F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N20 and N26 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > HARTGE N20 F30 28i Engine Software Tune Yields +45 HP / +48 TQ for F30, F10, F25, E89
RW Carbon
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-06-2012, 11:15 AM   #45
Alan l.
Brigadier General
 
Alan l.'s Avatar
 
Drives: LCI M-Sport 550i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: East Coast

Posts: 4,435
iTrader: (8)

The price just dropped to $1299 from Turner Motorsport! Still pricey but more reasonable now.

Alan
__________________

2014 LCI 550i M Sport | 3D Design Front Spoiler | BMW Performance Black Grills | BMW Performance Trunk Lip | BMW Performance Diffuser | Painted Reflectors | Wincos 30% Tint | Supersprint Exhaust | ACSSprings | MORR VS8.2 Rims 20x10R and 20x9F | Michelin PSS Tires |||More Photos of my car here|||
Alan l. is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2012, 11:20 AM   #46
ALPINA B5
Private First Class
 
Drives: the subway. otherwise the bmw.
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Malaysia

Posts: 171
iTrader: (0)

don just think about US&A

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage149 View Post
You buy a 328I. It has the same mpg figures as a 335I. You buy this piggyback ECU and make the 328I have similar HP and TQ as a 335I for $1600 plus install. WHY???? Why the headache of dealing with possible warranty issues? For an extra $1600 when you bought the 328I you could have had a 335I and saved yourself the trouble. I am not getting the point of this IMHO......
in my country, malaysia where we have ridiculous taxes. the difference between a 328i and a 335i is almost US$ 60k. getting a piggyback or some fancy exhaust (heck you can even play around with superchargers) is much much cheaper than getting going up a notch for a 335i.
ALPINA B5 is offline   Malaysia
0
Reply With Quote
      07-10-2012, 12:44 PM   #47
Teemo Panda
*Bimmerpost Plasti Dip Guru*
 
Teemo Panda's Avatar
 
Drives: E53, E46-M3, E70, F25-X3
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New Jersey (NJ)

Posts: 1,178
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 BMW X3  [2.83]
i am a little hesitated to get this piggybank due to warranty reasons but i will wait until BMW dinan would offer it~
Teemo Panda is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-03-2012, 12:44 PM   #48
Dlff
Registered
 
Drives: f30 / 328i
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Malaysia

Posts: 3
iTrader: (0)

Hartge engine tuning #11280245J producing 290PS for the BMW F30 / 328i.*
245hp @ 5,000 - 6,000rpm > 290hp @ 5,100rpm
350Nm / 258ft lb. @ 1,250 - 4,800rpm > 450Nm / 331ft lb. @ 2,700rpm.
The info above is taken from Hartge's website. Is about 15.5% increase in power & 22.2% increase in torque over the std car.
If you tuned it through the factory ECU then is very difficult to revert back to original setting unless some tuners like Revo or APR which has 2 settings (original mapping & they call it valet mode & the remap mode) for their tuned VAG's cars. They use the cruise control to change the setting by holding on to the cruise control for something like 10 secs & it revert back to original setting. Thank you & have a nice week end, guys!
Dlff is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-08-2012, 08:29 AM   #49
BMWgasm
Hooah!
 
BMWgasm's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i M Sport
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Germany

Posts: 126
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage149
You buy a 328I. It has the same mpg figures as a 335I. You buy this piggyback ECU and make the 328I have similar HP and TQ as a 335I for $1600 plus install. WHY???? Why the headache of dealing with possible warranty issues? For an extra $1600 when you bought the 328I you could have had a 335I and saved yourself the trouble. I am not getting the point of this IMHO......
Not sure where you're buying your Bimmers, but a 335 is much more than $1600 in difference. I pay military price here in Germany and a 335 is more than $3K over the 328. Not to mention the effect the weight differential can have on handling. And fuel consumption is definitely not the same. Though I will say the 335 is a bit more fun.
__________________
'11 E90 335i M Sport Black Sapphire
'13 F30 328i M Sport Black Sapphire
BMWgasm is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      09-08-2012, 11:09 AM   #50
PeterF11
Private
 
PeterF11's Avatar
 
Drives: F11 5.28i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Amsterdam

Posts: 91
iTrader: (0)

Price difference between 328i and 335i is $ 13,500.
Let's stay, depending on your country of residence you will value this tuning more or less.
PeterF11 is offline   Netherlands
0
Reply With Quote
      09-08-2012, 11:36 AM   #51
E46M54325Ci
Lieutenant Colonel
 
E46M54325Ci's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Porsche Cayman
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,577
iTrader: (4)

wow, 3.75 secs off the 0-100, incredible.

edit- just did some interesting calculations

Stock 335i: 300 hp 3545 lbs for the 6mt = 11.82 lbs/hp

Hartge tuned 328i: 285 hp, 3360 lbs for the 6mt = 11.79 lbs/hp

wow, so what's a stock 335i do it in?
__________________
987.2 Cayman, Aqua Blue on Black
E46M54325Ci is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-08-2012, 12:10 PM   #52
bananachipz
Captain
 
Drives: F30 Mineral Gray 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Canada

Posts: 819
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46M54325Ci View Post
wow, 3.75 secs off the 0-100, incredible.

edit- just did some interesting calculations

Stock 335i: 300 hp 3545 lbs for the 6mt = 11.82 lbs/hp

Hartge tuned 328i: 285 hp, 3360 lbs for the 6mt = 11.79 lbs/hp

wow, so what's a stock 335i do it in?
anywhere from 4.7 to 5.2 depending on who's testing.
bananachipz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      09-08-2012, 02:17 PM   #53
E46M54325Ci
Lieutenant Colonel
 
E46M54325Ci's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 Porsche Cayman
Join Date: May 2006
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,577
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananachipz View Post
anywhere from 4.7 to 5.2 depending on who's testing.
I think the test was 0-100 mph, wasn't it? and 16.02 vs 12.27 secs after the tune?
__________________
987.2 Cayman, Aqua Blue on Black
E46M54325Ci is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-12-2012, 08:11 PM   #54
Sock_Puppet
Enlisted Member
 
Sock_Puppet's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 328i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida

Posts: 34
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E46M54325Ci View Post
I think the test was 0-100 mph, wasn't it? and 16.02 vs 12.27 secs after the tune?
Might have just been me but I thought the guy was going a bit light in the shifting when he was running the stock setup...
Sock_Puppet is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-26-2012, 10:08 AM   #55
blackangelm3italy
New Member
 
Drives: BMW 535D F10
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: ITALIA

Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)

today I installed the module in question for the 328th bmw f30 I found a discrepancy of the plugs I am attaching photos, the plug for the TURBORGELVENTIL in my car and different and do not know how to installation I hope that someone help me


[img=http://imageshack.us/a/img443/8283/foto4ou.th.jpg]
[img=http://imageshack.us/a/img696/2995/foto3za.th.jpg]
[img=http://imageshack.us/a/img833/1967/foto2gfr.th.jpg]
[img=http://imageshack.us/a/img7/4774/foto1rew.th.jpg]
[img=http://imageshack.us/a/img526/3569/fotosd.th.png]
blackangelm3italy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-27-2012, 06:34 AM   #56
blackangelm3italy
New Member
 
Drives: BMW 535D F10
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: ITALIA

Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)

do you think if I connect the sensor can result in damage to the engine? is the performance is equal not connect the plug of the turbo?
blackangelm3italy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-28-2012, 04:30 AM   #57
Plasstik
New Member
 
Drives: 2013 328i Msport
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Europe

Posts: 7
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
1600$ bias scam with no dyno! I can take 1600$ worth of bolt ons get more for my money!
Plasstik is offline   Belgium
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2012, 10:23 AM   #58
blackangelm3italy
New Member
 
Drives: BMW 535D F10
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: ITALIA

Posts: 17
iTrader: (0)

I'm having serious problems with the form Hartge bought from TURNERMOTORSPORT, after sending me a form not suitable for my car, I do not have reimbursed the amount of the whole module after I've returned, I'm really not serious and do not even know the car models my mounts an electronic air not so before contacting these people pay attention.
I was promised a refund but to date I have not received
blackangelm3italy is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      11-29-2012, 07:03 PM   #59
Rolux Magnum
New Member
 
Rolux Magnum's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 328i Moonstone
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Melbourne Australia

Posts: 27
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2013 328i  [4.50]
2003 FZS 600  [5.00]
2005 R1200RT  [0.00]
2009 RX350  [0.00]
I think that most people who choose the 328i over the 335i, do so because the 328i is enough. Not because they can not afford the 335i. At least thats my excuse. For me the 328i is only 0.5s slower to 60, and that means if you get the jump on a 335i in traffic, then there is no advantage in a 335i. Also I want a more economical car, and driven in commute mode - I am sure that I can get significantly better milage than I would in a 335i. Aslo the 328i seems to steer a bit better, slightly more nimble.
Finally I think that some people like to get the best (335i) - in everything that they do! and others - myself included, like to get the best value in everything that they do.
[Otherlike to just buy the cheapest in everything they do - but I doubt they are on this forum]
__________________
328i Sport Line / Moonstone Metallic / Individual Leather and Trim / ProfNavigation / Extended Inst / DAB+ / H Seats / Sroof / Rear Camera / Tinted Windows / Rear Roller Blind / Xenons [SIGPIC]
Rolux Magnum is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      11-30-2012, 02:55 PM   #60
brio
Second Lieutenant
 
brio's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 330i, '09 e92 M3
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Central FL

Posts: 287
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [0.00]
2006 BMW 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolux Magnum View Post
I think that most people who choose the 328i over the 335i, do so because the 328i is enough. Not because they can not afford the 335i. At least thats my excuse. For me the 328i is only 0.5s slower to 60, and that means if you get the jump on a 335i in traffic, then there is no advantage in a 335i. Also I want a more economical car, and driven in commute mode - I am sure that I can get significantly better milage than I would in a 335i. Aslo the 328i seems to steer a bit better, slightly more nimble.
Finally I think that some people like to get the best (335i) - in everything that they do! and others - myself included, like to get the best value in everything that they do.
[Otherlike to just buy the cheapest in everything they do - but I doubt they are on this forum]
Well said!
brio is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-30-2012, 04:05 PM   #61
CKau
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: F30 328i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: sydney, australia

Posts: 387
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterF11 View Post
Price difference between 328i and 335i is $ 13,500.
Let's stay, depending on your country of residence you will value this tuning more or less.
+1 in australia the luxury car tax is 33% and the threshold to start paying lct vaires by the fuel consumption rating.

the 328i sneaks under the more generous fuel efficient lct threshold due to its lower consumption. This results in the 335i going over the lct. This brings the 335i price to $26,500 more than the 328i thanks largely to the taxes.

This is before state level duties on top of the lct taxes.

So for those of you who are fortunate to have low tax regimes on cars, get out of your little world, broaden your mind, learn from us on the thread and realise that in some markets the difference is massive.

The A$ is also stronger than the US$... So these differences are significant in value terms.

Tuning is way more cost effective for those hoping for more power.

Personally for me i could not afford such a large monetary gap. Still would have bought an optioned up 328i even if i had the cash as the performance gap is not that large and i could make up the gap via a tune.

If the taxes were different i might think a little differently.

Btw the cost of options on the 335i are more expensive than the same option on the 328i. Illustrates how much we get gouged by our govt.
__________________
328i aus spec |M adaptive suspension|sunroof|sport seats|self parking|extended display | aftermarket sound insulation
CKau is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2012, 04:53 PM   #62
David328M-Sport
Brigadier General
 
Drives: F30 M-Sport 328i Estoril Blue
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Melbourne Australia

Posts: 3,453
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CKau View Post
Btw the cost of options on the 335i are more expensive than the same option on the 328i.
Only if the options on the 328i plus car etc, still amount to less than the LCT threshold. Otherwise, they are the same.
__________________
328i M-Sport, Estoril Blue, Carbon XP 35 Tint, front heated seats, black Dakota, Sports Suspension, Anthracite Headliner, HUD, Pro Nav, Sunroof, hk 600w, Bi-Xenon, 19" 403M wheels, Reversing Camera, DAB+, Xenon, BT Ext Connect.
David328M-Sport is offline   Australia
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2013, 10:14 AM   #63
skyline1979
Registered
 
Drives: 328i
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: italy

Posts: 1
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackangelm3italy View Post
I'm having serious problems with the form Hartge bought from TURNERMOTORSPORT, after sending me a form not suitable for my car, I do not have reimbursed the amount of the whole module after I've returned, I'm really not serious and do not even know the car models my mounts an electronic air not so before contacting these people pay attention.
I was promised a refund but to date I have not received
ciao balckangel, sono marrco di torino. anche io ho una bmw 328 i.volevo avere notizie in merito all'elaborazione della centralina tramite il modulo aggiuntivo hartge. alla fine l'hai montato? come ti trovi?
Ciao grazie
skyline1979 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2013, 12:05 PM   #64
DarkstarZero
Major
 
DarkstarZero's Avatar
 
Drives: e39 M5, e36 M3, e92 M3, Z4M
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Washington DC

Posts: 1,188
iTrader: (4)

Send a message via AIM to DarkstarZero
I have a 328i Wagon... I come from owning a huge amount of M cars but as I'm starting a family, kid on the way, big dog, I needed a family car. I would have bought a 335 wagon, even a M3 wagon if they made it, but I live in NA so my ONLY option was a 328.

I really want to get my 328 up to 300hp, close to the performance that I'm used to, but I don't think I want to push this much boost, just for engine longevity sake. I'd probably use a tune that's a little less aggressive, adding 30-40hp, coupled with a full exhaust which gives around 20hp on its own. I think that'll get me really close to the desired 300hp and performance that I want.
__________________
DarkstarZero is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      10-11-2013, 12:12 PM   #65
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General
 
Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2 S/C
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: New Jersey

Posts: 3,538
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkstarZero View Post
I have a 328i Wagon... I come from owning a huge amount of M cars but as I'm starting a family, kid on the way, big dog, I needed a family car. I would have bought a 335 wagon, even a M3 wagon if they made it, but I live in NA so my ONLY option was a 328.

I really want to get my 328 up to 300hp, close to the performance that I'm used to, but I don't think I want to push this much boost, just for engine longevity sake. I'd probably use a tune that's a little less aggressive, adding 30-40hp, coupled with a full exhaust which gives around 20hp on its own. I think that'll get me really close to the desired 300hp and performance that I want.
Well for starters, you don't have 240hp, you have more like 270hp. This is dyno proven. Just a stage 1 tune will give you about 300hp at the crank. A full exhaust and stage 2 tune will net you more like 320-330hp.
__________________
'98 M Roadster stg 2+ S/C @ 13psi(cracking 500hp this summer) +'13 EBII M Sport 328i 6mtFOR SALE
Jamesons Viggen is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
328i ecu, 328i software, bmw 328i tune, bmw n20, bmw n20 ecu software, bmw n20 engine, bmw n20 engine software, bmw n20 engine tune, bmw n20 engine tuning, bmw n20 piggyback software, bmw n20 piggyback tune, bmw n20 software, bmw n20 tune, bmw n20 tuning, f30 328i piggyback, f30 328i software, f30 328i tune, f30 328i tuning, hartge n20, hartge n20 engine, hartge n20 software, n20 ecu, n20 engine, n20 engine ecu, n20 engine tune, n20 hartge, n20 hartge ecu, n20 hartge tune, n20 piggyback tune, n20 software, n20 tune, n20 tuning

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:08 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST