F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > First ever Alpina B3 in the U.S. ;)
ARMA SPEED

10-18-2012, 08:11 PM   #23
BavarianFanatic
Too much is never enough
United_States
Rep
Drives: Too Many

For starters, I hate the hood, black lip spoiler and side grills. The badging is a bit ridiculous, but the irony is that anyone who even had a clue what Alpina is would immediately know it's bogus. So on this technicality I'd let it slide. An M3 badge would be a bigger foul.

The funniest thing about it is the fact that it's a 328.

That E28 is the shit. That's a hell of a big intercooler and oil cooler. I'm not feeling the weenie tires and stance though.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 07:28 PM   #24
Sam_M3
E90 M3
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

I am the owner of the car...

Hi Guys...

I am the owner of the car and I work for Alpina , this is a F30 B3 2013 Prototype...

the wraps are preferences so the car can stand out as a marketing effort...it may not please everyone, but I personally like it.

The wheels and tires cost me $50 each as temporary wheels while I await my rims ...so not a bad deal would you say

as far as the gills on the side are performance part to break the air density on the side of the car, and no they are not upside down it is design to break the air wave by slicing it and there for create much less resistance...

it's a powerful ride V6 Twin Turbo (sequential) 395 hp with an AFE air intake upgrade (408 Hp) and can definitely keep up with all the great M3's out there...

I just thought I provide this information so we keep the forum friendly...

Sam

Last edited by Sam_M3; 11-01-2012 at 07:14 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 10:51 PM   #25
Bluesummer
Lieutenant General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: slower than Ayrton Senna

Garage List
2017 BMW X5M  [0.00]
2015 M4  [0.00]
2011 E82 135  [0.00]
2011 M3  [0.00]
2007 335  [0.00]
So I see you are more like a professional test driver. Have you driven this car? http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=728763

how was it? Is the B3 finally coming to the U.S. like the B7? Any plan to bring the B6 and B5? I mean, can I buy one at the dealership soon?
      10-23-2012, 11:02 PM   #26
iDontAlwaysDrink
Private First Class Asshole
Rep
Drives: ....but when I do....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam_B3 View Post
Hi Guys...

I am the owner of the car and I work for Alpina , this is a F30 B3 2013 Prototype...

the wraps are preferences so the car can stand out as a marketing effort...it may not please everyone, but I personally like it.

The wheels and tires cost me $50 each as temporary wheels while I await my rims ...so not a bad deal would you say

as far as the gills on the side are are performance part to break the air density on the side of the car, and no they are not upside down it is design to break the air wave by slicing it and there for create much less resistance...

it's a powerful ride V6 Twin Turbo (sequential) 395 hp with an AFE air intake upgrade (408 Hp) and can definitely keep up with all the great M3's out there...

I just tough I provide this information so we keep the forum friendly...

Sam

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILSMKU View Post
Im far from jealous... I can afford a much nicer car than a M3.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2012, 11:08 PM   #27
Agio645cic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: GTR

You are a crack head kid ! Im sorry can someone please ban this looney tune!
Quote:
Hi Guys...

as far as the gills on the side are are performance part to break the air density on the side of the car, and no they are not upside down it is design to break the air wave by slicing it and there for create much less resistance...

I just tough I provide this information so we keep the forum friendly...

Sam
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 02:45 AM   #28
JChan
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW E92 M

Garage List
2018 BMW M550i  [0.00]
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Lulz
Quote:
Hi Guys...

as far as the gills on the side are performance part to break the air density on the side of the car, and no they are not upside down it is design to break the air wave by slicing it and there for create much less resistance...

Sam
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 02:46 AM   #29
JChan
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 BMW E92 M

Garage List
2018 BMW M550i  [0.00]
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
Leon, you're a forum whore.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 04:32 AM   #30
SomeRandomer123
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Luxury - Sport Auto

Could be worse. Could have an M badge on it

Gone: 2006 BMW E60 520d SE 6MT
Gone: 2009 BMW E90-LCI 330d SE 6MT
Current: 2012 F30 328i Luxury 8AT
On Order: 2015 Audi A6 Avant Ultra, Black Edition (sorry!)
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 10:39 AM   #31
Agio645cic
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: GTR

I can't believe I'm wasting my "TIME" and write about this clown !!! FACT 1 : Your Alpina wanna be came from IRVINE BMW dealer !!! Guy who sold this car to you still laughing about this !!!

Just love what you got bro.... You got a beautiful car and you do NOT need to add non sense to live your life !!!

GL to you kid !!!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 11:03 AM   #32
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep
Drives: '12 F30 Lux 335i 6MT

V6? is that why Alpina cost so much?? they turn your inline6 into V6?
cut it in half and glue the two parts together in V-shape?

either you are a clueless troll (sorry for being mean, but i just want to straighten you out)
Or
you just have the balls to step out ON PURPOSE as a troll, so to entertain people with your outstanding tastes .

Either way:
The car would have looked much better if you kept a few details on a classy side.

Anyways, that's just my own opinion...
you might not agree with them, and it's fair

We are still in a rather free country, so do as you please...
(just know you are a bit on the awkward side, so dont mind if people call you out

Peace out.

EDIT: Gills are still upside down.

Last edited by DrivenByE30; 10-24-2012 at 11:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 11:24 AM   #33
Sam_M3
E90 M3
United_States
Rep

Yes It is a FREE country, and the best country in the world....for that I am very proud.

you can continue with your insulting tone, we are both in OC and will probably run into each other when we do ( as you will recognize my car) , please say hello and I will pop up the hood...

you see this car has a highly advanced V6 3.0-liter engine rather then your inline6 suggestion...

The reason for this is simple: the V6 is better when it comes to packing it into the car’s body. The two twin-scroll turbos are mounted within the V of the engine. This unique approach reduces the length of the inlet tract compared with a regular turbo-vee setup, helping to sharpen throttle response and minimizing heat buildup after air passes through the intercooler.

I try to be respectful even when it is very difficult to keep up with the rush of insults and laughter based on assumptions and speculations, or rumors...

Sam

Last edited by Sam_M3; 10-24-2012 at 05:37 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 11:53 AM   #34
Mrcarcrazy
Sarcasm free with all posts.
Rep
Drives: 05 Elise REV310

poo poo platter anyone?

Man one time I had this Kharmaghini, you probably don't know what it is, but that's because it's awesomeness is only understood by people better than you. like me... well anyway, it went 0-60 in 1.5 seconds, got 94mpg, and went around the Nurburgring in 1:32.02. It was way ahead of its time, infact it was a time machine. Luckily it only needed 87mph to go back in time, the hard part was going forward in time since it ran off of candy corn. Well I just got rid of it, so I can't post any pictures of any of my claims. but I assure you, I'm for reals. It was off the hook...and stuff.
      10-24-2012, 12:58 PM   #35
jrob
Bimmer God
Rep
Drives: 2003 BMW 330i

Nice CSL style wheels...and that's about it.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 01:22 PM   #36
ric124
Colonel
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F87 M2 BSM MT

Garage List
2017 BMW M2  [0.00]
Quote:
Yes It is a FREE country, and the best country in the world....for that I am very proud.

you can continue with your insulting tone, we are both in OC and will probably run into each other when we do ( as you will recognize my car) , please say hello and I will pop up the hood...

you see this car has a highly advanced V6 3.0-liter engine rather then your inline6 suggestion...

The reason for this is simple: the V6 is better when it comes to packing it into the car’s body. The two twin-scroll turbos will be mounted within the V of the engine. This unique approach reduces the length of the inlet tract compared with a regular turbo-vee setup, helping to sharpen throttle response and minimizing heat buildup after air passes through the intercooler.

I try to be respectful even when it is very difficult to keep up with the rush of insults and laughter based on assumptions and speculations, or rumors...

Sam
So who made this V6? is this the same engine found in the S4?
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 04:50 PM   #37
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep

Thumbs up

Quote:

The reason for this is simple: the V6 is better when it comes to packing it into the car’s body. The two twin-scroll turbos will be mounted within the V of the engine. This unique approach reduces the length of the inlet tract compared with a regular turbo-vee setup, helping to sharpen throttle response and minimizing heat buildup after air passes through the intercooler.

Sam

I am sorry for my offensive and insulting tones...
I agree, i am in no position to criticize your choices.

Now talking about that interesting Forza Engine Swap.

We certainly would not mind you posting a few photos of that engine bay right here.

you seem you could actually teach us something new here.

But if for X-reasons, you are unable to post the photos here.
I will still to show you respect on and off of this forum.

if we do cross paths in the areas, i will say hi
& will buy you a beer

Apologies again for the unfriendly tones.
your car is your car, it is for sure less boring looking than mine.
and i honestly wish i could spend that much money on my car too.

keep it up man!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 05:34 PM   #38
Sam_M3
E90 M3
United_States
Rep

Brother-

You have a winning attitude, I do not claim I know Much more about cars that anyone who is passionate about it , I have some information and understanding about my car...

to your point the inline6 engine is also being tested currently with another B3 prototype, Alpina will make the final announcements in March

Regarding the pictures, at this point this thread has been negative and lot of sarcasms ..what's the point on continuing irritating people.I will show it to you in person, since we are both here in OC...and we can chat more.

You know I did take one of your advises and took of the Gills on the side, although it is a performance part to slice air density...I just couldn't really tell the difference...

and the V on the hood is temporary...

Respectfully,

Sam
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 05:39 PM   #39
iDontAlwaysDrink
Private First Class Asshole
Rep
Drives: ....but when I do....

Quote:
Brother-

You have a winning attitude, I do not claim I know Much more about cars that anyone who is passionate about it , I have some information and understanding about my car...

to your point the inline6 engine is also being tested currently with another B3 prototype, Alpina will make the final announcements in March

Regarding the pictures, at this point this thread has been negative and lot of sarcasms ..what's the point on continuing irritating people.I will show it to you in person, since we are both here in OC...and we can chat more.

You know I did take one of your advises and took of the Gills on the side, although it is a performance part to slice air density...I just couldn't really tell the difference...

Respectfully,

Sam
Please post a photo of said temporary V6. I'm very curious.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ILSMKU View Post
Im far from jealous... I can afford a much nicer car than a M3.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 05:52 PM   #40
nlpamg
MBWorld Spy
Rep
Drives: M4 CSL, F8 Tributo, GR Supra

Quote:
Hi Guys...

Sam
You sir, are a fraud.

I have contacted ALPINA BURKARD BOVENSIEPEN GMBH + CO. KG directly to request more information on your story.

I have been advised that there are no prototypes in existence in California, nor does Alpina have any employees testing out vehicles in California, much less Irvine.

Furthermore, the pictures of your car have California plates on. If BMW or even Alpina were doing testing, they would have Michigan MFR plates on them, NOT standard California plates. Also, the representative badges and emblems would not be present on the vehicle if it were a prototype.

I would caution you that you should not falsely represent that you are an employee of a corporation and that you are testing a prototype when it is not true.

Time to participate in the douchey signature blocks
Current: 2023 BMW M4 CSL, 2021 Ferrari F8 Tributo, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Notable Past: 2017 BMW M3 30 Jahre, 2019 Porsche GT3 RS, 2018 Porsche GT3, 2015 Porsche GT3, 2012 Nissan GT-R Black Edition Alpha 6+, 2008 BMW M5 Dinan, 2006 BMW M3, 2014 Mercedes CLA45 AMG

Last edited by nlpamg; 10-24-2012 at 06:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 05:54 PM   #41
DrivenByE30
Brigadier General
France
Rep

Smile Let's give him the benefit of the doubt... and keep a warm welcoming attitude here.

we can meet at one of those (girl) bikini bars (if you are into those kind things)

but indeed if your car sports that V6 engine... the V on the hood could be a good reminder.

I hope it will start making sense to all of us at some point, .... Or Not, but who the heck cares anymore now?

Cheers,
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 06:02 PM   #42
AWF30MSPORT
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 Porsche 981 Cayman GTS

Quote:
Brother-

cr

Respectfully,

Sam
Why did you delete your pics from this old thread yesterday (below) and try to change the title from "2012 328i Custom" to "F30 B3 Custom?"

http:t//www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=738671
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 06:03 PM   #43
nlpamg
MBWorld Spy
Rep

Also, it's funny how you state that it is a prototype B3.

However, you posted this back in August:

Quote:
2012 F30 328I - Custom

• Custom designed Exterior
  • Custom design Interior
  • 19 inch wheels and tires
  • Lowered ( H&R)
  • Performance Enhancement 307 HP (Ongoing Project)

This is the basic model, with "zero" option from the dealer...RAW
All the work has been design by myself and Bryan at H&W Motorsport in Costa Mesa

More pics to come ...interior and exterior and off course ENGINE!!!

Sam
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showth...7#post12601307

Funny how you backpedaled and edited your picture thread just yesterday as well:
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showth...6#post12601386

So, would you like me to check if Bryan at H&W Motorsport in Costa Mesa is affiliated with Alpina as well? Don't need to, they look like your run of the mill, "wheel and audio" shop: http://www.yelp.com/biz/hw-motorsports-costa-mesa

Notable Past: 2017 BMW M3 30 Jahre, 2019 Porsche GT3 RS, 2018 Porsche GT3, 2015 Porsche GT3, 2012 Nissan GT-R Black Edition Alpha 6+, 2008 BMW M5 Dinan, 2006 BMW M3, 2014 Mercedes CLA45 AMG

Last edited by nlpamg; 10-24-2012 at 06:12 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2012, 06:55 PM   #44
nlpamg
MBWorld Spy
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlpamg View Post
Also, it's funny how you state that it is a prototype B3.

However, you posted this back in August:

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showth...7#post12601307

Funny how you backpedaled and edited your picture thread just yesterday as well:
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showth...6#post12601386

So, would you like me to check if Bryan at H&W Motorsport in Costa Mesa is affiliated with Alpina as well? Don't need to, they look like your run of the mill, "wheel and audio" shop: http://www.yelp.com/biz/hw-motorsports-costa-mesa
And now it seems like Sam has edited BOTH of my above referenced threads today shortly after these posts.

Appreciate 0