F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > New iDrive Navigation Professional system for F30, ActiveHybrid 3, 5 Series, 7 series
Extreme Power House
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-25-2012, 07:46 PM   #463
claykin
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida

Posts: 1,837
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcmike View Post
Hi all,

My fully loaded 335 M Sport has a production date of 11/6/12, any idea what production week that would be? I had my SA hold off for Nov production because I too wanted the new iDrive. Despite all that has been posted, I'm still holding out hope. I'll be sure to post back when the car arrives and I can see what exactly is installed.

Michael
PW45. Same as car I have on order. And NO new Nav.

Call a dealer tomorrow and give them your VIN and ask for the Nav part #. Then ask them to compare to a 2012 F30 with a random VIN. You will see its the same.
claykin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-25-2012, 09:24 PM   #464
pcmike
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2009 BMW 335i
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Lake Worth, FL

Posts: 556
iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to pcmike
What dealership is your car on order at? If I get stuck with the old navigation, I'll be disappointed, but I've already extended my lease enough and I also have wheels on order already as well. I may just use it as an excuse to get a more favorable lease...

Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
PW45. Same as car I have on order. And NO new Nav.

Call a dealer tomorrow and give them your VIN and ask for the Nav part #. Then ask them to compare to a 2012 F30 with a random VIN. You will see its the same.
__________________


Hardwired ValentineOne | Cobb
pcmike is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      11-26-2012, 06:35 AM   #465
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
 
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

Posts: 5,239
iTrader: (0)

Had my new 330d M Sport touring for 1 week, HUD disagrees with Map!!!, the maps are out of date by years here in the UK, some places we were going to are NOT even listed, the system sends me up exit slip roads and back down the other side, bmw are looking into it, worst system I have even had from BMW.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
JOHNBMWM5 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      11-30-2012, 06:15 PM   #466
turbochris
Registered
 
Drives: bmw 320d
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Italy

Posts: 4
iTrader: (0)

Got new nav

hello, I just got the car (F30) from a dealer here in Italy;

the production week is 45 (November 2012), the car has the new navigation system (nbt) !!
turbochris is offline   Italy
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2012, 04:39 AM   #467
JonoNZ
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: F30 335i M Sport, M Perf
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Posts: 339
iTrader: (0)

I tried http://www.realoem.com/bmw/ with a VIN for a new F30 on a sales yard here in NZ and it shows the 'Car infotainment computer' 'up to 11/2012'. So it looks like cars in this part of the world are revised from Dec onwards as previously noted.
__________________
F30 335i M-Sport with Estoril Blue II, M Performance Aero Kit, M Performance Exhaust, M Performance PPK, Adaptive Suspension, Variable Sport Steering, Revised NBT Pro Nav, Sunroof, 19" 403M, HUD, Rear Camera, DAB+, Comfort Access (20121250 Build, Delivered 25 January 2013)
JonoNZ is offline   New Zealand
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2012, 06:22 AM   #468
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
 
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

Posts: 5,239
iTrader: (0)

UPDATE: BMW have admitted to a faulty Navigation program and issued a "PUMA NUMBER".
This may only apply to europe/or UK.
Puma number : 52609163-04 (escalated to highest priority they say).
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
JOHNBMWM5 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2012, 07:16 AM   #469
claykin
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida

Posts: 1,837
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
UPDATE: BMW have admitted to a faulty Navigation program and issued a "PUMA NUMBER".
This may only apply to europe/or UK.
Puma number : 52609163-04 (escalated to highest priority they say).
As I said, they will fix it. May take time, but they'll fix it.
claykin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2012, 07:18 AM   #470
claykin
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida

Posts: 1,837
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoNZ View Post
I tried http://www.realoem.com/bmw/ with a VIN for a new F30 on a sales yard here in NZ and it shows the 'Car infotainment computer' 'up to 11/2012'. So it looks like cars in this part of the world are revised from Dec onwards as previously noted.
realoem.com is for USA and Europe cars. I don't see a selection option for other markets.

"up to 11/2012" means up to but not including. The new part starts in 11/2012 for Europe.
claykin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2012, 02:11 PM   #471
JonoNZ
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: F30 335i M Sport, M Perf
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Posts: 339
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
realoem.com is for USA and Europe cars. I don't see a selection option for other markets.

"up to 11/2012" means up to but not including. The new part starts in 11/2012 for Europe.
Pretty sure everything outside the US is Europe. The VIN I entered was an NZ car but showed as European spec. My order sheet off the BMW system shows European spec (0230) as one of the line items, too.

I will have my VIN in just over a week so I will check then also.
__________________
F30 335i M-Sport with Estoril Blue II, M Performance Aero Kit, M Performance Exhaust, M Performance PPK, Adaptive Suspension, Variable Sport Steering, Revised NBT Pro Nav, Sunroof, 19" 403M, HUD, Rear Camera, DAB+, Comfort Access (20121250 Build, Delivered 25 January 2013)
JonoNZ is offline   New Zealand
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2012, 03:01 PM   #472
claykin
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida

Posts: 1,837
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoNZ View Post
Pretty sure everything outside the US is Europe. The VIN I entered was an NZ car but showed as European spec. My order sheet off the BMW system shows European spec (0230) as one of the line items, too.

I will have my VIN in just over a week so I will check then also.
As I understand it, Europe got the new Nav pro beginning 11/2012 production. South Africa, Australia, NZ get it starting 12/2012. So, there are differences.
claykin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2012, 03:13 PM   #473
JonoNZ
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: F30 335i M Sport, M Perf
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Posts: 339
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by claykin View Post
As I understand it, Europe got the new Nav pro beginning 11/2012 production. South Africa, Australia, NZ get it starting 12/2012. So, there are differences.
Yeah, that's what BMW NZ told me also (new Nav on Dec+ builds). They may be playing it safe also by giving a months margin on builds, you never know Nov builds might have the new Nav also. Anyway, my car is a Dec build as I specifically wanted the Nav and iDrive.
__________________
F30 335i M-Sport with Estoril Blue II, M Performance Aero Kit, M Performance Exhaust, M Performance PPK, Adaptive Suspension, Variable Sport Steering, Revised NBT Pro Nav, Sunroof, 19" 403M, HUD, Rear Camera, DAB+, Comfort Access (20121250 Build, Delivered 25 January 2013)
JonoNZ is offline   New Zealand
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2012, 03:23 PM   #474
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
 
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

Posts: 5,239
iTrader: (0)

The New Nav was put in the F31 touring, which I have from 2 weeks ago, it has a fault.
Soon to be rectified they say.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
JOHNBMWM5 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2012, 03:25 PM   #475
JonoNZ
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: F30 335i M Sport, M Perf
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Posts: 339
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
The New Nav was put in the F31 touring, which I have from 2 weeks ago, it has a fault.
Soon to be rectified they say.
Is your fault is just a UK/Europe map data issue?
__________________
F30 335i M-Sport with Estoril Blue II, M Performance Aero Kit, M Performance Exhaust, M Performance PPK, Adaptive Suspension, Variable Sport Steering, Revised NBT Pro Nav, Sunroof, 19" 403M, HUD, Rear Camera, DAB+, Comfort Access (20121250 Build, Delivered 25 January 2013)
JonoNZ is offline   New Zealand
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2012, 03:28 PM   #476
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
 
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

Posts: 5,239
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoNZ View Post
Is your fault is just a UK/Europe map data issue?
As thats were I drive it would appear so, It looks like the Nav system should be on a Left hand drive car, like yours.
The glitch is not consistent either
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
JOHNBMWM5 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2012, 03:30 PM   #477
JonoNZ
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: F30 335i M Sport, M Perf
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Posts: 339
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
As thats were I drive it would appear so, It looks like the Nav system should be on a Left hand drive car, like yours.
The glitch is not consistent either
Hopefully my car is a right hand drive, we drive on the left like the UK here.
__________________
F30 335i M-Sport with Estoril Blue II, M Performance Aero Kit, M Performance Exhaust, M Performance PPK, Adaptive Suspension, Variable Sport Steering, Revised NBT Pro Nav, Sunroof, 19" 403M, HUD, Rear Camera, DAB+, Comfort Access (20121250 Build, Delivered 25 January 2013)
JonoNZ is offline   New Zealand
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2012, 03:32 PM   #478
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
 
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

Posts: 5,239
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoNZ View Post
Hopefully my car is a right hand drive, we drive on the left like the UK here.
BMW are (supposedly) working to rectify this now, so yours should be good to go if it has not yet been finished.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
JOHNBMWM5 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2012, 03:34 PM   #479
JonoNZ
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: F30 335i M Sport, M Perf
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Posts: 339
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
BMW are (supposedly) working to rectify this now, so yours should be good to go if it has not yet been finished.
My car is built week 50, so 10th December.

Nav data is loaded and activated at the dealer isn't it? It was on our MINI Countryman anyway.
__________________
F30 335i M-Sport with Estoril Blue II, M Performance Aero Kit, M Performance Exhaust, M Performance PPK, Adaptive Suspension, Variable Sport Steering, Revised NBT Pro Nav, Sunroof, 19" 403M, HUD, Rear Camera, DAB+, Comfort Access (20121250 Build, Delivered 25 January 2013)
JonoNZ is offline   New Zealand
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2012, 03:37 PM   #480
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
 
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

Posts: 5,239
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonoNZ View Post
My car is built week 50, so 10th December.

Nav data is loaded and activated at the dealer isn't it? It was on our MINI Countryman anyway.
No I do not think Nav data is loaded at the dealerships, I think now they only PDI the car and test the systems making sure no faults are up. This at least is how things work here.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
JOHNBMWM5 is offline   United Kingdom
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2012, 04:31 PM   #481
EB_F30
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: 13' M Sport 335 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Italy

Posts: 298
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbochris
hello, I just got the car (F30) from a dealer here in Italy;

the production week is 45 (November 2012), the car has the new navigation system (nbt) !!
Where in Italy? Congrats btw.
EB_F30 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2012, 04:45 PM   #482
S-Dot
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive Luxury
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: near Calgary

Posts: 121
iTrader: (0)

Nav Data was loaded at the dealership for me. I actually had to come back and have it installed because they didn't have one to load for me when I picked up my car.
S-Dot is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2012, 05:40 PM   #483
claykin
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida

Posts: 1,837
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by S-Dot View Post
Nav Data was loaded at the dealership for me. I actually had to come back and have it installed because they didn't have one to load for me when I picked up my car.
I believe dealer activates the Nav system during PDI.
claykin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-01-2012, 05:44 PM   #484
claykin
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida

Posts: 1,837
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
BMW are (supposedly) working to rectify this now, so yours should be good to go if it has not yet been finished.
Seriously doubt they fix it that quickly. Issue/bug needs to be identified, then fixed, then thoroughly tested in lab, then tested in real world. And I'm sure this is not the only bug they'll address in this future release.

After all that BMW can schedule the update for production cars and begin pushing out to distributors outside AG. My guess is minimum 3 months unless the engineers already were aware of the problem and were working on the fix before your PUMA case was issued.
claykin is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
2012 bmw idrive, 2012 bmw navigation, bmw 609 navgation, bmw idrive 2012, bmw navigation 2012, bmw navigation 609, bmw navigation professional, bmw navigation professional system, new bmw idrive, new bmw idrive navigation, new bmw nav, new bmw navigation, new bmw navigation 609, new bmw navigation professional, new f30 idrive, new f30 navigation

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:02 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST