F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > Matte Black Grilles
GTB Performance

12-20-2012, 11:10 AM   #1
Ro.M3

Drives: '09 M3 Sedan

Matte Black Grilles

Hey forum,

I've searched the entire forum for any pics of matte black grills for the F30.

I purchased the OEM Black High Gloss Performance Grilles from Tischer and installed them. However, after looking at them...I didn't like how they made the front of the car look "smaller" and less wide.

If you notice, there are only 8 slats on the performance grilles whereas the OEM ones that are on the car are 11 slats (theres another thread on this in the forum, I know).

Basically, what I'm looking for are 11 slat either gloss or matte black grilles for the F30. Does anyone know if they are available? I found these on Bimmian but they don't have a pic to clarify. http://www.bimmian.com/Painted-Shado...W-F30-3-Series

Thanks everyone!

P.S. If anyone is looking to buy a brand new pair of OEM Performance Grilles (what I talked about above) please let me know.
'09 E90 M3 Sedan - SSII / 20% Tint / IND Painted Reflectors / IND Black Gloss Hood Vents / OEM Black Chromeline Grilles/ LUX H8 V3 Angel Eyes / Dinan Tune (tentative) / IND Carbon Fiber Hood (tentative)
Ro.M3 is offline   United_States
      12-20-2012, 12:00 PM   #2
Jamesons Viggen
Brigadier General

Drives: '98 M Roadster stg 2 S/C

There is a variety of black non OEM ones being offered on eBay. Just search for BMW F30.
      12-20-2012, 02:12 PM   #3
ilhan1103
Private First Class

Drives: f30 318 2012

Garage List
2012 318D  [0.00]
2010 Golf 1.6  [0.00]
Alternatively you could plasti dip your oem grills. Can always take it of if you're not happy with the result.
      12-20-2012, 02:22 PM   #4
Tsuyoi
Lieutenant

Drives: 2013 F30 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ro.M3 View Post
Hey forum,

I've searched the entire forum for any pics of matte black grills for the F30.

I purchased the OEM Black High Gloss Performance Grilles from Tischer and installed them. However, after looking at them...I didn't like how they made the front of the car look "smaller" and less wide.

If you notice, there are only 8 slats on the performance grilles whereas the OEM ones that are on the car are 11 slats (theres another thread on this in the forum, I know).

Basically, what I'm looking for are 11 slat either gloss or matte black grilles for the F30. Does anyone know if they are available? I found these on Bimmian but they don't have a pic to clarify. http://www.bimmian.com/Painted-Shado...W-F30-3-Series

Thanks everyone!

P.S. If anyone is looking to buy a brand new pair of OEM Performance Grilles (what I talked about above) please let me know.
There is a product spotlight video from that link on bimmian, showing how it looks from all angles. Looks like what you're looking for.

Edit: There's also this:

http://projectcars.bimmian.com/92/installations/141