F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Rear Reflectors - To Change or Not to Change?
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-28-2012, 03:20 AM   #23
Spikey
Captain
 
Drives: erratically
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: around town~

Posts: 765
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsedlak View Post
Just wanted to update that I got the reflectors (ordered from IND). They were individually wrapped in microfiber towels (thanks! I needed some!) and then wrapped in bubble wrap. They look perfect and have the BMW markings and everything. Can't wait to install them!

Crummy phone pic:
Fantastic~! I'm lookin gat getting them too but can't find a write up on how to remove/replace the original ones... When you replace yours, could you possible take some pics/do a mini write up?
Spikey is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      10-28-2012, 04:03 AM   #24
jsedlak
Lieutenant
 
jsedlak's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i 6spd
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Morristown, NJ

Posts: 410
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikey View Post
Fantastic~! I'm lookin gat getting them too but can't find a write up on how to remove/replace the original ones... When you replace yours, could you possible take some pics/do a mini write up?
Sure.

How do I replace them?
jsedlak is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-28-2012, 07:04 AM   #25
Spikey
Captain
 
Drives: erratically
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: around town~

Posts: 765
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsedlak View Post
Sure.

How do I replace them?
lol that's what i'm wondering
Spikey is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2012, 07:46 AM   #26
Vitoco
Captain
 
Vitoco's Avatar
 
Drives: F31 328i M Sport
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sweden

Posts: 747
iTrader: (0)

Got mine 2 weeks ago but havent had the chance to do it.. a DIY with pics would be helpful
__________________
Glacier Ag. F31 328iA M Sport oct. 2012
| Sport Automatic | Adap. M Susp. | Pano. Moonroof | 20" ATS Racelight Grey w. Michelin PSS| M Sport brakes | Harman Kardon | Elec. Seats | PDC F&R | ACC Stop&Go | 335i MPE | Perf. Parts |
Vitoco is offline   Sweden
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2012, 03:00 PM   #27
jsedlak
Lieutenant
 
jsedlak's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i 6spd
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Morristown, NJ

Posts: 410
iTrader: (0)

Anyone figure it out yet?

I will attempt in a day or two... picking up the car tonight.
jsedlak is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-04-2012, 08:29 PM   #28
jsedlak
Lieutenant
 
jsedlak's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i 6spd
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Morristown, NJ

Posts: 410
iTrader: (0)

Done! Was easy.

Make sure the car is cool - you'll be reaching around the exhaust.

They go in by slotting the outer most tab into the outside part of the car and then snapping the rest in. They come out in the opposite way.
  1. Crawl underneath the car and reach up towards the center of the reflector.
  2. Pull down on the center tab and push out
  3. With your free hand, reach around to the outside and pull out the reflector. Pull the two inner most tabs out.
  4. Pull in towards the centerline of the car and out away from the bumper.

The passenger side is a little tight, but keep reaching and you'll get it. Or use a pick tool.
jsedlak is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-05-2012, 03:11 AM   #29
pkimM3r
Banned
 
pkimM3r's Avatar
 
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: lost angeles

Posts: 7,321
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsedlak
Done! Was easy.

Make sure the car is cool - you'll be reaching around the exhaust.

They go in by slotting the outer most tab into the outside part of the car and then snapping the rest in. They come out in the opposite way.
  1. Crawl underneath the car and reach up towards the center of the reflector.
  2. Pull down on the center tab and push out
  3. With your free hand, reach around to the outside and pull out the reflector. Pull the two inner most tabs out.
  4. Pull in towards the centerline of the car and out away from the bumper.

The passenger side is a little tight, but keep reaching and you'll get it. Or use a pick tool.
You can do it from the outside i believe. Just like previous models. Need the right tools.
pkimM3r is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-06-2012, 08:17 AM   #30
jsedlak
Lieutenant
 
jsedlak's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i 6spd
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Morristown, NJ

Posts: 410
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkim1079 View Post
You can do it from the outside i believe. Just like previous models. Need the right tools.
I figured, but I knew there was much less of a chance of me scratching anything if I went from behind.
jsedlak is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:47 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST