F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > M-Sport Fog Lights
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-19-2012, 10:14 PM   #1
chrisv_335EBII
Second Lieutenant
9

 
Drives: 335i 6sp EBII
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Maryland


Posts: 239
iTrader: (0)

M-Sport Fog Lights

Does anyone know if the US M-Sports has the wiring in place for the fog lights so it can be added? I am not sure if there is a pigtail in the wiring harness or not. Same goes for the button to turn them on inside the car. If the harness is the same and includes all the pigtails, it should be a pretty easy install - otherwise - not so much.

Has anyone taken the bumper off and looked? or noticed it when doing something else while the bumper is off? I wanted to ask before I do.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 12:51 AM   #2
NvDiS
New Member
2

 
Drives: BMW 328i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Miami,Fl


Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

Bump curious to know too
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 02:47 AM   #3
Number
60

 
Number's Avatar
 
Drives: ✚
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: ✚ ✚


Posts: 1,233
iTrader: (1)

There might be some coding involved. Because if you just unplug the pigtail harness on a Sport Line, you'll probably get an error. I haven't tried it myself, but I doubt there would be a pigtail just hanging in there on the M-Sports. If I could, I'd give you my Sport Line fogs.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 07:27 PM   #4
nyc4runnin
Lieutenant
United_States
13

 
nyc4runnin's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: New England


Posts: 495
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number View Post
There might be some coding involved. Because if you just unplug the pigtail harness on a Sport Line, you'll probably get an error. I haven't tried it myself, but I doubt there would be a pigtail just hanging in there on the M-Sports. If I could, I'd give you my Sport Line fogs.
that would be an awesome gesture, but i think the op would have to order the euro msport fog lights .... the sport line are a different shape ?
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 11:26 PM   #5
Number
60

 
Number's Avatar
 
Drives: ✚
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: ✚ ✚


Posts: 1,233
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyc4runnin View Post
that would be an awesome gesture, but i think the op would have to order the euro msport fog lights .... the sport line are a different shape ?
Nope. I went from a Sport Line to M-Sport retrofit and I used the same fogs.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 02:02 PM   #6
HenryX
Private First Class
United_States
5

 
Drives: 2013 335i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California


Posts: 106
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number View Post
Nope. I went from a Sport Line to M-Sport retrofit and I used the same fogs.
How difficult was the retrofit from a rating of 0-5 with 5 being most difficult? I am interested in retrofitting my front as well. Also, how much did it cost including paint, etc. Also do you have park distance controls? if so were they hard to integrate with the retrofit?
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 02:36 PM   #7
Number
60

 
Number's Avatar
 
Drives: ✚
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: ✚ ✚


Posts: 1,233
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryX View Post
How difficult was the retrofit from a rating of 0-5 with 5 being most difficult? I am interested in retrofitting my front as well. Also, how much did it cost including paint, etc. Also do you have park distance controls? if so were they hard to integrate with the retrofit?
PM sent.
Appreciate 0
      12-27-2012, 05:23 PM   #8
NvDiS
New Member
2

 
Drives: BMW 328i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Miami,Fl


Posts: 18
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryX View Post
How difficult was the retrofit from a rating of 0-5 with 5 being most difficult? I am interested in retrofitting my front as well. Also, how much did it cost including paint, etc. Also do you have park distance controls? if so were they hard to integrate with the retrofit?


I want to know this too
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:10 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST