F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Winter Wheels on my 330D MS Touring
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-19-2012, 06:31 AM   #1
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
 
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

Posts: 5,187
iTrader: (0)

Winter Wheels on my 330D MS Touring

Hi Guys as I said yesterday, Winter Wheels going on today.
I must say the Picture does NOT do these justice.
Sizes: 18*245*45 8.5" all round
Tyres 245/45/18 Dunlop Winer sports.
Wheels: Team Dynamics 1.3 Pro-Race.
Enjoy.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir

Last edited by JOHNBMWM5; 11-19-2012 at 09:40 AM.
JOHNBMWM5 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2012, 06:39 AM   #2
zorroone
Lieutenant
 
Drives: F31 MSport 330dxdrive
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Belfast

Posts: 522
iTrader: (0)

The wheels look good!!!!
zorroone is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2012, 06:51 AM   #3
Deyvy
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: F30 330D Finally. Love it!
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Manchester

Posts: 302
iTrader: (0)

Are those run flats?
__________________
330D M Sport Estoril Blue 19" + M Sport Brakes, Adaptive Suspension, HK Sound, HUD, Stop+Go, Vis Pack, New Pro Nav.
Deyvy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2012, 06:55 AM   #4
F30FAN
Private First Class
 
F30FAN's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport -
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 194
iTrader: (0)

Nice and Safe!

With the weather expected to be the worst in the last 100 years..you will need these!!

I on the other hand have a set of winter wheels on my run around..a manual front wheel drive Honda.

I wont be risking my new baby in the snow... rear wheel drive auto's in the snow...you might as well walk!!
__________________
F30 330d MSport
Alpine White|19"Star Spoke Alloys| Dakota Leather|Advanced Parking|Visibility|BMW Pro Media Pkge|MSport Braking System|MSport|Susp|HUD|S L D|Harmon/Kardon

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=781108
F30FAN is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2012, 07:01 AM   #5
Deyvy
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: F30 330D Finally. Love it!
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Manchester

Posts: 302
iTrader: (0)

Is that what their saying for this winter?

My eta is mid December so I was going to wait until end of the month or beginning of December before I decide to take the plunge on winter tyres.

I have no faith at all in any weather forecasts past 1 week.
__________________
330D M Sport Estoril Blue 19" + M Sport Brakes, Adaptive Suspension, HK Sound, HUD, Stop+Go, Vis Pack, New Pro Nav.
Deyvy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2012, 07:29 AM   #6
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
 
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

Posts: 5,187
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deyvy View Post
Are those run flats?
YEP they are.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
JOHNBMWM5 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2012, 07:37 AM   #7
TMP
Colonel
 
TMP's Avatar
 
Drives: M135i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cheshire

Posts: 2,873
iTrader: (0)

Nice and good to be ready

I have both sets of winters ready for our 2 cars this weekend. Just not looking forward to doing the work to swap them!
__________________
M-Lite v2 & Family 5er v2
TMP is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2012, 07:40 AM   #8
pops_f30
Private First Class
 
pops_f30's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 330d MSport EBII
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Wokingham

Posts: 111
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
YEP they are.
Interesting that you have put 245's all round, I havent done it yet but I have the 225/45/18 Pirelli's with some black alloys to put on very soon, not quite cold enough yet but reckon they'll be on in the next 2 weeks - look good in black as well
pops_f30 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2012, 08:01 AM   #9
Isow
Private First Class
 
Drives: 328 Modern Alpine White
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Manchester UK

Posts: 155
iTrader: (0)

Do you mind me asking, how much are a set of winter tyres 18" + wheels ?
Isow is online now   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2012, 08:43 AM   #10
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
 
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

Posts: 5,187
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pops_f30 View Post
Interesting that you have put 245's all round, I havent done it yet but I have the 225/45/18 Pirelli's with some black alloys to put on very soon, not quite cold enough yet but reckon they'll be on in the next 2 weeks - look good in black as well
These wheels / tyres came from my 550i F10 M Sport winter set-up, I chose these wheels as the hub diameter was 75.6MM, so these wheels fit X3 335 M Sport also with alloy dia reducers ( which I made ) dropping the dia too 72.5mm or what ever the current diameter is; these also go straight on any F30 . with the reducers fitted.
So I paid 2K for the lot and transferred them from car too car, they have done no more than 4K miles in three years.
Attached Images
 
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir

Last edited by JOHNBMWM5; 11-19-2012 at 08:59 AM.
JOHNBMWM5 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2012, 09:19 AM   #11
MarkW83
Lieutenant
 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 472
iTrader: (0)

Looks great! It's amazing the difference the winter tyres make, dispels the myth that BMWs are rubbish in the snow - it's all about the tyres! My 135i was fine in the snow last year with winters on it. They were Bridgestone Blizzak LM25s 225/40/18 all round, and I'll also be putting the same ones on my F30 when it comes, as they'll also fit that.

Now you just how to watch out for the folks in 4x4s with all-season tyres who think they're invincible in the snow!
MarkW83 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2012, 09:22 AM   #12
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
 
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

Posts: 5,187
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkW83 View Post
Looks great! It's amazing the difference the winter tyres make, dispels the myth that BMWs are rubbish in the snow - it's all about the tyres! My 135i was fine in the snow last year with winters on it. They were Bridgestone Blizzak LM25s 225/40/18 all round, and I'll also be putting the same ones on my F30 when it comes, as they'll also fit that.

Now you just how to watch out for the folks in 4x4s with all-season tyres who think they're invincible in the snow!
Yea your right there Mark
The car does look the "Dogs" with this set-up though. Different.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
JOHNBMWM5 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2012, 09:37 AM   #13
PGT
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 328i M-Sport in Estoril Blue
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Leesburg, VA

Posts: 281
iTrader: (0)

Love TDR's. I had a couple sets for my MINI in 15" and 17"
__________________
| '13 328i M Sport - Estoril Blue | '12 300C SRT8 | '12 Wrangler Rubi Unlimited - COD MW3 Edition|
PGT is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #14
F30AM
Brigadier General
 
F30AM's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London, UK

Posts: 3,954
iTrader: (0)

New high heel pumps for chilly days already? My goodness, you don't lay around, dear chap! Now you can fill your enormous rear cavity with lots of shopping even when it snows! Any other winter wear for your baby?

What offset (ET) are 18" wheels for the F30, please?
__________________
Present: Superman 330d sDrive M Sport + Toys (Auto Car: 0-60 in 5.5s, 0-100 in 14.2s, 30-70 in 5.1s)
Ordered: Red Tornado Golf 7R 5 Dr, DSG + Toys (Top Gear: 0-60 in 4.5s, 0-100 in 11.5s, 30-70 in 4.0s)
F30AM is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2012, 01:42 PM   #15
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
 
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

Posts: 5,187
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
New high heel pumps for chilly days already? My goodness, you don't lay around, dear chap! Now you can fill your enormous rear cavity with lots of shopping even when it snows! Any other winter wear for your baby?

What offset (ET) are 18" wheels for the F30, please?

ET 35 all round
Really fill the arches,as the original fronts are only 8" and these are 8.5" all round.
Filling her up tomorrow, luggage and bodies got my daughters "Graduation Do" she got a First "Bachelor of science" and just landed a job with Credit Suisse, canary wharf.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
JOHNBMWM5 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2012, 01:55 PM   #16
F30AM
Brigadier General
 
F30AM's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London, UK

Posts: 3,954
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post

ET 35 all round
Really fill the arches,as the original fronts are only 8" and these are 8.5" all round.
Filling her up tomorrow, luggage and bodies got my daughters "Graduation Do" she got a First "Bachelor of science" and just landed a job with Credit Suisse, canary wharf.
Thanks for the ET.

Hope that rear compartment remains custard cream clean. I bet you've sprayed it to death with Scotchguard spray.

Congratulatons on a B.Sc. First Class sibling. Honours too? Like father, like daughter, I presume. We need more engineers and scientists in this country. I graduated in engineering from Imperial College and got a few more degrees on the way from them. Have forgotten nearly everything in my dotage.
__________________
Present: Superman 330d sDrive M Sport + Toys (Auto Car: 0-60 in 5.5s, 0-100 in 14.2s, 30-70 in 5.1s)
Ordered: Red Tornado Golf 7R 5 Dr, DSG + Toys (Top Gear: 0-60 in 4.5s, 0-100 in 11.5s, 30-70 in 4.0s)
F30AM is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-19-2012, 02:04 PM   #17
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
 
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

Posts: 5,187
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
Thanks for the ET.

Hope that rear compartment remains custard cream clean. I bet you've sprayed it to death with Scotchguard spray.

Congratulatons on a B.Sc. First Class sibling. Honours too? Like father, like daughter, I presume. We need more engineers and scientists in this country. I graduated in engineering from Imperial College and got a few more degrees on the way from them. Have forgotten nearly everything in my dotage.
Yea "Use it or Lose it" true saying that.
The wifes got the brains here now.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
JOHNBMWM5 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2012, 10:32 AM   #18
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
 
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

Posts: 5,187
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
Thanks for the ET.

Hope that rear compartment remains custard cream clean. I bet you've sprayed it to death with Scotchguard spray.
I keep all the old "Boot Liners" when I hand back my cars for PX, so the centre of the garage were the car goes gets them and they collect quit a bit of water which would otherwise fill the garage, anyway the E90 M3 one fits over the one in the F31 perfect, and it has 2.5" sides, so protects the back when carrying the golf trolly and bag
Handy that.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
JOHNBMWM5 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2012, 02:45 PM   #19
F30AM
Brigadier General
 
F30AM's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London, UK

Posts: 3,954
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
I keep all the old "Boot Liners" when I hand back my cars for PX, so the centre of the garage were the car goes gets them and they collect quit a bit of water which would otherwise fill the garage, anyway the E90 M3 one fits over the one in the F31 perfect, and it has 2.5" sides, so protects the back when carrying the golf trolly and bag
Handy that.
OCD or what?
__________________
Present: Superman 330d sDrive M Sport + Toys (Auto Car: 0-60 in 5.5s, 0-100 in 14.2s, 30-70 in 5.1s)
Ordered: Red Tornado Golf 7R 5 Dr, DSG + Toys (Top Gear: 0-60 in 4.5s, 0-100 in 11.5s, 30-70 in 4.0s)
F30AM is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2012, 06:45 PM   #20
UK_
First Lieutenant
 
UK_'s Avatar
 
Drives: M4 Convertible on order
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK

Posts: 338
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
OCD or what?
We can't compete F30AM, John spends sooo (please don't correct my grammar) much money that he has the right to be OCD.
__________________
M4 Convertible on order
UK_ is online now  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2012, 06:48 PM   #21
F30AM
Brigadier General
 
F30AM's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London, UK

Posts: 3,954
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rb79 View Post
We can't compete F30AM, John spends sooo (please don't correct my grammar) much money that he has the right to be OCD.
ETTO!
__________________
Present: Superman 330d sDrive M Sport + Toys (Auto Car: 0-60 in 5.5s, 0-100 in 14.2s, 30-70 in 5.1s)
Ordered: Red Tornado Golf 7R 5 Dr, DSG + Toys (Top Gear: 0-60 in 4.5s, 0-100 in 11.5s, 30-70 in 4.0s)
F30AM is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-02-2012, 04:01 AM   #22
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
 
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

Posts: 5,187
iTrader: (0)

I am a tight Bar-stuward also.
Why leave removable payed for extras in the PX for them.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
JOHNBMWM5 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST