F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Its here.....EBII 330d M Sport!
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-10-2012, 09:46 AM   #45
NISFAN
Brigadier General
 
NISFAN's Avatar
 
Drives: The best kind of F30 :)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bedford UK

Posts: 3,781
iTrader: (0)

That extract lists Immingham port which I thought was the BMW shipping port, not Southampton. Immingham is only 40 miles from Thorne, so makes sense. Maybe they ship 'Southern cars' to Southampton now, direct to dealer groups?
__________________
NISFAN is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      11-10-2012, 09:50 AM   #46
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
 
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

Posts: 5,199
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
That extract lists Immingham port which I thought was the BMW shipping port, not Southampton. Immingham is only 40 miles from Thorne, so makes sense. Maybe they ship 'Southern cars' to Southampton now, direct to dealer groups?
Yep they do as of Jan 2012
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
JOHNBMWM5 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-10-2012, 12:57 PM   #47
mlepyro
M Performance
 
mlepyro's Avatar
 
Drives: F10 M5 + F31 330d
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: UK

Posts: 521
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
I know for a fact my 335d came into Immingham about 3yrs ago as it had it on a sticker in the window prior to the dealer touching it. At that time I thought it strange as the word was Soton was the UK dock for BMW imports.

So who knows, but I still think logically, you either have a prep center or you don't... that place would have cost millions and millions, not to mention all the staff... so if you don't need it for southern cars, why do you need it for northern ones.

Mat
__________________
F10 M5 Competition White / Sakhir Orange
Loaded, Akra carbon titanium exhaust, Carbon trim, Carbon spoiler, RKP carbon front lip + diffusor.
F31 330d M Sport (Alpine White / Red)
Loaded, 405M 20", M perf: skirts, brakes red.
mlepyro is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-10-2012, 04:34 PM   #48
F30FAN
Private First Class
 
F30FAN's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport -
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 194
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
From my dealers mouth: BMW UK ask for the money for the car "when it lands in the UK"
I am confused by this but I am getting old
So am I to believe Listers keep the total moneys in their accounts till delivery to the UK is confirmed?.
Sounds like a f***ing nightmare I feel for you guys.

Last time I checked we were not living in the dark ages and tracking a car isn't rocket science!! Talk about the blind leading the blind..do they have a book filled with lame excuses or what...

You spend over 45K on a car and as a customer you have to do all the chasing and especially in this current economical climate its beyond belief.

As soon as you've paid the deposit its like adios muchachos.. see ya wouldn't wanna be ya....!! What's this world coming to..

Its time they sorted out an official customer portal tracking system similar to the US one for the UK, or at the least issue an automated weekly update to a customer nominated email account with progress and location of your Vehicle/VIN, that is in no way a big feat.

RANT OVER..

Its fair to assume the franchise dealerships don't fully pay for the vehicles until they are physically here in the UK, I suppose from the dealers point of view it makes more financial sense.

Things have gone quiet this end also, I will be making a phone call Monday morning just to make sure my BW/car hasn't fallen off the planet for some lame reason and when it does arrive I will be meticulously checking the paint work...

Hang in there buddy.
__________________
F30 330d MSport
Alpine White|19"Star Spoke Alloys| Dakota Leather|Advanced Parking|Visibility|BMW Pro Media Pkge|MSport Braking System|MSport|Susp|HUD|S L D|Harmon/Kardon

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781108

Last edited by F30FAN; 11-10-2012 at 04:40 PM.
F30FAN is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2012, 09:55 AM   #49
MaestroAl
Major
 
Drives: Superman 330D M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 1,194
iTrader: (0)

I'll be on the phone tomorrow too
__________________
"Superman 330D M Sport" Estoril Blue / Coral Red
2PF|ZAP|ZMP|ZVI|2VF|3AP|420|488|494|5DC|688|6NR
IT ARRIVED!
MaestroAl is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2012, 03:13 PM   #50
NISFAN
Brigadier General
 
NISFAN's Avatar
 
Drives: The best kind of F30 :)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bedford UK

Posts: 3,781
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30FAN View Post
Sounds like a f***ing nightmare I feel for you guys.

Last time I checked we were not living in the dark ages and tracking a car isn't rocket science!! Talk about the blind leading the blind..do they have a book filled with lame excuses or what...

You spend over 45K on a car and as a customer you have to do all the chasing and especially in this current economical climate its beyond belief.

As soon as you've paid the deposit its like adios muchachos.. see ya wouldn't wanna be ya....!! What's this world coming to..

Its time they sorted out an official customer portal tracking system similar to the US one for the UK, or at the least issue an automated weekly update to a customer nominated email account with progress and location of your Vehicle/VIN, that is in no way a big feat.

RANT OVER..
Whilst I agree it could be improved, I can also appreciate the logistical nightmare that is moving hundreds of cars to hundreds of dealers every day.

I could only imagine the outrage on the following feedback of status:

*Car in BMW distribution center UK (Thorne or whatever), waiting for transport to local dealer, estimated time sitting here waiting....2 weeks because it is uneconomically viable to send a 10 car wagon with 2 cars on it*

I have got to say, my dealer has been as good as the system will allow at keeping me updated, but understand that some dealers are rubbish.
__________________
NISFAN is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2012, 12:07 PM   #51
F30AM
Brigadier General
 
F30AM's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London, UK

Posts: 3,974
iTrader: (0)

BW44 awaiting shipping from Germania.
Still loving the GTI so no rush ....... yet.
__________________
Present: Superman 330d sDrive M Sport + Toys (Auto Car: 0-60 in 5.5s, 0-100 in 14.2s, 30-70 in 5.1s)
Ordered: Red Tornado Golf 7R 5 Dr, DSG + Toys (Top Gear: 0-60 in 4.5s, 0-100 in 11.5s, 30-70 in 4.0s)
F30AM is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #52
MaestroAl
Major
 
Drives: Superman 330D M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 1,194
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
BW44 awaiting shipping from Germania.
Crikey. Mine was BW43 and was supposed to arrive at the dealer today. I emailed the lease company first thing this morning and at close of play but have had no response other than "we'll ask the dealer" I do hope mine's not still in Germany or someone's gonna die. My MPS has been SORNed since the end of August so I'm sharing the wife's Mazda 5 and it's crap. What's even worse is that the MPS has now been repaired and is sitting on my driving mocking me.
__________________
"Superman 330D M Sport" Estoril Blue / Coral Red
2PF|ZAP|ZMP|ZVI|2VF|3AP|420|488|494|5DC|688|6NR
IT ARRIVED!
MaestroAl is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2012, 01:24 PM   #53
dopper99
Brigadier General
 
dopper99's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335d M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK

Posts: 3,793
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestroAl View Post
Crikey. Mine was BW43 and was supposed to arrive at the dealer today. I emailed the lease company first thing this morning and at close of play but have had no response other than "we'll ask the dealer" I do hope mine's not still in Germany or someone's gonna die. My MPS has been SORNed since the end of August so I'm sharing the wife's Mazda 5 and it's crap. What's even worse is that the MPS has now been repaired and is sitting on my driving mocking me.
Think how fast your 330d will feel when you finally get it.
dopper99 is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2012, 01:30 PM   #54
F30AM
Brigadier General
 
F30AM's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London, UK

Posts: 3,974
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestroAl View Post
Crikey. Mine was BW43 and was supposed to arrive at the dealer today. I emailed the lease company first thing this morning and at close of play but have had no response other than "we'll ask the dealer" I do hope mine's not still in Germany or someone's gonna die. My MPS has been SORNed since the end of August so I'm sharing the wife's Mazda 5 and it's crap. What's even worse is that the MPS has now been repaired and is sitting on my driving mocking me.
Yours is probably on the boat, a very, very slow boat and could be here by Friday, I hope to gord. Don't want you to be in HM Prison for murrrrderrr (Scottish!) before sitting in your Superman.

.... that did not sound too good ....
__________________
Present: Superman 330d sDrive M Sport + Toys (Auto Car: 0-60 in 5.5s, 0-100 in 14.2s, 30-70 in 5.1s)
Ordered: Red Tornado Golf 7R 5 Dr, DSG + Toys (Top Gear: 0-60 in 4.5s, 0-100 in 11.5s, 30-70 in 4.0s)
F30AM is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2012, 01:58 PM   #55
MaestroAl
Major
 
Drives: Superman 330D M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 1,194
iTrader: (0)

I'm kinda hoping mine's being PDId by some Kosovans as we speak I worked in the motor trade for nearly 6 years and remember PDI taking only a couple of hours. Add to that a good valet and prep and it's half a day's work. Tops. And also, I've nagged and nagged at the lease company and every time they have said my car is still on time and due in at the dealer today
__________________
"Superman 330D M Sport" Estoril Blue / Coral Red
2PF|ZAP|ZMP|ZVI|2VF|3AP|420|488|494|5DC|688|6NR
IT ARRIVED!
MaestroAl is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2012, 05:26 PM   #56
F30FAN
Private First Class
 
F30FAN's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport -
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 194
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Whilst I agree it could be improved, I can also appreciate the logistical nightmare that is moving hundreds of cars to hundreds of dealers every day.

I could only imagine the outrage on the following feedback of status:

*Car in BMW distribution center UK (Thorne or whatever), waiting for transport to local dealer, estimated time sitting here waiting....2 weeks because it is uneconomically viable to send a 10 car wagon with 2 cars on it*

I have got to say, my dealer has been as good as the system will allow at keeping me updated, but understand that some dealers are rubbish.
Now this is what I call a tracking system..

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=680467

Spoke to the dealer today Build Week 47 still good, 2 weeks in Production...arrival in the UK around week 50...fingers crossed!!
__________________
F30 330d MSport
Alpine White|19"Star Spoke Alloys| Dakota Leather|Advanced Parking|Visibility|BMW Pro Media Pkge|MSport Braking System|MSport|Susp|HUD|S L D|Harmon/Kardon

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781108
F30FAN is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2012, 06:18 PM   #57
NISFAN
Brigadier General
 
NISFAN's Avatar
 
Drives: The best kind of F30 :)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bedford UK

Posts: 3,781
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30FAN View Post
Now this is what I call a tracking system..

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=680467

Spoke to the dealer today Build Week 47 still good, 2 weeks in Production...arrival in the UK around week 50...fingers crossed!!
Wouldn't work for whinging poms
__________________
NISFAN is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:48 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST