F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Anyone seen a EBII touring M Sport?.
MINHS Auto Care Center
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-12-2012, 05:23 AM   #1
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
United Kingdom
85
Rep
5,339
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Question Anyone seen a EBII touring M Sport?.

Mine is still on the "Missing list" , has anyone seen one yet?, I have seen saloons in it but no UK routings.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 05:50 AM   #2
zorroone
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
12
Rep
525
Posts

 
Drives: F31 MSport 330dxdrive
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Belfast

iTrader: (0)

No not over here yet. I'll look forward to your pics.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 05:58 AM   #3
HighlandPete
Brigadier General
56
Rep
4,684
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Scotland, Highland Region

iTrader: (0)

Seeing the topic, thought we were going to be looking for your touring.

Only seen one touring (not an M sport) just last Friday, so they are creeping into the rural Highlands. My first thought was, it looks nearly as big as the 5-series, particularly from the rear.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 06:07 AM   #4
ScotX3
Private First Class
3
Rep
111
Posts

 
Drives: 3 series
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

I saw one in Aberdeen last week. Looked good!
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 06:08 AM   #5
RobUK
Major
RobUK's Avatar
United Kingdom
20
Rep
1,100
Posts

 
Drives: F30 328i Lux' 8SAT, Red
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sussex, UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Mmm, only seen one F31 in the flesh, an AW Sport Line in a car park. Have to say the back-end of the F31 looks good for an estate.

I'm starting to think EBII F31 330d's must be rare as hen's teeth!
__________________

2012 F30 328i Lux', 8SAT, Melbourne Red
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 06:24 AM   #6
RobUK
Major
RobUK's Avatar
United Kingdom
20
Rep
1,100
Posts

 
Drives: F30 328i Lux' 8SAT, Red
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sussex, UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
It's ok, found it...

__________________

2012 F30 328i Lux', 8SAT, Melbourne Red
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 06:36 AM   #7
HighlandPete
Brigadier General
56
Rep
4,684
Posts

 
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Scotland, Highland Region

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobUK View Post
It's ok, found it...

That's the touring no one can find out who ordered it. Delivery guy is getting desperate on where to drop it off. Hear it may go back to Germany, as no one is claiming ownership.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 07:12 AM   #8
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
United Kingdom
85
Rep
5,339
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobUK View Post
It's ok, found it...

LOL does not look much does it.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 07:44 AM   #9
RobUK
Major
RobUK's Avatar
United Kingdom
20
Rep
1,100
Posts

 
Drives: F30 328i Lux' 8SAT, Red
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sussex, UK

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Could this be it...?
__________________

2012 F30 328i Lux', 8SAT, Melbourne Red
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 08:20 AM   #10
dopper99
Brigadier General
dopper99's Avatar
England
61
Rep
4,241
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335d M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobUK View Post
Cool
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 08:42 AM   #11
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
United Kingdom
85
Rep
5,339
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Just had an update from the dealers, their words "Hi John your car is at southampton waiting for transporting to here"
I said great when can I get it, they said " the 19th is predicted" I said no way mate I want it picked up for my collection Saturday, they are going to try .
BMW are getting worse in their delivery times the car was built 3 weeks ago, it does not take 3 weeks to get here from germany unless they pushed it all the way.
Well we wait with "baited breath".
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 08:47 AM   #12
oop north
Private First Class
2
Rep
104
Posts

 
Drives: Not a BMW at the mo
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Lancashire

iTrader: (0)

There's one at Bowker BMW in Preston (a 328i) http://www.bowkerbmw.com/approved-us...s-touring.html

I had a quick look this morning (I was driving a 320ED for tyre noise, and sitting in a sport seat to see if I am too fat!) and thought (a) the front end looks rather spangly for an M Sport and (b) I'd prefer the colour a bit darker blue (c) it had Pirelli tyres on
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 09:06 AM   #13
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
United Kingdom
85
Rep
5,339
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by oop north View Post
There's one at Bowker BMW in Preston (a 328i) http://www.bowkerbmw.com/approved-us...s-touring.html

I had a quick look this morning (I was driving a 320ED for tyre noise, and sitting in a sport seat to see if I am too fat!) and thought (a) the front end looks rather spangly for an M Sport and (b) I'd prefer the colour a bit darker blue (c) it had Pirelli tyres on
Thanks It does look nice.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 09:24 AM   #14
Estoril1984
Private First Class
Estoril1984's Avatar
England
3
Rep
156
Posts

 
Drives: F31 320d MSport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Cambridge

iTrader: (0)

Unbelievable, just been told my car has arrived and it will be ready on Wednesday. So look out for one in St Neots, Cambridge and Bedford area with a Cheshire cat at the helm!!
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 04:18 PM   #15
as7920
Lieutenant Colonel
as7920's Avatar
United Kingdom
35
Rep
1,772
Posts

 
Drives: AW M135i 5dr auto
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

My sister-in-law's hubby picked his EBII touring up on Friday and I saw it on Sunday. Lovely looking car.

Saw the same car whilst at my dealers last week too. Very nice. then again I'm biased as I loved my Le Mans Blue E91 M sport too.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 09:23 AM   #16
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
United Kingdom
85
Rep
5,339
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Lightbulb

It's at the dealership tonight @ 6 MP delivery.
Pick-up Saturday, about time.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 09:27 AM   #17
MaestroAl
Major
United Kingdom
13
Rep
1,196
Posts

 
Drives: Superman 330D M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

I've still not seen an F31 on the road
__________________
"Sleeper 335D xDrive M Sport" Glacier Silver / Black
ZMS | ZNP | ZVI | 2VF | 2VL | 3AG | 494 | 6NS | 8TH
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 10:10 AM   #18
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
United Kingdom
85
Rep
5,339
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestroAl View Post
I've still not seen an F31 on the road
Yours must be coming soon, I will try and get some snaps of mine but it looks like rain Saturday
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 05:55 PM   #19
Daveyc
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
11
Rep
280
Posts

 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bristol

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
Just had an update from the dealers, their words "Hi John your car is at southampton waiting for transporting to here"
I said great when can I get it, they said " the 19th is predicted" I said no way mate I want it picked up for my collection Saturday, they are going to try .
BMW are getting worse in their delivery times the car was built 3 weeks ago, it does not take 3 weeks to get here from germany unless they pushed it all the way.
Well we wait with "baited breath".
Hi John,

I saw a lovely E31 in EBII at my dealer a few weeks back. It had just been PDId ready for a customer. The sales guy took me to see it, as I wanted to see what 19" 403s looked like. I'd not thought of EBII at that stage, but I decided it was the colour I wanted on the spot ... and that I had to have the 19s.

It's a truly gorgeous car in EBII. Somehow, that colour sets off the 'architecture' of the car more than almost any other colour. I think the E31 in that colour is a touch more beautiful than the E30 I've ordered, but I don't need an estate and I'm hoping I'll get a bit of payback in sightly better handling - the car I tested had no adaptive and it was a touch loose in the bends for my taste.

Anyway, the F31 looks utterly spectacular in EBII. You'll be a very happy man on Saturday!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 06:13 PM   #20
dopper99
Brigadier General
dopper99's Avatar
England
61
Rep
4,241
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335d M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (1)

I take it you mean F31. An E31 is an 8 series.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 06:54 PM   #21
Daveyc
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
11
Rep
280
Posts

 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bristol

iTrader: (0)

Whoops - typo. 7 series not pretty like F30/F31 ...
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2012, 04:05 AM   #22
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
United Kingdom
85
Rep
5,339
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daveyc View Post
Hi John,

I saw a lovely E31 in EBII at my dealer a few weeks back. It had just been PDId ready for a customer. The sales guy took me to see it, as I wanted to see what 19" 403s looked like. I'd not thought of EBII at that stage, but I decided it was the colour I wanted on the spot ... and that I had to have the 19s.

It's a truly gorgeous car in EBII. Somehow, that colour sets off the 'architecture' of the car more than almost any other colour. I think the E31 in that colour is a touch more beautiful than the E30 I've ordered, but I don't need an estate and I'm hoping I'll get a bit of payback in sightly better handling - the car I tested had no adaptive and it was a touch loose in the bends for my taste.

Anyway, the F31 looks utterly spectacular in EBII. You'll be a very happy man on Saturday!
I have test driven the "Adaptive" and it makes a big improvement.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:33 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST