F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > BMW Survey Sheet
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-24-2012, 09:14 AM   #1
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
United Kingdom
85
Rep
5,348
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

BMW Survey Sheet

Hi all, I want to make you aware of this mail as you should all get one.
I have outlined the seat problems along with the Sat-Nav joke.
I have added a letter to that effect coupled with the survey report.
The report is "dealer specific" so it was IMC 5* as my dealer is five star.
However the letter outlines BMW's Lack of product " quality control" with respect to Paint finish ( Orange peel and specs under the lacquer )
Seat rust on the frames of new cars and leather stretching/sagging and of course the Sat-Nav problems.
I have suggested that BMW UK refund my 2000.00 for the said Sat-nav as I no longer use or trust it.
I would suggest when your survey arrives you outline any problems ( if you have any ) in a similar letter. J
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 09:31 AM   #2
F30AM
Brigadier General
F30AM's Avatar
United Kingdom
72
Rep
4,238
Posts

 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
Hi all, I want to make you aware of this mail as you should all get one.
I have outlined the seat problems along with the Sat-Nav joke.
I have added a letter to that effect coupled with the survey report.
The report is "dealer specific" so it was IMC 5* as my dealer is five star.
However the letter outlines BMW's Lack of product " quality control" with respect to Paint finish ( Orange peel and specs under the lacquer )
Seat rust on the frames of new cars and leather stretching/sagging and of course the Sat-Nav problems.
I have suggested that BMW UK refund my 2000.00 for the said Sat-nav as I no longer use or trust it.
I would suggest when your survey arrives you outline any problems ( if you have any ) in a similar letter. J
Good one John.

I'll certainly be giving my input. I am pretty upset at present with the dead key fob, the faulty seat base, disappointing sound from DAB (not BMW's fault). As for the Pro Nav, I'm running into some problems myself. But it could be user error in my case.

The supplying dealer has been most helpful so far. I'll soon know if BMW fix my problems under warranty. The key fob they will sort this Friday, but the seat base is probably going to be a bit of a bugger. I am not a happy bunny, to say the least. The W44 car seems perfect, but my W48 car is not.
__________________
Present: Superman 330d sDrive M Sport + Toys (Auto Car: 0-60 in 5.5s, 0-100 in 14.2s, 30-70 in 5.1s)
Ordered: Red Tornado Golf 7R 5 Dr, DSG + Toys (Top Gear: 0-60 in 4.5s, 0-100 in 11.5s, 30-70 in 4.0s)
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 09:37 AM   #3
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
United Kingdom
85
Rep
5,348
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
Good one John.

I'll certainly be giving my input. I am pretty upset at present with the dead key fob, the faulty seat base, disappointing sound from DAB (not BMW's fault). As for the Pro Nav, I'm running into some problems myself. But it could be user error in my case.

The supplying dealer has been most helpful so far. I'll soon know if BMW fix my problems under warranty. The key fob they will sort this Friday, but the seat base is probably going to be a bit of a bugger. I am not a happy bunny, to say the least. The W44 car seems perfect, but my W48 car is not.
Use as much info from the other guys problems as you can, my dealership principle's car has the same sat-nav faults.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #4
NISFAN
Brigadier General
NISFAN's Avatar
England
70
Rep
4,291
Posts

 
Drives: The best kind of F30 :)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bedford UK

iTrader: (0)

John what exactly am I looking for in terms of Sat nav faults? I can't say I have experienced any faults with mine.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 12:46 PM   #5
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
United Kingdom
85
Rep
5,348
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
John what exactly am I looking for in terms of Sat nav faults? I can't say I have experienced any faults with mine.
It will not divert, it can take you on and off the carriageway at the same junction, it can contradict it's self if you have HUD, and some post codes are just not on the system even though the roads are years old.
You may not have driven to problem areas yet, but you will.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 12:49 PM   #6
NISFAN
Brigadier General
NISFAN's Avatar
England
70
Rep
4,291
Posts

 
Drives: The best kind of F30 :)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bedford UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
It will not divert, it can take you on and off the carriageway at the same junction, it can contradict it's self if you have HUD, and some post codes are just not on the system even though the roads are years old.
You may not have driven to problem areas yet, but you will.
Ah ok same as just about all others then?

Do BMW use NAVTEQ mapping?
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 01:07 PM   #7
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
United Kingdom
85
Rep
5,348
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Ah ok same as just about all others then?

Do BMW use NAVTEQ mapping?
YEP they do, and some of the addresses on that are NOT on the car!!!!!!!!!!
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2012, 01:16 PM   #8
NISFAN
Brigadier General
NISFAN's Avatar
England
70
Rep
4,291
Posts

 
Drives: The best kind of F30 :)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bedford UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
YEP they do, and some of the addresses on that are NOT on the car!!!!!!!!!!
Ah OK, maybe BMW are taking a page out of Apple's book and buying old software, lol
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 07:42 AM   #9
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
United Kingdom
85
Rep
5,348
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Sat-Nav update
BMW UK are advising waiting for the next but one software update to fix this problem, that will be approximately 6 months from now, not acceptable for me
I want something done quicker than that.
I love BMW cars but with this "low rent" quality control I am going to move on.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 07:56 AM   #10
dan yeates
New Member
0
Rep
15
Posts

 
Drives: 320d Sport Saloon
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Hampshire, UK

iTrader: (0)

Having only just picked up an F30, what's the issue with sat nav? Ours has been fine so far.
__________________
2004 BMW E85 Z4 3.0 SE with full Sport pack
2012 BMW F30 320d Sport Saloon with Sports Automatic Transmission, M-Sport Adaptive Suspension, Visibility and Professional Media
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 08:30 AM   #11
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
United Kingdom
85
Rep
5,348
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan yeates View Post
Having only just picked up an F30, what's the issue with sat nav? Ours has been fine so far.
Read this and other threads.


http://www.f30post.com/forums/showth...t-Nav+problems
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:02 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST