F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Boot floor storage net
Extreme Power House
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-25-2012, 04:00 PM   #1
F30AM
Brigadier General
F30AM's Avatar
United Kingdom
71
Rep
4,228
Posts

 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London, UK

iTrader: (0)

Boot floor storage net

Can this be bought as a separate item, please?
It's part of the storage pack.
__________________
Present: Superman 330d sDrive M Sport + Toys (Auto Car: 0-60 in 5.5s, 0-100 in 14.2s, 30-70 in 5.1s)
Ordered: Red Tornado Golf 7R 5 Dr, DSG + Toys (Top Gear: 0-60 in 4.5s, 0-100 in 11.5s, 30-70 in 4.0s)
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 06:07 PM   #2
RichardM
Lieutenant Colonel
England
21
Rep
1,584
Posts

 
Drives: F31 335D M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Herts UK

iTrader: (1)

I didn't get one as part of the storage pack on the touring even though the brochure suggested I should. Anyone else?
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #3
NISFAN
Brigadier General
NISFAN's Avatar
England
67
Rep
4,258
Posts

 
Drives: The best kind of F30 :)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bedford UK

iTrader: (0)

Do you have the slots for the net?

BMW Net on ebay

Richard, I thought ALL 3 series with extended storage came with the net. You need to ask the dealer.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 06:51 PM   #4
claykin
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
26
Rep
1,911
Posts

 
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Florida

iTrader: (0)

Mine came with the net and tie downs in the boot floor. That's BMWNA. I typically get LCI cars and in the past BMWNA deleted the boot net for LCI models. Not this time.
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2012, 08:42 PM   #5
RichardM
Lieutenant Colonel
England
21
Rep
1,584
Posts

 
Drives: F31 335D M-Sport
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Herts UK

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Do you have the slots for the net?

BMW Net on ebay

Richard, I thought ALL 3 series with extended storage came with the net. You need to ask the dealer.
Would be good if anyone else with a touring and the extended storage pack could confirm if they have the net for the boot floor? I do have the dividers which may replace the net.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 03:50 AM   #6
F30AM
Brigadier General
F30AM's Avatar
United Kingdom
71
Rep
4,228
Posts

 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Do you have the slots for the net?

BMW Net on ebay

Richard, I thought ALL 3 series with extended storage came with the net. You need to ask the dealer.
Thanks for the link.
I did not order the Extended Storage Package as I felt it was overpriced. All I want is the boot floor net.
I have no slots for the net on the boot floor. It's such a useful feature as one can just shove all the food shopping under and stop it from moving around. I have this on my Golf.
I presume I'll have to change the boot floor for one with slots, or, can these slots be retro-fitted?
I'll ask the dealer tomorrow.
__________________
Present: Superman 330d sDrive M Sport + Toys (Auto Car: 0-60 in 5.5s, 0-100 in 14.2s, 30-70 in 5.1s)
Ordered: Red Tornado Golf 7R 5 Dr, DSG + Toys (Top Gear: 0-60 in 4.5s, 0-100 in 11.5s, 30-70 in 4.0s)
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 06:23 AM   #7
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
United Kingdom
85
Rep
5,339
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardM View Post
I didn't get one as part of the storage pack on the touring even though the brochure suggested I should. Anyone else?
Me neither
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 06:32 AM   #8
F30AM
Brigadier General
F30AM's Avatar
United Kingdom
71
Rep
4,228
Posts

 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnbmw6 View Post
Me neither
I need to buy one. Does it come with the fixing tags or do I have to change the boot floor for one with the tags in situ?
__________________
Present: Superman 330d sDrive M Sport + Toys (Auto Car: 0-60 in 5.5s, 0-100 in 14.2s, 30-70 in 5.1s)
Ordered: Red Tornado Golf 7R 5 Dr, DSG + Toys (Top Gear: 0-60 in 4.5s, 0-100 in 11.5s, 30-70 in 4.0s)
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 06:38 AM   #9
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
United Kingdom
85
Rep
5,339
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
I need to buy one. Does it come with the fixing tags or do I have to change the boot floor for one with the tags in situ?
I have the boot liner and under the floor the bracket adjustable thing, but thats it, no idea about the net, there is a net on the rear seat back which goes up into the roof on mine.
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 06:40 AM   #10
MarkW83
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
10
Rep
472
Posts

 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

I got the Comfort Pack (inc extended storage) on my F30, and DID get the net. It was in a plastic bag under the boot floor...
__________________
F30 330d M Sport Mineral Grey / Coral Red
Pro Nav/Visibility Pack/Comfort Pack/Harman Kardon/Head-Up Display/Electric Seats/Comfort Access/Adaptive Suspension...
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 07:00 AM   #11
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
JOHNBMWM5's Avatar
United Kingdom
85
Rep
5,339
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M6 GC CP
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkW83 View Post
I got the Comfort Pack (inc extended storage) on my F30, and DID get the net. It was in a plastic bag under the boot floor...
I just checked under the floor "nada", not that I would probably use it but will check with the spec on BMWvin.com
__________________
Live for now, life is too short.
2015 M6 GC with CP Alpine & Sakhir
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 10:12 AM   #12
NISFAN
Brigadier General
NISFAN's Avatar
England
67
Rep
4,258
Posts

 
Drives: The best kind of F30 :)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bedford UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
I need to buy one. Does it come with the fixing tags or do I have to change the boot floor for one with the tags in situ?
You need the boot floor with tags, I doubt it is a retro fit.

Must say the net is very handy. I use it all the time, and find myself putting stuff that would normally sit in the footwell in the boot now. Brilliant!!!
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 10:21 AM   #13
F30AM
Brigadier General
F30AM's Avatar
United Kingdom
71
Rep
4,228
Posts

 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
You need the boot floor with tags, I doubt it is a retro fit.

Must say the net is very handy. I use it all the time, and find myself putting stuff that would normally sit in the footwell in the boot now. Brilliant!!!
Can one order the tagged boot floor from BMW as an item when one orders the net? What's its cost, please?
Perhaps I'll try and get one FOC due to the faults on my car!
__________________
Present: Superman 330d sDrive M Sport + Toys (Auto Car: 0-60 in 5.5s, 0-100 in 14.2s, 30-70 in 5.1s)
Ordered: Red Tornado Golf 7R 5 Dr, DSG + Toys (Top Gear: 0-60 in 4.5s, 0-100 in 11.5s, 30-70 in 4.0s)
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 10:30 AM   #14
NISFAN
Brigadier General
NISFAN's Avatar
England
67
Rep
4,258
Posts

 
Drives: The best kind of F30 :)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bedford UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
Can one order the tagged boot floor from BMW as an item when one orders the net? What's its cost, please?
Perhaps I'll try and get one FOC due to the faults on my car!
Not sure matey. I would think you could. Paying for it after the fact would be quite pricey?? Extended storage was only a 135 option.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 10:45 AM   #15
F30AM
Brigadier General
F30AM's Avatar
United Kingdom
71
Rep
4,228
Posts

 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
Not sure matey. I would think you could. Paying for it after the fact would be quite pricey?? Extended storage was only a 135 option.
I know now it is 135. I originally read it as 435! So I did not order it. Daft git!

I'll get my pals at Auto Audio, Park Royal, London to tag my floor. I'll buy the net on eBay for 39.95 + postage. They re-trim Rolls Royces, Ferraris, Lambos etc, so a lowly BMW should be no problem!

I might even get them to fix my seat. They do some incredible leather re-trims on seats.
__________________
Present: Superman 330d sDrive M Sport + Toys (Auto Car: 0-60 in 5.5s, 0-100 in 14.2s, 30-70 in 5.1s)
Ordered: Red Tornado Golf 7R 5 Dr, DSG + Toys (Top Gear: 0-60 in 4.5s, 0-100 in 11.5s, 30-70 in 4.0s)
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 11:14 AM   #16
NISFAN
Brigadier General
NISFAN's Avatar
England
67
Rep
4,258
Posts

 
Drives: The best kind of F30 :)
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Bedford UK

iTrader: (0)

I'll have a look for a label with part number for the floor. I suspect you'll struggle with getting the right tag receptacles to go with the BMW net.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 11:20 AM   #17
F30AM
Brigadier General
F30AM's Avatar
United Kingdom
71
Rep
4,228
Posts

 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NISFAN View Post
I'll have a look for a label with part number for the floor. I suspect you'll struggle with getting the right tag receptacles to go with the BMW net.
Thanks NISFAN. Most appreciative.
__________________
Present: Superman 330d sDrive M Sport + Toys (Auto Car: 0-60 in 5.5s, 0-100 in 14.2s, 30-70 in 5.1s)
Ordered: Red Tornado Golf 7R 5 Dr, DSG + Toys (Top Gear: 0-60 in 4.5s, 0-100 in 11.5s, 30-70 in 4.0s)
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 01:55 PM   #18
TMP
Colonel
TMP's Avatar
United Kingdom
60
Rep
2,882
Posts

 
Drives: M135i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cheshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
Thanks for the link.
I did not order the Extended Storage Package as I felt it was overpriced. All I want is the boot floor net.
I have no slots for the net on the boot floor. It's such a useful feature as one can just shove all the food shopping under and stop it from moving around. I have this on my Golf.
I presume I'll have to change the boot floor for one with slots, or, can these slots be retro-fitted?
I'll ask the dealer tomorrow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
Thanks NISFAN. Most appreciative.
let me know how you get on. I had the boot latches standard on the 330d, but of course in the name of cost saving the 1er doesn't...just rust
__________________
M-Lite v2 & Family 5er v2
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #19
F30AM
Brigadier General
F30AM's Avatar
United Kingdom
71
Rep
4,228
Posts

 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMP View Post
let me know how you get on. I had the boot latches standard on the 330d, but of course in the name of cost saving the 1er doesn't...just rust
I just checked my boot floor. There are 2 hooks at one end and 2 hooks at the other but no latches on the boot floor itself.

On the GTI, the luggage net hooks on to 4 hooks at the 4 corners of the boot. So no need for latches.

I'll check with the dealer tomorrow if I can buy these separately. Nothing is simple, is it?

Sorry to hear about your rusty seat bases. You must be so upset, nay angry and disappointed. It could cross my mind under such circumstances of returning the car. But thankfully it will be fixed. However, make sure thay don't bugger the fit of the leather. BMW quality eh, or lack of it. Shocking.
__________________
Present: Superman 330d sDrive M Sport + Toys (Auto Car: 0-60 in 5.5s, 0-100 in 14.2s, 30-70 in 5.1s)
Ordered: Red Tornado Golf 7R 5 Dr, DSG + Toys (Top Gear: 0-60 in 4.5s, 0-100 in 11.5s, 30-70 in 4.0s)
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 02:50 PM   #20
TMP
Colonel
TMP's Avatar
United Kingdom
60
Rep
2,882
Posts

 
Drives: M135i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cheshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
I just checked my boot floor. There are 2 hooks at one end and 2 hooks at the other but no latches on the boot floor itself.

On the GTI, the luggage net hooks on to 4 hooks at the 4 corners of the boot. So no need for latches.

I'll check with the dealer tomorrow if I can buy these separately. Nothing is simple, is it?

Sorry to hear about your rusty seat bases. You must be so upset, nay angry and disappointed. It could cross my mind under such circumstances of returning the car. But thankfully it will be fixed. However, make sure thay don't bugger the fit of the leather. BMW quality eh, or lack of it. Shocking.
Great minds.....I am actually in the process of returning the car if I dont get compensation! So so shocked at having rust on a new 38k car

I just cant believe that I cant fit the net without drilling into the boot! double
__________________
M-Lite v2 & Family 5er v2
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 03:12 PM   #21
F30AM
Brigadier General
F30AM's Avatar
United Kingdom
71
Rep
4,228
Posts

 
Drives: F30 330d M Sport sDrive
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: London, UK

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMP View Post
Great minds.....I am actually in the process of returning the car if I dont get compensation! So so shocked at having rust on a new 38k car

I just cant believe that I cant fit the net without drilling into the boot! double
It is pretty shocking IMO.

My two faults are also doing my head-in. It is all so inconvenient and unnecessary and all due to BMW's lack of quality control.

Now I have to give the car in for a whole day to get the spare dead fob re-coded. If this is not possible, then a new one will need to be ordered.
The driver's seat base leather is so badly fitted, that a moron would have picked this up. Both BMW and the dealership are culpable.

I need that boot floor net to get fixed somehow. I've emailed the eSeller and asked him to source some latches. Let's see what he comes up with.
__________________
Present: Superman 330d sDrive M Sport + Toys (Auto Car: 0-60 in 5.5s, 0-100 in 14.2s, 30-70 in 5.1s)
Ordered: Red Tornado Golf 7R 5 Dr, DSG + Toys (Top Gear: 0-60 in 4.5s, 0-100 in 11.5s, 30-70 in 4.0s)
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2012, 06:06 PM   #22
TMP
Colonel
TMP's Avatar
United Kingdom
60
Rep
2,882
Posts

 
Drives: M135i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Cheshire

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30AM View Post
It is pretty shocking IMO.

My two faults are also doing my head-in. It is all so inconvenient and unnecessary and all due to BMW's lack of quality control.

Now I have to give the car in for a whole day to get the spare dead fob re-coded. If this is not possible, then a new one will need to be ordered.
The driver's seat base leather is so badly fitted, that a moron would have picked this up. Both BMW and the dealership are culpable.

I need that boot floor net to get fixed somehow. I've emailed the eSeller and asked him to source some latches. Let's see what he comes up with.
Yeah, be good to know about the latches - although where do they attach to?

A whole days to program a fob? jeezo.....yes saw your thread about seat bases thats bad.....
__________________
M-Lite v2 & Family 5er v2
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:04 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST