F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Good News! Power Kit Includes Exhaust + Grills!(I think)
Extreme Power House
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-14-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
Wajhik
Private
3
Rep
84
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i EB
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Springfield Illinois

iTrader: (0)

Good News! Power Kit Includes Exhaust + Grills!(I think)

Hey guys, greetings from Isringhausen BMW in Springfield IL. I know there has been a long discussion going on about the power kit details, but I recieved some good news today.

When I built my car I added the Power kit, but the computer was not letting me add on the exhaust or black kidney grills. I emailed my parts rep and he confirmed with HQ that the power package (Z3B) INCLUDES M-exhaust and Black kidney grills at the MSRP of 1370....

So this is great news if you ask me and an absolutel no brainer to add one. Now as far as adding this package after the fact, I am not sure but the package code is Z3B, I will check with my parts department to see if they have a part #. Also the package is %10 off until Dec 31st. I'll keep you guys updated, seems too good to be true, but I comforted with the fact that the computer would not let me add the exhaust or grills after I added the power kit....so maybe there is a santa clause!
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 11:57 AM   #2
DigitalMPower
Private First Class
DigitalMPower's Avatar
2
Rep
155
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 F30 335i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 12:00 PM   #3
bmrm396
Major
United_States
15
Rep
1,334
Posts

 
Drives: '14 F30 335i MSport
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: sD, CA

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wajhik View Post
Hey guys, greetings from Isringhausen BMW in Springfield IL. I know there has been a long discussion going on about the power kit details, but I recieved some good news today.

When I built my car I added the Power kit, but the computer was not letting me add on the exhaust or black kidney grills. I emailed my parts rep and he confirmed with HQ that the power package (Z3B) INCLUDES M-exhaust and Black kidney grills at the MSRP of 1370....

So this is great news if you ask me and an absolutel no brainer to add one. Now as far as adding this package after the fact, I am not sure but the package code is Z3B, I will check with my parts department to see if they have a part #. Also the package is %10 off until Dec 31st. I'll keep you guys updated, seems too good to be true, but I comforted with the fact that the computer would not let me add the exhaust or grills after I added the power kit....so maybe there is a santa clause!
Dude, whoa ... ok can u post more information on this here. I need somethin to take to my SA when i order in the coming weeks. If this is indeed tru, holy crap what a deal!

we better hurry up and jump on it before BMW realizes they screwed up haha
__________________
Formerly addicted to e46fanatics
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 12:07 PM   #4
Wajhik
Private
3
Rep
84
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i EB
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Springfield Illinois

iTrader: (0)

Well, as far as details goes, I would add the accesory package Z3B which is the Performance Power Kit. And technically that should include Power Kit, Exhaust, and Black Kidney grills.

The words from parts HQ were...."it is a special package we are offereing at a %10 discount).

I wont believe it until I see it, but it seems to be true right now.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 12:23 PM   #5
NICKTENN
Private First Class
NICKTENN's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
161
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 F150 FX4 Crew Cab 5.0
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Memphis TN

iTrader: (0)

I can't imagine this will carry over for us interested in adding a power kit to our existing cars. Which for me is fine, I don't want black kidney grills or the exhaust (I love my black tips). Although if it does, I could sell them and get my money back for the most of the cost of the kit.
__________________
2012 335i Sport Line, Mineral Gray, Everest Gray, Aluminum/Black dash, Premium, Parking, Premium Sound, Technology, Sport Trans, Heated seat/steering. BMS Stage 1 tune.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 12:55 PM   #6
justinnum1
Brigadier General
63
Rep
4,007
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i Msport
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

not buying it...sorry.
__________________
F30 335i Msport Estoril Blue/Black leather sport auto. black grills, Performance Exhaust, HK,
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 01:03 PM   #7
DigitalMPower
Private First Class
DigitalMPower's Avatar
2
Rep
155
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 F30 335i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

I just had my dealer add the Power package, Z3B to my order and he stated that he confirmed as well with parts and BMWNA as he is unable to add the

Performance exhaust Z10
Black kidney grilles Z06

Bc they are already included in the Z3B package for MSRP $1370

Maybe it's my lucky day
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 01:32 PM   #8
justinnum1
Brigadier General
63
Rep
4,007
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i Msport
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

the exhasut by itself is 1,335 port installed. sounds like a computer ordering glitch which has happened to me a few times before
__________________
F30 335i Msport Estoril Blue/Black leather sport auto. black grills, Performance Exhaust, HK,
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 01:39 PM   #9
DigitalMPower
Private First Class
DigitalMPower's Avatar
2
Rep
155
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 F30 335i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

^^^ I agree I think it has to be a glitch bc it has been newly added to the system. The exhaust alone is more than this and you are getting the Power Kit and kidney grilles...
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 01:44 PM   #10
justinnum1
Brigadier General
63
Rep
4,007
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i Msport
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

But hey, if its a glitch, then its on BMW
__________________
F30 335i Msport Estoril Blue/Black leather sport auto. black grills, Performance Exhaust, HK,
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 01:50 PM   #11
Wajhik
Private
3
Rep
84
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i EB
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Springfield Illinois

iTrader: (0)

Might be a glitch but the word from parts was "a special package offered at a discount"
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 01:52 PM   #12
DigitalMPower
Private First Class
DigitalMPower's Avatar
2
Rep
155
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 F30 335i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

The thing I didn't confirm was is it really part of the package or is the glitch just preventing you from also adding the exhaust and grilles...
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 02:28 PM   #13
jsedlak
Lieutenant
jsedlak's Avatar
5
Rep
410
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i 6spd
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Morristown, NJ

iTrader: (0)

Way too good to be true.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 02:34 PM   #14
mikew2069
Major
mikew2069's Avatar
22
Rep
1,314
Posts

 
Drives: F30 335i MSport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Houston

iTrader: (1)

Do you have details on what the "power kit" part of this package includes?
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 02:37 PM   #15
SamS
Brigadier General
SamS's Avatar
61
Rep
4,579
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikew2069 View Post
Do you have details on what the "power kit" part of this package includes?
http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=750360
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 02:48 PM   #16
tdizzle
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
18
Rep
1,796
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 335i Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Memphis

iTrader: (0)

Sure why not add that too, it's not like there are is any hardware they're adding to get the increased power. Just a tweak to the computer. (that's me being cynical about BMW charging $1k+ for something they could've just sold the car with originally)
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #17
justinnum1
Brigadier General
63
Rep
4,007
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i Msport
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: South Florida

iTrader: (0)

that would suck if they give you 30 more horses for getting exhuast and grills...i got those 2 weeks ago:facepalm:
__________________
F30 335i Msport Estoril Blue/Black leather sport auto. black grills, Performance Exhaust, HK,
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 02:54 PM   #18
SamS
Brigadier General
SamS's Avatar
61
Rep
4,579
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdizzle View Post
Sure why not add that too, it's not like there are is any hardware they're adding to get the increased power. Just a tweak to the computer. (that's me being cynical about BMW charging $1k+ for something they could've just sold the car with originally)
They are giving you new hardware:
  • M Performance intake silencer,
  • M Performance engine cover,
  • M Performance plaque for the engine compartment,
  • M Performance stickers for the side sills,
  • new engine control device (vehicles built before November 2012)

Granted, only the new ECU is something that costs a significant amount of money, but all those little things (plus installation time/cost) do add up. They're not just a "free tune".
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 03:19 PM   #19
tdizzle
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
18
Rep
1,796
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 335i Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Memphis

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
They are giving you new hardware:
  • M Performance intake silencer,
  • M Performance engine cover,
  • M Performance plaque for the engine compartment,
  • M Performance stickers for the side sills,
  • new engine control device (vehicles built before November 2012)

Granted, only the new ECU is something that costs a significant amount of money, but all those little things (plus installation time/cost) do add up. They're not just a "free tune".
Ahh, you're right, I forgot about the cosmetic stuff with "M" on it. Dually noted. But in all honesty, that's mostly just plastic pieces that cost a few bucks right? And is installation included in the price? For some reason, I thought it wasn't...
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 03:22 PM   #20
DigitalMPower
Private First Class
DigitalMPower's Avatar
2
Rep
155
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 F30 335i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

^^^ I was told today that installation is free for pieces installed at the VPC
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 03:22 PM   #21
SamS
Brigadier General
SamS's Avatar
61
Rep
4,579
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdizzle View Post
Ahh, you're right, I forgot about the cosmetic stuff with "M" on it. Dually noted. But in all honesty, that's mostly just plastic pieces that cost a few bucks right? And is installation included in the price? For some reason, I thought it wasn't...
I'm not sure about the installation cost, but I think it's included.

Yeah, the stickers are pennies, but a new ECU is $$$.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2012, 03:56 PM   #22
Wajhik
Private
3
Rep
84
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335i EB
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Springfield Illinois

iTrader: (0)

That is an installed price.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST