F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > are these digital LCD instrument gauges real
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-06-2012, 04:26 PM   #23
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
23
Rep
1,544
Posts

 
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdemon View Post
My point is, if the dash board breaks, you are going to drive it until you can get it repaired. The car will not spiral out of control because your speedometer is no longer working.

A large display isn't any more unreliable than the small display that most of the F30's already have.
Well, I didn't say the car will spiral out of control but ur wallet & licence points will, cos u don't know whether u're speeding or not. It is not a mere inconvenience.
If the small LCD fails on current cars u still have the speedo & tach.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 06:47 PM   #24
john08135i
Major
john08135i's Avatar
United_States
19
Rep
1,023
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 M Sport, 2010 bmw S1000RR
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Orlando

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via Yahoo to john08135i
wow..I love them
__________________
M Sport Line Estoril Blue
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #25
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
shivaswrath's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
3,144
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lost in NJ

iTrader: (3)

given the QC i've seen thus far on my F30...I'm glad I have analog dials and would prefer them.

HUD covers anything else I'd need electronic.

BUT it's pretty sick.
__________________
2012 335i Mineral Gray
M Performance Whore: PPK|Exhaust|Brakes|Performance Suspension Struts & Springs|LSD|Black Kidney Grilles|CF Spoiler and Mirror Caps|Bav Stage 1|400Ms|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 09:04 PM   #26
SamS
Brigadier General
SamS's Avatar
61
Rep
4,577
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
Well, I didn't say the car will spiral out of control but ur wallet & licence points will, cos u don't know whether u're speeding or not. It is not a mere inconvenience.
If the small LCD fails on current cars u still have the speedo & tach.
You really think you could not judge your speed during the time it takes you to drive straight to your dealer?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 09:31 PM   #27
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
23
Rep
1,544
Posts

 
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
You really think you could not judge your speed during the time it takes you to drive straight to your dealer?
Can u tell the difference between 30mph & 35mph without any instrumentation? That's the difference between in the law & getting fines & points. It's no good telling the cop ur speedo has failed cos a car with failed speedo is not roadworthy.
Also, if the thing fails, can u guarantee than u can drive to the stealer straight away (e.g. u have a car full of ppl to an important meeting)? Or even if it's open at all?
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2012, 09:37 PM   #28
SamS
Brigadier General
SamS's Avatar
61
Rep
4,577
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
Can u tell the difference between 30mph & 35mph without any instrumentation? That's the difference between in the law & getting fines & points. It's no good telling the cop ur speedo has failed cos a car with failed speedo is not roadworthy.
Also, if the thing fails, can u guarantee than u can drive to the stealer straight away (e.g. u have a car full of ppl to an important meeting)? Or even if it's open at all?
If you really think you have a significant chance of not keeping your speed in check and think the police will actually come across your path on the way to the dealer, then you should call for a tow truck to take the car to the dealer. This would be free in the US, not sure about in HK.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2012, 10:35 AM   #29
vern
Private First Class
2
Rep
176
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 F30 335i Sport 2006 X3
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New Jersey

iTrader: (0)

Is the "comfort +" mode a new 5th driving mode? All I have seen is Sport+,Sport,Comfort,Ecopro.
cheers
vern
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2012, 01:08 PM   #30
clarence
Lieutenant Colonel
23
Rep
1,544
Posts

 
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vern View Post
Is the "comfort +" mode a new 5th driving mode? All I have seen is Sport+,Sport,Comfort,Ecopro.
cheers
vern
It's for cars with EDC/Adaptive Drive only (F0x & F1x).
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:35 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST