FZL
First Lieutenant
United_States
10

 
Drives: 2012 335i Sedan Sport Line
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ


Posts: 302
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_335Ci View Post
looks like we are getting a nice club together, see my 1st post in this thread for full AZ F30 club roster.

we should head over to South Mt. this Fall, lets just not do with this kid did:

Yeah I have watched this and shown it to so many people. Poor M3, stupid kid. Too many blind corners out there to be going as fast as he did.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2012, 11:05 AM   #46
L0UD0G
New Member
0

 
Drives: 2012 328i Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Peoria, AZ


Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

Hey Guys! I am a proud new owner of a 2012 328i Mineral Gray Sport with Premium Package. I picked it up from North Scottsdale on 8/12 and I love it. I traded in a 2011 Kia Optima SX Turbo.

Appreciate 0
      08-25-2012, 02:08 PM   #47
AZ330FZL
First Lieutenant
United_States
10

 
Drives: 2012 335i Sedan Sport Line
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ


Posts: 302
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0UD0G View Post
Hey Guys! I am a proud new owner of a 2012 328i Mineral Gray Sport with Premium Package. I picked it up from North Scottsdale on 8/12 and I love it. I traded in a 2011 Kia Optima SX Turbo.

Congrats, I really like the Mineral Gray. Looks good.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2012, 10:49 PM   #48
diesel86
Private First Class
United_States
3

 
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i Sportline
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ


Posts: 195
iTrader: (0)

My car arrived at the dealer yesterday. I talked to my CA when I saw the status update, but it was not able to be tinted before the installer left for the day. No big deal since I asked for the A.S.S. last user mode to be updated as well. I'm leaving work early on Monday to take delivery.

Since patience isn't a virtue of mine, I ended up taking a drive and just happened to end up at Chandler BMW ( I live in N. PHX). My CA took me up to see my car and I had my 17mo yr old sit in the back seat to give me his opinion. He seemed to approve. CA told me that if I really wanted to, I could take the car and then bring it back to have the tint installed and software updated. As much as I wanted to, I declined. I live 44miles away from the dealership and want to get everything done at the same time. This is going to be the longest weekend of my life.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2012, 11:31 PM   #49
matt_335Ci
Colonel
United_States
68

 
matt_335Ci's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i Sport
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Arizona - West Valley


Posts: 2,284
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2012 335i sedan  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to matt_335Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel86 View Post
My car arrived at the dealer yesterday. I talked to my CA when I saw the status update, but it was not able to be tinted before the installer left for the day. No big deal since I asked for the A.S.S. last user mode to be updated as well. I'm leaving work early on Monday to take delivery.

Since patience isn't a virtue of mine, I ended up taking a drive and just happened to end up at Chandler BMW ( I live in N. PHX). My CA took me up to see my car and I had my 17mo yr old sit in the back seat to give me his opinion. He seemed to approve. CA told me that if I really wanted to, I could take the car and then bring it back to have the tint installed and software updated. As much as I wanted to, I declined. I live 44miles away from the dealership and want to get everything done at the same time. This is going to be the longest weekend of my life.
Haha, what a tease! At least in less than 48 hours she is all yours! Congrats!

How did she look in person?
__________________
'12 335i Glacier Silver w/everest grey leather/aluminum&black gloss trim/ZSL/ZPP/ZTP/ZPS/Sport8spd/PDC/hot seats/20% ceramic tints

*RETIRED* 2009 z4 35i [e89] | 2007 335i coupe [e92] | 2001 325Ci [e46] *RETIRED*
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2012, 12:06 AM   #50
diesel86
Private First Class
United_States
3

 
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i Sportline
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ


Posts: 195
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_335Ci View Post
Haha, what a tease! At least in less than 48 hours she is all yours! Congrats!

How did she look in person?
Looked great. I took several trips around the car and inspected the exterior. I made the comment about it arriving in one piece and my CA told me the story of one that actually fell off the truck during delivery, so I guess I'm already doing better than that guy.

In the meantime, I'm tidying up my garage in preparation of its new resident. That should keep me busy for a few hours hopefully.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2012, 12:43 AM   #51
matt_335Ci
Colonel
United_States
68

 
matt_335Ci's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i Sport
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Arizona - West Valley


Posts: 2,284
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2012 335i sedan  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to matt_335Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel86 View Post
Looked great. I took several trips around the car and inspected the exterior. I made the comment about it arriving in one piece and my CA told me the story of one that actually fell off the truck during delivery, so I guess I'm already doing better than that guy.

In the meantime, I'm tidying up my garage in preparation of its new resident. That should keep me busy for a few hours hopefully.
Don't forget to buy some new cleaning products tomorrow!
__________________
'12 335i Glacier Silver w/everest grey leather/aluminum&black gloss trim/ZSL/ZPP/ZTP/ZPS/Sport8spd/PDC/hot seats/20% ceramic tints

*RETIRED* 2009 z4 35i [e89] | 2007 335i coupe [e92] | 2001 325Ci [e46] *RETIRED*
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2012, 01:10 AM   #52
LousyShot
Private First Class
1

 
LousyShot's Avatar
 
Drives: MY13 MGM 335i
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Arizona


Posts: 127
iTrader: (0)

335 Sport Mineral Grey
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2012, 09:24 PM   #53
rallybull
Captain
United_States
18

 
rallybull's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i w/PPK
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: USA


Posts: 818
iTrader: (0)

was anyone else's car on the Mignon? If yes, we should be hoping to get our cars by Tue or Wed latest... right?
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2012, 09:26 PM   #54
rallybull
Captain
United_States
18

 
rallybull's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i w/PPK
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: USA


Posts: 818
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L0UD0G View Post
Hey Guys! I am a proud new owner of a 2012 328i Mineral Gray Sport with Premium Package. I picked it up from North Scottsdale on 8/12 and I love it. I traded in a 2011 Kia Optima SX Turbo.

awesome looking! congratulations!! How many miles on it have you done already?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2012, 04:44 PM   #55
L0UD0G
New Member
0

 
Drives: 2012 328i Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Peoria, AZ


Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojo_m View Post
awesome looking! congratulations!! How many miles on it have you done already?
I have about 750 miles on it right now. I drive quite a bit...
I just need to get the windows tinted ASAP!
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 11:01 PM   #56
matt_335Ci
Colonel
United_States
68

 
matt_335Ci's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i Sport
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Arizona - West Valley


Posts: 2,284
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2012 335i sedan  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to matt_335Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by L0UD0G View Post
I have about 750 miles on it right now. I drive quite a bit...
I just need to get the windows tinted ASAP!
good place in Avondale if you are interested PM me.
__________________
'12 335i Glacier Silver w/everest grey leather/aluminum&black gloss trim/ZSL/ZPP/ZTP/ZPS/Sport8spd/PDC/hot seats/20% ceramic tints

*RETIRED* 2009 z4 35i [e89] | 2007 335i coupe [e92] | 2001 325Ci [e46] *RETIRED*
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2012, 11:24 PM   #57
L0UD0G
New Member
0

 
Drives: 2012 328i Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Peoria, AZ


Posts: 12
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt_335Ci View Post
good place in Avondale if you are interested PM me.
I work in North Scottsdale and I had my last car tinted at Echelon Autosports and they did a good job. I'll probably just go to them again. Thanks though!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2012, 12:01 AM   #58
diesel86
Private First Class
United_States
3

 
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i Sportline
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ


Posts: 195
iTrader: (0)

I'm thinking of joining the BMW CCA and wanted to see if anybody local is a member. If so, let me know what your member # is and I will use you as a referral. From what I am told it would register both of us into for a M-Performance driving school.
__________________
2012 328i Sportline - Black Sapphire Metallic - 8AT Sport

I pronounce it "Beemer" and turn my fog lights on even when it's not foggy.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 01:46 AM   #59
rallybull
Captain
United_States
18

 
rallybull's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i w/PPK
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: USA


Posts: 818
iTrader: (0)

Here she finally is:

Name:  IMG_1212.JPG
Views: 1008
Size:  286.9 KB

Name:  IMG_1226.JPG
Views: 826
Size:  276.0 KB

Name:  IMG_1213.JPG
Views: 3118
Size:  298.3 KB


Went ahead and got 20% tints done all around (except the front windshield visor which is 5%).

Will be getting opticoat done this Friday.

Initial impressions: I am totally blown away by the power of this car. For some weird reason, this car feels noticeably peppier than the car that I test drove 2 months back. This is not just me me but also my friend felt the same who test drove the same car.
HUD is awesome.
Basic HiFi system is much better than I expected, so will be keeping it for some time.
idrive is powerful but complex -planning on getting a PHD in idrive system by the end of next year.

The only thing I did not care about is the really thin steering wheel (in spite of being heated). I'm now looking out what I could do about this.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 10:21 AM   #60
diesel86
Private First Class
United_States
3

 
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i Sportline
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ


Posts: 195
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojo_m View Post
Here she finally is:

Attachment 745417

Attachment 745418

Attachment 745419


Went ahead and got 20% tints done all around (except the front windshield visor which is 5%).

Will be getting opticoat done this Friday.

Initial impressions: I am totally blown away by the power of this car. For some weird reason, this car feels noticeably peppier than the car that I test drove 2 months back. This is not just me me but also my friend felt the same who test drove the same car.
HUD is awesome.
Basic HiFi system is much better than I expected, so will be keeping it for some time.
idrive is powerful but complex -planning on getting a PHD in idrive system by the end of next year.

The only thing I did not care about is the really thin steering wheel (in spite of being heated). I'm now looking out what I could do about this.
Nice car. I love the combo of the White with black accents. After reading all of the negative comments about the iDrive system for years in the mags, I had a preconceived notion that I would hate it, but after a few days with it, I feel like I know it like the back of my hand. The only thing I haven't done yet is configure my shortcut keys.

Forgive my ignorance, but what is "PHD"?
__________________
2012 328i Sportline - Black Sapphire Metallic - 8AT Sport

I pronounce it "Beemer" and turn my fog lights on even when it's not foggy.
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 07:41 PM   #61
matt_335Ci
Colonel
United_States
68

 
matt_335Ci's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i Sport
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Arizona - West Valley


Posts: 2,284
iTrader: (5)

Garage List
2012 335i sedan  [5.00]
Send a message via AIM to matt_335Ci
Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel86 View Post

Forgive my ignorance, but what is "PHD"?
Doctor of Philosophy, abbreviated as Ph.D., PhD

aka, Player Hater Degree.
__________________
'12 335i Glacier Silver w/everest grey leather/aluminum&black gloss trim/ZSL/ZPP/ZTP/ZPS/Sport8spd/PDC/hot seats/20% ceramic tints

*RETIRED* 2009 z4 35i [e89] | 2007 335i coupe [e92] | 2001 325Ci [e46] *RETIRED*
Appreciate 0
      09-04-2012, 08:32 PM   #62
MalsBrownCoat
New Member
United_States
2

 
Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ


Posts: 27
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tojo_m View Post
Went ahead and got 20% tints done all around (except the front windshield visor which is 5%).

Will be getting opticoat done this Friday.

Looking good, mate. Can you share the details on the tint location and cost, as well as the Opticoat?

Thanks!
__________________
2013 335 M-Sport | BSM | Blk/Blk/AlumHex| 6MT | Premium | Technology | Cold Weather | Driver Assistance | Dynamic Handling | Harman Kardon | ED 9/6
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2012, 11:49 PM   #63
Anenome
Enlisted Member
United_States
1

 
Anenome's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: AZ - East Valley


Posts: 47
iTrader: (0)

Hey guys, anyone have the A.S.S recoded yet or plan on doing it? If so what dealer did you take it to or plan to take it to? I was just wondering since I bought my car at N. Scottsdale, but plan on going to Chandler for service. I've read some posts on this board claiming some dealers were unaware of it or couldn't do it for some reason. Any input is appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 10:09 AM   #64
diesel86
Private First Class
United_States
3

 
Drives: 2012 BMW 328i Sportline
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ


Posts: 195
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anemone View Post
Hey guys, anyone have the A.S.S recoded yet or plan on doing it? If so what dealer did you take it to or plan to take it to? I was just wondering since I bought my car at N. Scottsdale, but plan on going to Chandler for service. I've read some posts on this board claiming some dealers were unaware of it or couldn't do it for some reason. Any input is appreciated.
It's funny, because I bought my car at Chandler and have had it serviced at N. Scottsdale. Anywho, Chandler is definitely familiar with the recoding. I had it done before I took a delivery of my car. They did warn me that BMW will only do it once and made me sign something stating I was aware of what the coding did, so make sure you definitely want the last user mode. For me, it was a no brainer. The ASS has been trouble free since then. Now if the could get whatever is loose in the doors out I'd be really happy. Had to take my car in for the second time this week.
__________________
2012 328i Sportline - Black Sapphire Metallic - 8AT Sport

I pronounce it "Beemer" and turn my fog lights on even when it's not foggy.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 08:30 PM   #65
Anenome
Enlisted Member
United_States
1

 
Anenome's Avatar
 
Drives: 2014 328i M-Sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: AZ - East Valley


Posts: 47
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel86 View Post
It's funny, because I bought my car at Chandler and have had it serviced at N. Scottsdale. Anywho, Chandler is definitely familiar with the recoding. I had it done before I took a delivery of my car. They did warn me that BMW will only do it once and made me sign something stating I was aware of what the coding did, so make sure you definitely want the last user mode. For me, it was a no brainer. The ASS has been trouble free since then. Now if the could get whatever is loose in the doors out I'd be really happy. Had to take my car in for the second time this week.
Thanks for the info! Right now I start my car and immediately turn off the ASS, so yeah I definitely want to get it done. I was going to wait until I needed service, but I figured why wait. I'll probably try to set something up in the next couple of weeks. I wonder if I would be able to get a loaner since I didn't buy my car their. I know some dealers give preferential treatment to customers, so I guess I will see. Hopefully they will get your taken care of, so you can start to fully enjoy it!
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2012, 08:49 PM   #66
rallybull
Captain
United_States
18

 
rallybull's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i w/PPK
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: USA


Posts: 818
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalsBrownCoat View Post
Looking good, mate. Can you share the details on the tint location and cost, as well as the Opticoat?

Thanks!
I got the tints done at Danny's . I'm not happy with the tint work and would likely go back to them for fixing some things (I see a couple of scratches and a few bubbles that just don't seem to disappear). I'm actually pretty surprised at the shoddy job.

I'm getting the opticoat done through "windows and wheels". Their web site is windowsandwheels.com. Contact person is Will. The work will start tomorrow morning and will take about 6-7 hours for two of them. I'm just crossing my fingers that they do a good job.

Last edited by rallybull; 09-06-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:46 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST