F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Maintance Due still says 14,000 miles & I have 700 miles on odometer
RW Carbon
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-20-2012, 06:34 PM   #1
AntBabeee
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 570
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Maintance Due still says 14,000 miles & I have 700 miles on odometer

Does the estimate display whole numbers only, When i first got the car it showed 13,000 all of a sudden it shows 14,000 and everytime i turn it on it shows 14,000 been like that ever since about 150 miles.
__________________
F30 BMW 335i M-Sport: Estoril Blue II, 19" Rims, Sports Auto, Premium, Technology, Harmon Kardon, Heated Front Seats, Driver Assistance...
AntBabeee is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-20-2012, 06:41 PM   #2
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Frogman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 F30 328i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California

Posts: 1,674
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntBabeee View Post
Does the estimate display whole numbers only, When i first got the car it showed 13,000 all of a sudden it shows 14,000 and everytime i turn it on it shows 14,000 been like that ever since about 150 miles.
It shows in 1,000 mile units until about 3,000 remaining, then decrements in 100's. How many miles are on the car?

I have no idea why it would go backwards (13K to 14K). Are you driving in reverse a lot?
Frogman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-20-2012, 07:11 PM   #3
AntBabeee
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 570
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
It shows in 1,000 mile units until about 3,000 remaining, then decrements in 100's. How many miles are on the car?

I have no idea why it would go backwards (13K to 14K). Are you driving in reverse a lot?
Ahhh ok nice to know that it goes in increments. as for the 13k to 14k. I have no clue. When picked up from dealer it was 13k. Than couple days later I realized it said 14k.

Maybe I was too excited about it and was seeing stuff while at dealer. Unless coding the tire pressure reading to psi resets it.
__________________
F30 BMW 335i M-Sport: Estoril Blue II, 19" Rims, Sports Auto, Premium, Technology, Harmon Kardon, Heated Front Seats, Driver Assistance...
AntBabeee is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #4
Frogman
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Frogman's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 F30 328i
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Southern California

Posts: 1,674
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntBabeee View Post
Ahhh ok nice to know that it goes in increments. as for the 13k to 14k. I have no clue. When picked up from dealer it was 13k. Than couple days later I realized it said 14k.

Maybe I was too excited about it and was seeing stuff while at dealer. Unless coding the tire pressure reading to psi resets it.
I've coded TPMS on at least 12 cars (including mine) and so far and no reports of issues.

My CBO now indicates 2700 miles to go until the oil needs to be changed with 13,200 miles on the ODO, so about a 16K interval.

If you didn't previously code your KOMBI and VO-coding it fixed your clock issue, then I wonder if you have a wonky ECU and it's caused the clock problem and doing strange things to your maintenance interval. Are you running into any other strange things in the car?
Frogman is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      12-20-2012, 08:15 PM   #5
AntBabeee
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 BMW 335i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 570
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2013 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogman View Post
I've coded TPMS on at least 12 cars (including mine) and so far and no reports of issues.

My CBO now indicates 2700 miles to go until the oil needs to be changed with 13,200 miles on the ODO, so about a 16K interval.

If you didn't previously code your KOMBI and VO-coding it fixed your clock issue, then I wonder if you have a wonky ECU and it's caused the clock problem and doing strange things to your maintenance interval. Are you running into any other strange things in the car?
Beside the clock and the 13k-14k nothing that i can think of at the moment. But its been at 14k ever since. hasnt moved up or down.
__________________
F30 BMW 335i M-Sport: Estoril Blue II, 19" Rims, Sports Auto, Premium, Technology, Harmon Kardon, Heated Front Seats, Driver Assistance...
AntBabeee is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:52 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST