F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Well, beat you 330d lot..
PYSPEED
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-12-2012, 05:35 PM   #45
zorroone
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
16
Rep
538
Posts

Drives: F31 MSport 330dxdrive
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Belfast

iTrader: (0)

Thumbs up

How do i find that out mate? I do know the F20 has different bolts to the old e80 1 series, if that helps...so they are not interchangable[/quote]

Its normally stamped on the inside of the wheel spokes along with the wheel size. It is ET something which you maybe able to see when the front wheels are locked on a turn.
Appreciate 0
      11-12-2012, 07:48 PM   #46
dopper99
Major General
dopper99's Avatar
England
174
Rep
5,045
Posts

Drives: F30 335d M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: UK

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMP View Post
Hey mate. Interesting question and one I am asking myself quite a bit at the moment.

1) Not sure I am a fan of the cockpit, few things not as good as the e90. This of course is the same cockpit as the F30, so bit of a mute point!
2) That engine, when you start it in the morning wow its just so Fcuking looud and when you do go 4k+ and over double wow.
3) Fuel economy is relatively poor, but v.good for a car of its performance. If you drive it like a granny, it will do mid-30's easily ans low 40's on mway.
4) Handling /chasis / brake setup v.impressive as well - really does feel totally planted (much more so than a M Sport). I can see why it made it into the Evo car of the year!
Interesting comparison. Unbelievable economy from an engine with that power.
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2012, 03:31 PM   #47
NISFAN
Major General
NISFAN's Avatar
England
198
Rep
5,084
Posts

Drives: The best kind of F30 :)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bedford UK

iTrader: (0)

Hey TMP, read this weeks Autocar, has a review of the M135i
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 03:00 AM   #48
TMP
Colonel
TMP's Avatar
United Kingdom
63
Rep
2,887
Posts

Drives: M135i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cheshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Hey TMP, read this weeks Autocar, has a review of the M135i
I haven't read it, but heard its a not- so favourable review giving it only 4/5 stars?
The 1 series forum is outraged by it

They say things like its not a full M car. Well correct
They say its ugly. Well correct, it ain't going to win any beauty contents
They said it has a low spec. Hmm not so sure, but the 1er is missing lots of things the 330d has as standard.

So can't say I am that fussed, as in all the good press, its had there had to be one bucking the trend!
__________________
M6 & Family 5er

Last edited by TMP; 11-16-2012 at 04:18 AM.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2012, 05:21 AM   #49
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
United Kingdom
115
Rep
5,627
Posts

Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMP View Post
I haven't read it, but heard its a not- so favourable review giving it only 4/5 stars?
The 1 series forum is outraged by it

They say things like its not a full M car. Well correct
They say its ugly. Well correct, it ain't going to win any beauty contents
They said it has a low spec. Hmm not so sure, but the 1er is missing lots of things the 330d has as standard.

So can't say I am that fussed, as in all the good press, its had there had to be one bucking the trend!
I would largely "ignore" the uttering of these mags, I drove it and it was a great performer and you can spec it up if you wish, so , horses for courses.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2012, 12:51 PM   #50
TMP
Colonel
TMP's Avatar
United Kingdom
63
Rep
2,887
Posts

Drives: M135i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cheshire

iTrader: (0)

Winter boots fitted on Friday.



Not a patch on the standard wheels, but look ok IMO.
__________________
M6 & Family 5er
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2012, 01:34 PM   #51
NISFAN
Major General
NISFAN's Avatar
England
198
Rep
5,084
Posts

Drives: The best kind of F30 :)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bedford UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMP View Post
I haven't read it, but heard its a not- so favourable review giving it only 4/5 stars?
The 1 series forum is outraged by it

They say things like its not a full M car. Well correct
They say its ugly. Well correct, it ain't going to win any beauty contents
They said it has a low spec. Hmm not so sure, but the 1er is missing lots of things the 330d has as standard.

So can't say I am that fussed, as in all the good press, its had there had to be one bucking the trend!
I didn't think it was a negative review, but then again I don't own one. Reviews always seem to hit a nerve for owners.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2012, 03:11 PM   #52
MaestroAl
Major
United Kingdom
15
Rep
1,197
Posts

Drives: 335xD
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Indeed! You'd think cars were children or actually designed and built by their owners the way some jump up and down in fury
__________________
"Sleeper 335D xDrive M Sport" Glacier Silver / Black
ZMS | ZNP | ZVI | 2VF | 2VL | 3AG | 494 | 6NS | 8TH
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2012, 03:38 PM   #53
F30AM
Brigadier General
F30AM's Avatar
United Kingdom
312
Rep
4,865
Posts

Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMP View Post
I haven't read it, but heard its a not- so favourable review giving it only 4/5 stars?
The 1 series forum is outraged by it

They say things like its not a full M car. Well correct
They say its ugly. Well correct, it ain't going to win any beauty contents
They said it has a low spec. Hmm not so sure, but the 1er is missing lots of things the 330d has as standard.

So can't say I am that fussed, as in all the good press, its had there had to be one bucking the trend!
I only wished it looked considerably more appealing inside and outside. There is more to a car as an everyday tool than just having a 'sling-shot' of an engine. I am sure the 135iM is a very good car. But it is not a great car. The F20s lack the 'je ne sais quoi' of the F30s. The F10s also do, but to a lesser extent. The F30s are great cars for now. But they are still only cars!

ETTO.
__________________
Previous: Superman 330d sDrive M Sport + Toys
Present: Red Tornado Golf 7R 5 Dr, DSG + Toys
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2012, 03:52 PM   #54
TMP
Colonel
TMP's Avatar
United Kingdom
63
Rep
2,887
Posts

Drives: M135i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cheshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
I only wished it looked considerably more appealing inside and outside. There is more to a car as an everyday tool than just having a 'sling-shot' of an engine. I am sure the 135iM is a very good car. But it is not a great car. The F20s lack the 'je ne sais quoi' of the F30s. The F10s also do, but to a lesser extent. The F30s are great cars for now. But they are still only cars!

ETTO.
Well that is debatable, as I would lump the f20 and f30 together on the looks department and they have virtually the same cockpits?.

M135 is certainly a great car, and Clarkson himself said so in the times last week, yet to see him say that about a F30

In terms of looks I am afraid only the 2 and 4 series coupe would get my vote.
__________________
M6 & Family 5er
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2012, 03:53 PM   #55
TMP
Colonel
TMP's Avatar
United Kingdom
63
Rep
2,887
Posts

Drives: M135i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cheshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestroAl View Post
Indeed! You'd think cars were children or actually designed and built by their owners the way some jump up and down in fury
See above
__________________
M6 & Family 5er
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2012, 04:38 PM   #56
F30AM
Brigadier General
F30AM's Avatar
United Kingdom
312
Rep
4,865
Posts

Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London, UK

iTrader: (0)

Well, well, well. I saw an M135i (maybe it was a 125i M Sport) 4 door in Estoril Blue II today. Big wheels. Looked surprisingly attractive. So I'll eat some of my words! The car is definitely not photogenic.
__________________
Previous: Superman 330d sDrive M Sport + Toys
Present: Red Tornado Golf 7R 5 Dr, DSG + Toys
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 12:39 PM   #57
derekh929
Captain
Scotland
14
Rep
794
Posts

Drives: F31 330d M Sport on Order
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMP View Post
A impromptu vid, when i took my mate out. Not a bad sound

The ZF 8at is so quick at upshifting

Really enjoyed that I'm another can't decide 328i or 330d or M135i what is going on in my mind I don't know lol
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 12:43 PM   #58
derekh929
Captain
Scotland
14
Rep
794
Posts

Drives: F31 330d M Sport on Order
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Well I do subscribe to the hard break in method

Break in secrets
+1
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2012, 04:03 PM   #59
TMP
Colonel
TMP's Avatar
United Kingdom
63
Rep
2,887
Posts

Drives: M135i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cheshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
Well, well, well. I saw an M135i (maybe it was a 125i M Sport) 4 door in Estoril Blue II today. Big wheels. Looked surprisingly attractive. So I'll eat some of my words! The car is definitely not photogenic.
yeah, i think you are spot on - it does look better in the metal, although the front is still not the best angle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekh929 View Post
Really enjoyed that I'm another can't decide 328i or 330d or M135i what is going on in my mind I don't know lol
Its funny, I am still torn between the 330d and the M135i...yet they are hardly the usual comparison suspects...

I also think the 328i is a very good option and does save 3-4k over the 330d.
Good luck
__________________
M6 & Family 5er
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2012, 03:56 PM   #60
derekh929
Captain
Scotland
14
Rep
794
Posts

Drives: F31 330d M Sport on Order
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Scotland

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMP View Post
yeah, i think you are spot on - it does look better in the metal, although the front is still not the best angle!



Its funny, I am still torn between the 330d and the M135i...yet they are hardly the usual comparison suspects...

I also think the 328i is a very good option and does save 3-4k over the 330d.
Good luck
I know what you mean re comparisons , i have a back to back test drive of 330d and 328i manual lined up, scared to test drive the M135i as im aware what happened when getting the wife a Mini went for test drive of cooper she wanted , dealer we only have the cooper s today bad bad move ok then i said, 3 month later had new R56 cooper S on drive.
I was all keen on 328i M Sport EB Manual 19" 403's M Adaptive , M Brakes and Visibility Package and possibly HK but drove the 330D M Sport touring with auto and really liked it but scared to go auto just love the control and balance i have with manual and remember the fun i had in my E30 328i Sport back in 1988 so controllable and agile and light and went where you wanted it , then had e46 330D M Sport Touring loved it and then e90 330d M sport salon and like it but don't love it as to firm and fidgety compared to e46 IMHO
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 04:44 PM   #61
TMP
Colonel
TMP's Avatar
United Kingdom
63
Rep
2,887
Posts

Drives: M135i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cheshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by derekh929 View Post
I know what you mean re comparisons , i have a back to back test drive of 330d and 328i manual lined up, scared to test drive the M135i as im aware what happened when getting the wife a Mini went for test drive of cooper she wanted , dealer we only have the cooper s today bad bad move ok then i said, 3 month later had new R56 cooper S on drive.
I was all keen on 328i M Sport EB Manual 19" 403's M Adaptive , M Brakes and Visibility Package and possibly HK but drove the 330D M Sport touring with auto and really liked it but scared to go auto just love the control and balance i have with manual and remember the fun i had in my E30 328i Sport back in 1988 so controllable and agile and light and went where you wanted it , then had e46 330D M Sport Touring loved it and then e90 330d M sport salon and like it but don't love it as to firm and fidgety compared to e46 IMHO
Shame the 330d doesn't come in an Manual any more....a lot of people bought them over the 335d. yes the e90 was fidity, but taking the runflats off helped a lot!

Although this new auto box is flipping amazing!
__________________
M6 & Family 5er

Last edited by TMP; 12-03-2012 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Edited for not knowing Manual over an Auto..doh
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 04:53 PM   #62
F30AM
Brigadier General
F30AM's Avatar
United Kingdom
312
Rep
4,865
Posts

Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMP View Post
Shame the 330d doesn't come in an Auto any more....a lot of people bought them over the 335d. yes the e90 was fidity, but taking the runflats off helped a lot!

Although this new auto box is flipping amazing!
Huh?
__________________
Previous: Superman 330d sDrive M Sport + Toys
Present: Red Tornado Golf 7R 5 Dr, DSG + Toys
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 05:30 PM   #63
TMP
Colonel
TMP's Avatar
United Kingdom
63
Rep
2,887
Posts

Drives: M135i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cheshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
Huh?
Ok, so I a multi-tasking badly tonight
__________________
M6 & Family 5er
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 05:33 PM   #64
F30AM
Brigadier General
F30AM's Avatar
United Kingdom
312
Rep
4,865
Posts

Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMP View Post
Ok, so I am multi-tasking badly tonight
++
__________________
Previous: Superman 330d sDrive M Sport + Toys
Present: Red Tornado Golf 7R 5 Dr, DSG + Toys
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 06:05 PM   #65
TMP
Colonel
TMP's Avatar
United Kingdom
63
Rep
2,887
Posts

Drives: M135i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cheshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
++


Need to learn me some better typing
__________________
M6 & Family 5er
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2012, 06:10 PM   #66
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
United Kingdom
115
Rep
5,627
Posts

Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMP View Post
Ok, so I a multi-tasking badly tonight
YEP been there done it
Tomorrows better.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:31 PM.




f30post
f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST