F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Any advice on selling my audi before F30 arrives
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-13-2012, 12:57 PM   #1
UK_
First Lieutenant
 
UK_'s Avatar
 
Drives: M4 Convertible on order
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 344
iTrader: (0)

Any advice on selling my audi before F30 arrives

My F30 has left the port so should be here soon. Whilst I am very excited, I am seemingly having great difficulty in shifting my current Audi and would appreciate fellow forum members' advice. I have little experience in selling cars privately apart from my Z4m which sold easily.

Thus far I have tried ebay twice (got to 8k), autotrader and pistonheads for 5 weeks (no interest) and contacted BCA auctions who reckon it is worth 7.5k in an auction. Dealer offered my 7.75k part ex but ordered new car anyway so guess he doesn't care.

The private sale price is somewhere between 9-10k and she is still under warranty from Audi (advert link below).
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classifi...ge/1?logcode=p

I am not trying to advertise her via the forum but would appreciate any personal experiences of trying to shift prestige metal or pointers incase my advert maybe putting people off. Thanks for your help.
UK_ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-13-2012, 01:35 PM   #2
F30AM
Brigadier General
 
F30AM's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London, UK

Posts: 3,969
iTrader: (0)

It's the run up to Christmas, the economy is still tits up, the A4 is now considered a rep mobile and has lost its cache unfortunately, it's hell to sell big cars etc. Cut your losses and get rid of it ASAP. 8k to 8.5k is all you'll get. Every day lost, more depreciation. Pity, it looks really nice and I feel for you.

I've not sold a car for years, I just hand mine over to younger members of my family in exchange for lots and lots of favours. However, this time, my GTI won't be given away, has got 20 people fighting over it and I'll get what I want for it. I wonder if the F30 will be as saleable in 2-3 years. Doubt it.
__________________
Present: Superman 330d sDrive M Sport + Toys (Auto Car: 0-60 in 5.5s, 0-100 in 14.2s, 30-70 in 5.1s)
Ordered: Red Tornado Golf 7R 5 Dr, DSG + Toys (Top Gear: 0-60 in 4.5s, 0-100 in 11.5s, 30-70 in 4.0s)
F30AM is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-13-2012, 01:46 PM   #3
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
 
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

Posts: 5,193
iTrader: (0)

Agreed with the facts and price 8K/8.5K Max and it could go with luck.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
JOHNBMWM5 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-13-2012, 01:59 PM   #4
UK_
First Lieutenant
 
UK_'s Avatar
 
Drives: M4 Convertible on order
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 344
iTrader: (0)

Yep very sad to see her go for that low. Might as well part ex and get 7750 and save the hassle. I'd take 9k, will hold out for a few more
days.

As you say, what will happen to big engined 328s and 335ds in a few years? Bargains galore for some, heartbreak for us chasing the romance of the new car experience.
UK_ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #5
F30AM
Brigadier General
 
F30AM's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London, UK

Posts: 3,969
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rb79 View Post
Yep very sad to see her go for that low. Might as well part ex and get 7750 and save the hassle. I'd take 9k, will hold out for a few more
days.

As you say, what will happen to big engined 328s and 335ds in a few years? Bargains galore for some, heartbreak for us chasing the romance of the new car experience.
Let's cross that Rubicon when we get to it. I have a good feeling the F30 will do well, even the big engine 330d with its superbly low CO2 levels and brilliant fuel economy. I think the F30 Diesels have killed the market for Audi and Merc and rightly so. Even the 5 Series has suffered quite badly. BMW have got this car so right that even a hatchback lover like me has switched.

I also own a Merc C Class 350CDI Sport Saloon. The F30 is so far ahead in every respect that I think it will be pretty tough for Merc to catch up. As far is the A4 is concerned, it does not even have a look-in. Sorry.

Take comfort, you are getting a truly brilliant car soon and will be getting rid of an also-ran: ASAP I hope.
__________________
Present: Superman 330d sDrive M Sport + Toys (Auto Car: 0-60 in 5.5s, 0-100 in 14.2s, 30-70 in 5.1s)
Ordered: Red Tornado Golf 7R 5 Dr, DSG + Toys (Top Gear: 0-60 in 4.5s, 0-100 in 11.5s, 30-70 in 4.0s)
F30AM is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-13-2012, 02:39 PM   #6
UK_
First Lieutenant
 
UK_'s Avatar
 
Drives: M4 Convertible on order
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 344
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
Let's cross that Rubicon when we get to it. I have a good feeling the F30 will do well, even the big engine 330d with its superbly low CO2 levels and brilliant fuel economy. I think the F30 Diesels have killed the market for Audi and Merc and rightly so. Even the 5 Series has suffered quite badly. BMW have got this car so right that even a hatchback lover like me has switched.

I also own a Merc C Class 350CDI Sport Saloon. The F30 is so far ahead in every respect that I think it will be pretty tough for Merc to catch up. As far is the A4 is concerned, it does not even have a look-in. Sorry.

Take comfort, you are getting a truly brilliant car soon and will be getting rid of an also-ran: ASAP I hope.
I would never compare my A4 to the F30, years and light years apart. I think the E90 is a different matter though. I definitely think BMW engines are so efficient and clean that they will stay current for a long time with the others playing catch up. I guess it will be interesting to see how diesel residuals compare to petrol given the amazing bigger petrol engines. I am also hoping xdrive becomes desirable.

What ever happens F30AM, hope you get a better price for yours than you do for your wife's! I am sure the alloys will be in better condition at the very least
UK_ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-13-2012, 02:51 PM   #7
F30AM
Brigadier General
 
F30AM's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London, UK

Posts: 3,969
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rb79 View Post
I would never compare my A4 to the F30, years and light years apart. I think the E90 is a different matter though. I definitely think BMW engines are so efficient and clean that they will stay current for a long time with the others playing catch up. I guess it will be interesting to see how diesel residuals compare to petrol given the amazing bigger petrol engines. I am also hoping xdrive becomes desirable.

What ever happens F30AM, hope you get a better price for yours than you do for your wife's! I am sure the alloys will be in better condition at the very least
Never a truer word was said in jest!
She drives the Merc and the AMG alloys are truly superbly buggered. I cringe every time she parks. Kerbs them regularly. I've given up worrying about it. I don't even look at the wheels anymore as I want to puke. Otherwise, the rest of the car is perfect!!! I think the BMW will be treated in a similar manner. As for selling the Merc, it's worth beans IMO. And that's madam's little problem!!!!
__________________
Present: Superman 330d sDrive M Sport + Toys (Auto Car: 0-60 in 5.5s, 0-100 in 14.2s, 30-70 in 5.1s)
Ordered: Red Tornado Golf 7R 5 Dr, DSG + Toys (Top Gear: 0-60 in 4.5s, 0-100 in 11.5s, 30-70 in 4.0s)
F30AM is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2012, 08:53 AM   #8
UK_
First Lieutenant
 
UK_'s Avatar
 
Drives: M4 Convertible on order
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 344
iTrader: (0)

Audi FINALLY sold! How much effort do we exert for the sake of a few hundred quid? I was sceptical about these 'we-scam-you-to-buy-your-car' type sites but 'we-pay-more-for-diesels' must be the Ronseal equivalent.

Just a quick question for fellow forum members, have you approached supplying dealers to give you a loan car before the new car arrives? I have never been in this position before. John, it seems you have been driving a touring on loan? Are they amenable to such requests?
UK_ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2012, 09:03 AM   #9
MaestroAl
Major
 
Drives: Superman 330D M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 1,194
iTrader: (0)

I'm carless. I feel poor Soooo close to cancelling my sodding order and just going to drive away in a pre-reg from Sytner
__________________
"Superman 330D M Sport" Estoril Blue / Coral Red
2PF|ZAP|ZMP|ZVI|2VF|3AP|420|488|494|5DC|688|6NR
IT ARRIVED!
MaestroAl is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2012, 09:17 AM   #10
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
 
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

Posts: 5,193
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestroAl View Post
I'm carless. I feel poor Soooo close to cancelling my sodding order and just going to drive away in a pre-reg from Sytner
Dont do it, it will arrive.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
JOHNBMWM5 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2012, 09:32 AM   #11
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
 
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

Posts: 5,193
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rb79 View Post
Audi FINALLY sold! How much effort do we exert for the sake of a few hundred quid? I was sceptical about these 'we-scam-you-to-buy-your-car' type sites but 'we-pay-more-for-diesels' must be the Ronseal equivalent.

Just a quick question for fellow forum members, have you approached supplying dealers to give you a loan car before the new car arrives? I have never been in this position before. John, it seems you have been driving a touring on loan? Are they amenable to such requests?
Mine is, but i have spent a lot of money with them.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
JOHNBMWM5 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2012, 09:35 AM   #12
NISFAN
Brigadier General
 
NISFAN's Avatar
 
Drives: The best kind of F30 :)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bedford UK

Posts: 3,759
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rb79 View Post
Audi FINALLY sold! How much effort do we exert for the sake of a few hundred quid? I was sceptical about these 'we-scam-you-to-buy-your-car' type sites but 'we-pay-more-for-diesels' must be the Ronseal equivalent.

Just a quick question for fellow forum members, have you approached supplying dealers to give you a loan car before the new car arrives? I have never been in this position before. John, it seems you have been driving a touring on loan? Are they amenable to such requests?
Erm, just be careful about those companies. Apparently 95% of sellers DIDN'T get the offered price. They drop the value once they have it for every single mark not declared.

But great you got it sorted a weight off I'm sure.
__________________
NISFAN is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2012, 11:24 AM   #13
UK_
First Lieutenant
 
UK_'s Avatar
 
Drives: M4 Convertible on order
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 344
iTrader: (0)

Thanks NISFAN, any funny business and he will be walking home. Yes it is a relief but sad how little some cars are worth. Still Cooper Reading will lone me a car, I did suggest the M6 that has been in the showroom for two months, more likely to be an old 116 with no
air con or worse ie not a BMW - I'll have to shower every time I get out :-)
UK_ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2012, 11:46 AM   #14
NISFAN
Brigadier General
 
NISFAN's Avatar
 
Drives: The best kind of F30 :)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bedford UK

Posts: 3,759
iTrader: (0)

I thought of your plight after seeing an 06 A4 S Line is a used car lot near me with 6995 in the window. Some poor sucker would have traded it for 5k if that. No doubt wasn't the V6 version, but amazing how little used cars are worth these days.
__________________
NISFAN is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2012, 11:55 AM   #15
UK_
First Lieutenant
 
UK_'s Avatar
 
Drives: M4 Convertible on order
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 344
iTrader: (0)

Cheers NISFAN, nice of you to empathise with my plight. A4 tech is nearly 10 years old even if car isn't, probably on a par with end of line E46. To be honest she needs a major
service, tax and brakes so can't grumble too much. I ran my last A4 for 140,000 miles so someone will get a bargain. Perhaps these car buying sites are the future instead of part ex and will get all our F30s when the F40 is launched!
UK_ is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2012, 12:08 PM   #16
NISFAN
Brigadier General
 
NISFAN's Avatar
 
Drives: The best kind of F30 :)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bedford UK

Posts: 3,759
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rb79 View Post
Cheers NISFAN, nice of you to empathise with my plight. A4 tech is nearly 10 years old even if car isn't, probably on a par with end of line E46. To be honest she needs a major
service, tax and brakes so can't grumble too much. I ran my last A4 for 140,000 miles so someone will get a bargain. Perhaps these car buying sites are the future instead of part ex and will get all our F30s when the F40 is launched!
Funny you should say that, I had a new A4 S Line in 2005 (wanted the newly released e90, but company policy ruled against, booo!), and still to this day thought it was quite modern looking inside. Looking at your pictures made me realise how dated it now looks. The minimalist trend that BMW started with the E90 is now in full force.
__________________
NISFAN is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2012, 04:40 PM   #17
RichardM
Major
 
Drives: F31 330D M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Herts UK

Posts: 1,474
iTrader: (1)

Today I became carless too when the CLS went back. Didn't think of asking the dealer for a car and picked up a lovely Kia from Hertz this evening for a not so cheap rate.

Can't knock the Kia though, seems to have everything on it, full colour Sat Nav, ipod interface, reversing camera etc. Very smooth and quiet, just very little 'Go'!
RichardM is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      11-16-2012, 04:42 PM   #18
NISFAN
Brigadier General
 
NISFAN's Avatar
 
Drives: The best kind of F30 :)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bedford UK

Posts: 3,759
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
Today I became carless too when the CLS went back. Didn't think of asking the dealer for a car and picked up a lovely Kia from Hertz this evening for a not so cheap rate.
Nice wheels
__________________
NISFAN is offline   England
0
Reply With Quote
      11-17-2012, 03:24 AM   #19
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
 
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

Posts: 5,193
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
Today I became carless too when the CLS went back. Didn't think of asking the dealer for a car and picked up a lovely Kia from Hertz this evening for a not so cheap rate.

Can't knock the Kia though, seems to have everything on it, full colour Sat Nav, ipod interface, reversing camera etc. Very smooth and quiet, just very little 'Go'!
The wife loves hers.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
JOHNBMWM5 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-17-2012, 05:12 AM   #20
F30AM
Brigadier General
 
F30AM's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London, UK

Posts: 3,969
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
Today I became carless too when the CLS went back. Didn't think of asking the dealer for a car and picked up a lovely Kia from Hertz this evening for a not so cheap rate.

Can't knock the Kia though, seems to have everything on it, full colour Sat Nav, ipod interface, reversing camera etc. Very smooth and quiet, just very little 'Go'!
So annoying for you and MaestroAl.

Thank my lucky stars that I kept the GTI.
__________________
Present: Superman 330d sDrive M Sport + Toys (Auto Car: 0-60 in 5.5s, 0-100 in 14.2s, 30-70 in 5.1s)
Ordered: Red Tornado Golf 7R 5 Dr, DSG + Toys (Top Gear: 0-60 in 4.5s, 0-100 in 11.5s, 30-70 in 4.0s)
F30AM is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-17-2012, 05:22 AM   #21
MaestroAl
Major
 
Drives: Superman 330D M Sport
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 1,194
iTrader: (0)

It's doubly frustrating 'cause my MPS is sitting on my drive mocking me without Tax, Insurance or MoT It's nearly 500 to tax it and similar money to insure it and since I'm only gonna get >4k for it, I'll be buggered if I'm forking out a grand to keep driving it for its last month As soon as I get my new reg number back from the DVLA I can sell it
__________________
"Superman 330D M Sport" Estoril Blue / Coral Red
2PF|ZAP|ZMP|ZVI|2VF|3AP|420|488|494|5DC|688|6NR
IT ARRIVED!
MaestroAl is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-17-2012, 08:31 AM   #22
F30AM
Brigadier General
 
F30AM's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London, UK

Posts: 3,969
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestroAl View Post
It's doubly frustrating 'cause my MPS is sitting on my drive mocking me without Tax, Insurance or MoT It's nearly 500 to tax it and similar money to insure it and since I'm only gonna get >4k for it, I'll be buggered if I'm forking out a grand to keep driving it for its last month As soon as I get my new reg number back from the DVLA I can sell it
Maybe both our cars have eloped!!
__________________
Present: Superman 330d sDrive M Sport + Toys (Auto Car: 0-60 in 5.5s, 0-100 in 14.2s, 30-70 in 5.1s)
Ordered: Red Tornado Golf 7R 5 Dr, DSG + Toys (Top Gear: 0-60 in 4.5s, 0-100 in 11.5s, 30-70 in 4.0s)
F30AM is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST