F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > What about this then
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-29-2012, 04:51 AM   #1
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
 
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

Posts: 5,236
iTrader: (0)

What about this then

BMW have just got back to me and said " not all but some 2012 builds after september have a Sat-Nav glitch showing thr traffic congestion on the wrong side of the roads this makes the system useless.
At this moment in time they have no answers and have escalated the problem to the "highest level", what ever thats supposed to mean.
No updates available as yet so my 2K Nav system is F**king useless.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
JOHNBMWM5 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2012, 06:16 AM   #2
RobUK
Major
 
RobUK's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 328i Lux' 8SAT, Red
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Sussex, UK

Posts: 1,095
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Weird that it affects only some post-September builds. Seems to suggest it could be a component problem rather than a firmware problem (meaning another trip to the dealer rather than an OTA update). You're not having much luck with this satnav
__________________

2012 F30 328i Lux', 8SAT, Melbourne Red
RobUK is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2012, 06:29 AM   #3
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
 
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

Posts: 5,236
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobUK View Post
Weird that it affects only some post-September builds. Seems to suggest it could be a component problem rather than a firmware problem (meaning another trip to the dealer rather than an OTA update). You're not having much luck with this satnav
some people's cars is "BMW UK's take", because this post september system is just coming on line in new cars, and many people will NOT know the system is making mistakes as they do NOT know were they are or if it's making the right/wrong turns because they are relying on it to get them somewhere.
Three cars now in Listers have this fault, even the dealer principle was taken 5 miles off route last night on his way to Leister.

I think once this system is "rolled out to more new cars" this will be a major inconvenience to many that rely on it.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
JOHNBMWM5 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2012, 07:20 AM   #4
pops_f30
Private First Class
 
pops_f30's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 330d MSport EBII
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Wokingham

Posts: 111
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
some people's cars is "BMW UK's take", because this post september system is just coming on line in new cars, and many people will NOT know the system is making mistakes as they do NOT know were they are or if it's making the right/wrong turns because they are relying on it to get them somewhere.
Three cars now in Listers have this fault, even the dealer principle was taken 5 miles off route last night on his way to Leister.

I think once this system is "rolled out to more new cars" this will be a major inconvenience to many that rely on it.
Does this effect just the new nav? I haven't noticed any issues with mine but its the older Pro Nav?
pops_f30 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2012, 08:02 AM   #5
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
 
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

Posts: 5,236
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pops_f30 View Post
Does this effect just the new nav? I haven't noticed any issues with mine but its the older Pro Nav?
Just the new Nav, no other problems with the car at all, no faults showed up on the computer at the dealership.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
JOHNBMWM5 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST