F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > M Sport front bumper with US Plates
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-02-2012, 07:47 PM   #23
Number
12
 
Number's Avatar
 
Drives: ✚
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: ✚ ✚

Posts: 1,233
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandarakus View Post
Why don't you place the plate on the dashboard? I live in Los Angeles but never get stopped for that
Sorry buddy. You might as well drive with no front plate. Putting it on the dash doesn't count as legal in CA. I've gotten a moving violation and parking violation doing just this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Scott View Post
So you just toss it up there when you street park or do you drive like that?
Street park or moving, it's illegal.
Number is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-03-2012, 02:59 AM   #24
Pandarakus
0
Private
 
Drives: 2012 F30 328i
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Pasadena, CA

Posts: 97
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tremolo View Post
Sorry buddy. You might as well drive with no front plate. Putting it on the dash doesn't count as legal in CA. I've gotten a moving violation and parking violation doing just this.



Street park or moving, it's illegal.
I drive it around like that bro. Who cares about whether it's legal or not as long as your car looks good and you don't get stopped. I've been driving around like that for the past couple of months and it seems fine. Also, my friend has 3 cars, been driving her lancer, cayman and lambo gallardo for a long time without front plate, but place it on the dashboard instead like I do. She never got stopped . I don't know how things work out there in NY but in Los Angeles, dashboard plate seems fine.
Pandarakus is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-03-2012, 12:03 PM   #25
Cyberdemon
7
Captain
 
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Long Island NY

Posts: 796
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandarakus View Post
I drive it around like that bro. Who cares about whether it's legal or not as long as your car looks good and you don't get stopped. I've been driving around like that for the past couple of months and it seems fine. Also, my friend has 3 cars, been driving her lancer, cayman and lambo gallardo for a long time without front plate, but place it on the dashboard instead like I do. She never got stopped . I don't know how things work out there in NY but in Los Angeles, dashboard plate seems fine.
In NY a dashboard plate is just a sign that says "Hey I have no front plate".

It's also insanely dangerous in a crash.

I went with an offset plate holder, it's giving me some issues with the PDC (sometimes the PDC sees it and screeches at you, sometimes it doesn't) I'll post some pictures when the mess around here subsides.
__________________
2013 335i M Sport /// Alpine White/Coral Red
Cyberdemon is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-03-2012, 12:30 PM   #26
rjc32000
3
First Lieutenant
 
rjc32000's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 M Sport X Drive
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Alaska

Posts: 317
iTrader: (0)

Because a paper thin piece of stiff metal flying around the cabin is not optimal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandarakus View Post
Why don't you place the plate on the dashboard? I live in Los Angeles but never get stopped for that
rjc32000 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-03-2012, 07:11 PM   #27
ocso1606
5
Lieutenant
 
ocso1606's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 335i M
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Syracuse,NY

Posts: 531
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 BMW 525xi  [0.00]
2010 Volvo  [0.00]
2013 BMW 335i M-Sport  [0.00]
I refuse to put it on! Not drilling holes in my bumper.
__________________
2013 335i M-Sport, Alpine White, Red Coral Leather, 6SP M/T, 403m 19" wheels, M- Suspension, CWP, M-Performance Exhaust, M-Performance Power Pack!
ocso1606 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2012, 09:42 PM   #28
azzurro
3
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Del Mar, CA

Posts: 398
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocso1606 View Post
I refuse to put it on! Not drilling holes in my bumper.
Have you seen the retractable front license plate mount. Do a Google search. It's pretty cool.
azzurro is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-06-2012, 11:15 PM   #29
CFF30
0
New Member
 
Drives: BMW F30 335iX m sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: NY

Posts: 10
iTrader: (0)

i live in ny and just got an m sport 335i. even my dealer tells me not to put my front plates on. it will take away from your car appeals. most state trooper who owns bmw do not put their front plates on.
CFF30 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      11-07-2012, 09:03 AM   #30
Cyberdemon
7
Captain
 
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Long Island NY

Posts: 796
iTrader: (0)

I actually pulled my tow hook bracket off yesterday and forgot to take a picture...the beeping with the PDC was pissing me off.
__________________
2013 335i M Sport /// Alpine White/Coral Red
Cyberdemon is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-24-2012, 11:27 PM   #31
Roki_014
12
Major
 
Drives: 2014 335i
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: chicago

Posts: 1,231
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandarakus View Post
Why don't you place the plate on the dashboard? I live in Los Angeles but never get stopped for that
Got a ticket last nite for not having a plate, asked him if i could have it on the dashboard and he said no
Roki_014 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-25-2012, 12:03 AM   #32
soolman32
1
Private First Class
 
soolman32's Avatar
 
Drives: Current: G37 / Soon: F30 335i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: US

Posts: 160
iTrader: (0)

Or you could go for one of these Customeuropeanplates.com type in your correct info. It may or may not fly but you're less likely to get pulled since you have a plate and it is the correct info
soolman32 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-26-2012, 10:13 PM   #33
Cyberdemon
7
Captain
 
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Long Island NY

Posts: 796
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soolman32 View Post
Or you could go for one of these Customeuropeanplates.com type in your correct info. It may or may not fly but you're less likely to get pulled since you have a plate and it is the correct info
That's not true...with a Euro plate you're even more blatant about not displaying the correct plates. To a cop a fancy euro plate is no better than a post it note with your license # written on it.

In NY they used to make it a point to pull people with those over.
__________________
2013 335i M Sport /// Alpine White/Coral Red
Cyberdemon is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-26-2012, 10:26 PM   #34
soolman32
1
Private First Class
 
soolman32's Avatar
 
Drives: Current: G37 / Soon: F30 335i
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: US

Posts: 160
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberdemon View Post
That's not true...with a Euro plate you're even more blatant about not displaying the correct plates. To a cop a fancy euro plate is no better than a post it note with your license # written on it.

In NY they used to make it a point to pull people with those over.
that could very well be. I'm in MN... Still illegal to have no front plate but they are definitely more lenient. I'll probably go with no plate since that's what's i've been doing on my current car for the last 3 years.
soolman32 is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #35
azzurro
3
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Del Mar, CA

Posts: 398
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandarakus View Post
Why don't you place the plate on the dashboard? I live in Los Angeles but never get stopped for that
You might as well just take the front plate out of the window because it's not going to save you from a ticket in LA. Having the plate in the window isn't legal.
azzurro is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:09 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST