F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > F30 335 Stage1 Progress - Update
rolloface
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      10-12-2012, 03:40 PM   #67
NateDog07V
Private First Class
 
Drives: '13 335i M-Sport BSM/CoralRed
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Arlington, VA

Posts: 120
iTrader: (0)

Anyone had their tuned 3 in for service yet ??
NateDog07V is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-15-2012, 10:53 AM   #68
cavm335i
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2012 335i F30
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: United States

Posts: 130
iTrader: (1)

I have, I just physically removed it - did not have to clear any codes. no problems.
cavm335i is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-18-2012, 03:08 PM   #69
m3 guy
Major
 
m3 guy's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 X5M
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Hawaii

Posts: 1,293
iTrader: (3)

Man this is tempting. So all we need to do is remove the unit and use the can tool to clear the codes before taking it to the dealer? The car is a lease so I really don't want to mess up the engine warranty...
__________________

2013 F30 335 Estoril Blue-Black SOLD
2012 E70 X5M Monte Carlo Blue-Silverstone Journal
m3 guy is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-19-2012, 05:14 PM   #70
RSXDC5
Private First Class
 
RSXDC5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 328i M-Sport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 173
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3 guy View Post
Man this is tempting. So all we need to do is remove the unit and use the can tool to clear the codes before taking it to the dealer? The car is a lease so I really don't want to mess up the engine warranty...
You can always buy the bms CAN tool which will clear the codes.
__________________
2013 AW 328i M-Sport 8spd w/ BMS JB4

Ordering next spring!... 2015/2016 M3 AW/6 MT/Adaptive Dampers/Harmon Kardon/CCB's?
RSXDC5 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-22-2012, 12:50 PM   #71
NateDog07V
Private First Class
 
Drives: '13 335i M-Sport BSM/CoralRed
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Arlington, VA

Posts: 120
iTrader: (0)

anyone run an e92 M3 yet with the BMS tune ? numbers align pretty close (M3 being ~340/250 stock, and adding 50/60 to the F30 335i would bring it to ~330/340). They weigh very similar so i'm figuring all the extra torque should get the win in most any circumstance
NateDog07V is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-22-2012, 01:56 PM   #72
zibawal
Major
 
Drives: 2012 X5D
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SFO BAY AREA

Posts: 1,057
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateDog07V View Post
anyone run an e92 M3 yet with the BMS tune ? numbers align pretty close (M3 being ~340/250 stock, and adding 50/60 to the F30 335i would bring it to ~330/340). They weigh very similar so i'm figuring all the extra torque should get the win in most any circumstance
Is there a. BMS tune for M3 E9x?
zibawal is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-22-2012, 02:22 PM   #73
NateDog07V
Private First Class
 
Drives: '13 335i M-Sport BSM/CoralRed
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Arlington, VA

Posts: 120
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibawal View Post
Is there a. BMS tune for M3 E9x?
I don't think so... the M3 doesn't have turbos so not as easily 'tunable'. That said, once you start modding that car (supercharger, etc.) they get pretty insane. I'm just curious if anyone has given a stock one a run yet and what to expect. My brother has one, so if i ever get the BMS tune, i'll be sure to report back accordingly
NateDog07V is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-10-2012, 09:54 PM   #74
brentmeister7592
Private
 
brentmeister7592's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335i M-sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: south florida

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

So I installed the stage 1 tune today, and the car runs great! I also got the can tool in order to auto clear the tuner codes, but it doesnt work like the directions say it does... I get no feedback from the cluster, and I don't know whats going on :/ Any help??
brentmeister7592 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2012, 12:48 AM   #75
bananachipz
Captain
 
Drives: F30 Mineral Gray 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada

Posts: 819
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentmeister7592 View Post
So I installed the stage 1 tune today, and the car runs great! I also got the can tool in order to auto clear the tuner codes, but it doesnt work like the directions say it does... I get no feedback from the cluster, and I don't know whats going on :/ Any help??
It won't show anything on the f30. It still clears the codes (autobclear is set by default) according to Terry @ BMS. I've mentioned to them that they should be more clear. Documentation is non existent for the F30 except for a useless 6 second video they filmed.

Terry is good at answering emails, I'll give him that.
bananachipz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2012, 01:08 AM   #76
brentmeister7592
Private
 
brentmeister7592's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335i M-sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: south florida

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananachipz View Post
It won't show anything on the f30. It still clears the codes (autobclear is set by default) according to Terry @ BMS. I've mentioned to them that they should be more clear. Documentation is non existent for the F30 except for a useless 6 second video they filmed.

Terry is good at answering emails, I'll give him that.
I actually just got an email back from him and he said the same thing. I was messing with it and pressing and holding the button a bunch trying to figure it out. I hope that didn't mess anything up! haha. However, i'm sure once its unplugged, it resets itself. He said to just keep it plugged in and it is set for auto clear, so that should do the trick.
brentmeister7592 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2012, 08:23 AM   #77
mikew2069
Major
 
mikew2069's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i MSport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston

Posts: 1,314
iTrader: (1)

I could have sworn that I read on their site or one of the BMS employees on here that they weren't 100% certain that the codes actually clear on the F30.
mikew2069 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2012, 11:56 AM   #78
brentmeister7592
Private
 
brentmeister7592's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335i M-sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: south florida

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew2069 View Post
I could have sworn that I read on their site or one of the BMS employees on here that they weren't 100% certain that the codes actually clear on the F30.
We will find out when the downpipe goes on next week. Apparently it is good for the dpfix by default as well..
brentmeister7592 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2012, 07:24 PM   #79
mikew2069
Major
 
mikew2069's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i MSport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston

Posts: 1,314
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentmeister7592 View Post
We will find out when the downpipe goes on next week. Apparently it is good for the dpfix by default as well..
You mean by default, you won't throw a CEL?
mikew2069 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-11-2012, 10:21 PM   #80
brentmeister7592
Private
 
brentmeister7592's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335i M-sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: south florida

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew2069 View Post
You mean by default, you won't throw a CEL?
Exactly. That is what terry told me. We will find out!
brentmeister7592 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2012, 08:55 AM   #81
bananachipz
Captain
 
Drives: F30 Mineral Gray 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada

Posts: 819
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentmeister7592 View Post
Exactly. That is what terry told me. We will find out!
Keep us posted.

While I like BMS, they really need to hire someone to write clear documentation. It's all over the place, and finding out after purchase that there is no indicator on the CAN tool is just bad business. It would have taken them 2 seconds to put a notice on the website.
bananachipz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-12-2012, 10:57 PM   #82
brentmeister7592
Private
 
brentmeister7592's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335i M-sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: south florida

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananachipz View Post
Keep us posted.

While I like BMS, they really need to hire someone to write clear documentation. It's all over the place, and finding out after purchase that there is no indicator on the CAN tool is just bad business. It would have taken them 2 seconds to put a notice on the website.
Well the downpipe is on earlier than expected, and it runs AMAZING. The tune made a big difference, but this set it over the top!

I actually do photography and online media and marketing at a VW, Audi, Porsche performance shop, and we are merging into the BMW world now that we have a few resources to start development. I can't give to much information since we are not an advertiser on the forum and I will get flagged for it. However, we will become an advertiser very soon after all of the preliminary real world testing is done as well as dyno testing.


Oh, and the can tool works just like terry said... No lights
brentmeister7592 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-13-2012, 07:51 AM   #83
mikew2069
Major
 
mikew2069's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i MSport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston

Posts: 1,314
iTrader: (1)

Good stuff! So which DP did you get? Catless I assume.... What exhaust are you running?
mikew2069 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-13-2012, 09:33 AM   #84
brentmeister7592
Private
 
brentmeister7592's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335i M-sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: south florida

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew2069 View Post
Good stuff! So which DP did you get? Catless I assume.... What exhaust are you running?
We currently manufacture DP's and exhaust systems for many VW's and Audi, and this one is the first BMW exhaust component which is pretty exciting!

Yes. Catless 4" downpipe to stock catback. More info coming very soon
brentmeister7592 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-13-2012, 10:26 AM   #85
mikew2069
Major
 
mikew2069's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i MSport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston

Posts: 1,314
iTrader: (1)

Very cool - did just the DP change the volume/note with the stock exhaust?
mikew2069 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-13-2012, 06:10 PM   #86
PeterM
Private First Class
 
Drives: bmw 335i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United States

Posts: 174
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentmeister7592 View Post
We currently manufacture DP's and exhaust systems for many VW's and Audi, and this one is the first BMW exhaust component which is pretty exciting!

Yes. Catless 4" downpipe to stock catback. More info coming very soon
Sweet did USP make it? When is it going to show up on there site... Im coming from the VW/Audi world i know they do some nice stuff.
__________________
2013 EB2 335i 6MT
PeterM is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-14-2012, 12:44 AM   #87
brentmeister7592
Private
 
brentmeister7592's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335i M-sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: south florida

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM View Post
Sweet did USP make it? When is it going to show up on there site... Im coming from the VW/Audi world i know they do some nice stuff.
That's exactly who were are I will be releasing more info as soon as testing is complete with this system and we get the N20 going as well. Shouldn't be much more than a month or 2!
brentmeister7592 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-14-2012, 12:45 AM   #88
brentmeister7592
Private
 
brentmeister7592's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335i M-sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: south florida

Posts: 67
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew2069 View Post
Very cool - did just the DP change the volume/note with the stock exhaust?
Yes, it gives is a PERFECT not in my honest opinion. Just slightly louder and more aggressive, and since there is no more cat the turbo spool is very apparent
brentmeister7592 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:24 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST