F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > CANADA > Reputable Tint Wrap shop in Toronto
RW Carbon
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-01-2012, 09:35 AM   #1
Frontosa
Private
 
Drives: Civic
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ontario

Posts: 57
iTrader: (0)

Reputable Tint Wrap shop in Toronto

Any recommendations on shop, type of materials, and tint % for an AW 328?

BMW is quoting 499

tx
Frontosa is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-01-2012, 09:39 AM   #2
Maz335i
BMW 4 Life...
 
Maz335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i M Sport (Special Ed)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Mississauga, Ontario

Posts: 2,961
iTrader: (0)

Are you dealing with BMW of Mississauga?
__________________
MODS: *** / M Sport + Performance / Meisterschaft / Challenge / MORR / more to come! ***
Maz335i is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-01-2012, 10:21 AM   #3
bryansbestwax
Banned
 
Drives: suv
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: oshawa

Posts: 21
iTrader: (0)

Auto links, I have seen a lot of good work from that shop.
bryansbestwax is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-01-2012, 12:30 PM   #4
gamechanger
Private First Class
 
Drives: x
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 102
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post
Any recommendations on shop, type of materials, and tint % for an AW 328?

BMW is quoting 499

tx
I just got my car tinted at audio heaven. He did both my 2010 golf (a few years ago) and the 328
The link is http://www.audioheaven.ca/

I paid 338 taxed in WITH life time warranty against any film defects or workmanship.

I got 18% Tint all round

The tint that i got is suntek cxp. Best of the best.

Link for the tint is

http://www.suntekfilms.com/automotiv...otive-cxp.aspx

Info
CarbonXP, a next generation window film, gives dealers the opportunity to offer their customers enhanced performance for high-end applications. Other features and benefits include:

The latest in non-metal, nano-hybrid, Carbon technology
Non-reflective, “black” finish that will not fade
Superior heat, infrared, and UV rejection for increased comfort
Signal enabling technology that causes no interference with cell
phone, radio, or navigation system signals
Lifetime Manufacturer’s warranty, that includes fading
gamechanger is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-01-2012, 01:33 PM   #5
bananachipz
Captain
 
Drives: F30 Mineral Gray 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada

Posts: 819
iTrader: (0)

18%??? Jeezus... Keep away from da PoPo !

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamechanger View Post
I just got my car tinted at audio heaven. He did both my 2010 golf (a few years ago) and the 328
The link is http://www.audioheaven.ca/

I paid 338 taxed in WITH life time warranty against any film defects or workmanship.

I got 18% Tint all round

The tint that i got is suntek cxp. Best of the best.

Link for the tint is

http://www.suntekfilms.com/automotiv...otive-cxp.aspx

Info
CarbonXP, a next generation window film, gives dealers the opportunity to offer their customers enhanced performance for high-end applications. Other features and benefits include:

The latest in non-metal, nano-hybrid, Carbon technology
Non-reflective, “black” finish that will not fade
Superior heat, infrared, and UV rejection for increased comfort
Signal enabling technology that causes no interference with cell
phone, radio, or navigation system signals
Lifetime Manufacturer’s warranty, that includes fading
bananachipz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-02-2012, 12:30 AM   #6
Aritaurus
Captain
 
Aritaurus's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 328i Luxury Line
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Toronto

Posts: 806
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Go to Thornhill Tints. That's where Autohaus, Maranello, Town & Country and Serpa sends their cars. When I went, I saw two pre-delivery F30s being tinted at the same time. The guy only charges $250 cash.
Aritaurus is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-02-2012, 01:41 AM   #7
Frontosa
Private
 
Drives: Civic
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ontario

Posts: 57
iTrader: (0)

Thanks everyone.

1) maz3335 - I called BMW Missisauga twice and could not reach Lee.

2) Thanks gamechanger, will check it out

3) Thanks Aritaurus, will check it out.

I am debating if i should just go with 35 all round, 30 all around or 35/30 front with 25/20 rear for an AW 328.
Frontosa is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      10-02-2012, 07:09 AM   #8
gamechanger
Private First Class
 
Drives: x
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 102
iTrader: (1)

I would suggest that you do all around with a % of your choice vs front & back being different.

Is a personal taste but when I see a car with lighter tint at the front and a darker tinit at the rear it looks off and goofy.

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontosa View Post
Thanks everyone.

1) maz3335 - I called BMW Missisauga twice and could not reach Lee.

2) Thanks gamechanger, will check it out

3) Thanks Aritaurus, will check it out.

I am debating if i should just go with 35 all round, 30 all around or 35/30 front with 25/20 rear for an AW 328.
gamechanger is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-02-2012, 04:41 PM   #9
Frontosa
Private
 
Drives: Civic
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Ontario

Posts: 57
iTrader: (0)

I can see that. At this point, I may go with 35% or 30% all around (not including front windshield). What color is your car? Do you have any pics?



Does anyone know what tint shop does BMW Toronto use?
Frontosa is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2012, 06:06 PM   #10
CurlyFatAngry
Lieutenant
 
CurlyFatAngry's Avatar
 
Drives: his BMW as much as he can !
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Toronto

Posts: 500
iTrader: (0)

Hope it's not too late but I'd highly recommend Auto Links with the Pinnacle tint. They did a great job and got good recommendation on the tint % as well.
__________________
'12 BSM w/ Coral red dakota 328i Sport Line, Premium, 40% tint
'11 Deep Sea Blue E92 335i XDrive, M3 spolier, black grille
'08 Jet Black E92 328xi, Premium, Sport, iPod, Black Grille, GP Thunder, Painted Reflectors
CurlyFatAngry is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:29 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST