F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > BMW F30 3 Series Coding DIY - Code Auto Start Stop, DVD, Folding Mirrors, Etc.
jb4store
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-29-2012, 02:22 PM   #1563
dos1973
0
Private
 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Germany

Posts: 52
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Good deal.

So now you use the White Apple Y-Cable or not though?
Yes... only the white apple cable
dos1973 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-29-2012, 02:58 PM   #1564
dos1973
0
Private
 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Germany

Posts: 52
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dos1973 View Post
Yes... only the white apple cable
and cover also are displayed ;-)
dos1973 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-29-2012, 04:24 PM   #1565
clarence
15
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 1,544
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
So, it sure seems like it to me that he has 6NH and Combox.
So wht's the point of 6NK w/609 (i.e. combox in the boot) when they can just code the CIC from factory w/all the features of 6NK?
clarence is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-29-2012, 04:27 PM   #1566
clarence
15
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 1,544
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dos1973 View Post


now I have all features i wanted
Can u take out the boot floor covering & see if u have a silver rectangular box on the left hand side of ur fusebox?
clarence is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-29-2012, 04:34 PM   #1567
shawnsheridan
49
Brigadier General
 
shawnsheridan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 4,667
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
So wht's the point of 6NK w/609 (i.e. combox in the boot) when they can just code the CIC from factory w/all the features of 6NK?
I have no idea. I just know his VO has only 6NH and 609, yet he has Combox in SVT that he coded.

I think 6NH without NAV gets you HU_ENTRY Head Unit and no Combox, and 6NH with NAV gets you HU_CICHB and Combox.

The Combox must be needed to support 609 so they include it, but they don't enable the enhanced BT functions since one is not paying the premium for 6NK.
shawnsheridan is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-29-2012, 04:45 PM   #1568
dos1973
0
Private
 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Germany

Posts: 52
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
Can u take out the boot floor covering & see if u have a silver rectangular box on the left hand side of ur fusebox?
sorry, please easy english... i'm german ;-)
this means I don't understand what to do for you
dos1973 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-29-2012, 04:57 PM   #1569
demge01
1
Private First Class
 
demge01's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 320ed
Join Date: May 2012
Location: United Kingdom

Posts: 145
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
I have no idea. I just know his VO has only 6NH and 609, yet he has Combox in SVT that he coded.

I think 6NH without NAV gets you HU_ENTRY Head Unit and no Combox, and 6NH with NAV gets you HU_CICHB and Combox.

The Combox must be needed to support 609 so they include it, but they don't enable the enhanced BT functions since one is not paying the premium for 6NK.
I have HU_CICHB but no NAV and have 6NH.
I have no COMBOX in the boot or MEDIA/COMBOX module in my CAF list...

demge01 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-29-2012, 05:05 PM   #1570
shawnsheridan
49
Brigadier General
 
shawnsheridan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 4,667
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by demge01 View Post
I have HU_CICHB but no NAV and have 6NH.
I have no COMBOX in the boot or MEDIA/COMBOX module in my CAF list...

Ok. So you then can have HU_ENTRY or HU_CICHB with no NAV, and no Combox, but add NAV, and you get Combox it seems, and NAV also may require HU_CICHB upgrade.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
shawnsheridan is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2012, 12:10 AM   #1571
ewill858
0
New Member
 
Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 26
iTrader: (0)

First time coder here, and I'd appreciate any advice regarding the following:

I was successfully able to code several CAFD modules, but encountered both "Adaptive headlight malfunction" and "Active Blind Spot Malfunction" errors when writing my changes to the FEM_BODY module. These included the folding mirrors and unlock doors features.

I tried resetting the FEM_BODY to the default (via the "code" option on the ECU), and re-coding the changes, but the malfunctions occurred again.

Has anyone encountered these errors? I haven't had the chance to see if these errors manifest themselves as real issues in actual driving, but it's a bit unnerving seeing these.

On a related note, is it generally acceptable to change several settings within a CAFD at a time, and then write the changes together? Do I need to turn off/on the car between writes? I'm wondering if my problems were the result of trying to change too many things simultaneously.

Thanks!
ewill858 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2012, 12:17 AM   #1572
shawnsheridan
49
Brigadier General
 
shawnsheridan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 4,667
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewill858 View Post
First time coder here, and I'd appreciate any advice regarding the following:

I was successfully able to code several CAFD modules, but encountered both "Adaptive headlight malfunction" and "Active Blind Spot Malfunction" errors when writing my changes to the FEM_BODY module. These included the folding mirrors and unlock doors features.

I tried resetting the FEM_BODY to the default (via the "code" option on the ECU), and re-coding the changes, but the malfunctions occurred again.

Has anyone encountered these errors? I haven't had the chance to see if these errors manifest themselves as real issues in actual driving, but it's a bit unnerving seeing these.

On a related note, is it generally acceptable to change several settings within a CAFD at a time, and then write the changes together? Do I need to turn off/on the car between writes? I'm wondering if my problems were the result of trying to change too many things simultaneously.

Thanks!
Generally, if the FDL Codes are know to me and proven to work, I make all the FDL Changes for the whole module, and then write them all at once.

If I am testing unknown or unproven FDL Codes, then I do only at one at a time to see the impact of just that single FDL Code.

So are all your errors cleared now, or do you still have problems?
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
shawnsheridan is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2012, 12:51 AM   #1573
clarence
15
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: F30 328i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Hong Kong

Posts: 1,544
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dos1973 View Post
sorry, please easy english... i'm german ;-)
this means I don't understand what to do for you
Entfernen Sie bitte die Kofferraumboden, Sie haben eine silberne kasten neben dem Sicherungskasten?
clarence is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2012, 12:52 AM   #1574
ewill858
0
New Member
 
Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 26
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Generally, if the FDL Codes are know to me and proven to work, I make all the FDL Changes for the whole module, and then write them all at once.

If I am testing unknown or unproven FDL Codes, then I do only at one at a time to see the impact of just that single FDL Code.

So are all your errors cleared now, or do you still have problems?
Appreciate the quick reply, Shawn! I went out to try again, but now e-sys can't read the VIN from the car. I tried restarting the car/laptop but still no luck. The ZGW_SEARCH tool shows the same loss of communication. I double-checked my homemade cable and all the solder joints still look solid, so I'm a bit at a loss, since everything was communicating fine earlier this evening.

Has anyone ever encountered a sudden loss of communications with e-sys, and then found a way to get it to work again? BTW, I'm on Windows 7/64. I saw some posts about compatibility issues, but I never saw any problems. I've been running all apps "as administrator".

Thanks!
ewill858 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2012, 01:34 AM   #1575
ewill858
0
New Member
 
Drives: 2013 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 26
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewill858 View Post
Appreciate the quick reply, Shawn! I went out to try again, but now e-sys can't read the VIN from the car. I tried restarting the car/laptop but still no luck. The ZGW_SEARCH tool shows the same loss of communication. I double-checked my homemade cable and all the solder joints still look solid, so I'm a bit at a loss, since everything was communicating fine earlier this evening.

Has anyone ever encountered a sudden loss of communications with e-sys, and then found a way to get it to work again? BTW, I'm on Windows 7/64. I saw some posts about compatibility issues, but I never saw any problems. I've been running all apps "as administrator".

Thanks!
Update: Rebooted PC, disabled as many background apps as possible, and waited after connecting ENET cable until it was done "thinking" about the connection, and communications are up again.
I'm still seeing the Adaptive headlight / Active Blind Spot Detection Malfunctions upon coding the FEM_BODY modules.

The thing that is concerning me at this stage is that even when I reset the module (by applying "code" to the ECU), I still see one or both malfunctions upon completion of the code.

Additional information: I'm coding an F30/335i M-sport with ZDA

One more question: if I want to try restoring all my changes, is there a convenient way to do this efficiently? Or do I have to apply "code" to each ECU that has changed?

Thanks!
ewill858 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2012, 10:00 AM   #1576
shawnsheridan
49
Brigadier General
 
shawnsheridan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 4,667
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewill858 View Post
Update: Rebooted PC, disabled as many background apps as possible, and waited after connecting ENET cable until it was done "thinking" about the connection, and communications are up again.
I'm still seeing the Adaptive headlight / Active Blind Spot Detection Malfunctions upon coding the FEM_BODY modules.

The thing that is concerning me at this stage is that even when I reset the module (by applying "code" to the ECU), I still see one or both malfunctions upon completion of the code.

Additional information: I'm coding an F30/335i M-sport with ZDA

One more question: if I want to try restoring all my changes, is there a convenient way to do this efficiently? Or do I have to apply "code" to each ECU that has changed?

Thanks!
You can VO Code the entire SVT in one shot. See my post here:

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showpo...postcount=1498

If you have residual errors on you car, you can use Tool32 to try and clear them. See my post here:

http://www.f30post.com/forums/showpo...postcount=1262
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
shawnsheridan is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2012, 10:30 PM   #1577
MacRed335i
2
Second Lieutenant
 
MacRed335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Denver

Posts: 281
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
Ok. So you then can have HU_ENTRY or HU_CICHB with no NAV, and no Combox, but add NAV, and you get Combox it seems, and NAV also may require HU_CICHB upgrade.
Shawnsheridan, Can you please PM me the link for the E-Sys program.

Thanks!..
MacRed335i is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-30-2012, 10:42 PM   #1578
shawnsheridan
49
Brigadier General
 
shawnsheridan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 4,667
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacRed335i View Post
Shawnsheridan, Can you please PM me the link for the E-Sys program.

Thanks!..
PM sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
shawnsheridan is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2012, 12:48 AM   #1579
johnnytyler24
0
New Member
 
Drives: BMW 3-series
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Madison

Posts: 10
iTrader: (0)

Shawn could you please PM me the E-sys file and latest data files. Thanks.
johnnytyler24 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2012, 07:31 AM   #1580
shawnsheridan
49
Brigadier General
 
shawnsheridan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 4,667
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnytyler24 View Post
Shawn could you please PM me the E-sys file and latest data files. Thanks.
PM sent.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
shawnsheridan is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2012, 02:25 PM   #1581
dos1973
0
Private
 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Germany

Posts: 52
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarence View Post
Can u take out the boot floor covering & see if u have a silver rectangular box on the left hand side of ur fusebox?
Yes, I have one...
Attached Images
 
dos1973 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2012, 02:39 PM   #1582
shawnsheridan
49
Brigadier General
 
shawnsheridan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 4,667
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dos1973 View Post
Yes, I have one...
And that my friend is a HARMAN ECE BMW Combox Blutooth Module, P/N 9 257 150-01.

So, now we know your E-Sys SVT wasn't lying to you.

You have 6NH Bluetooth Basic and a Combox.
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
shawnsheridan is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2012, 02:57 PM   #1583
dos1973
0
Private
 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Germany

Posts: 52
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
And that my friend is a HARMAN ECE BMW Combox Blutooth Module, P/N 9 257 150-01.

So, now we know your E-Sys SVT wasn't lying to you.

You have 6NH Bluetooth Basic and a Combox.

is this the same, as when i would have ordered the extenden BT?
This means all feture of the exteneded bT would be codable?
actually Office function should work also with this? isnt't it
dos1973 is offline  
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
      12-31-2012, 03:04 PM   #1584
shawnsheridan
49
Brigadier General
 
shawnsheridan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 535i M-Sport
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 4,667
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by dos1973 View Post
is this the same, as when i would have ordered the extenden BT?
This means all feture of the exteneded bT would be codable?
actually Office function should work also with this? isnt't it
This is the same Combox unit that comes with 6NK, so you should be able to code Office as well. Of course you will need a phone that supports Bluetooth Message Access Profile (MAP).
__________________

- 2011 535i M-Sport (Born 10/10) - AW/BLK/DW - /ZMP (w/ARS, EDC, DHP, & AD) /ZPP /ZP2 (w/ZPS & ZPT) /ZCV (w/SCAD) /6FL /6VC
- Mods - M5 343M 20" Forged Wheels / 6WB MFID / 2TB SAT / 4U1 Ceramic / 6NR Apps / PDV 5k Fogs / Rear Fogs / Euro Tail Lights / Cyba Quad Tips
shawnsheridan is offline   United_States
Appreciate 0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
3 series coding, 3 series f30, 3 series f30 coding, 3 series f30 forum, 3 series forum, 3-series forum, 5 series f10 coding, ass, ass disable, auto start stop, auto start stop disable, bmw 3 series coding, bmw 3 series f30, bmw 3 series forum, bmw 3-series f30, bmw 3-series forum, bmw 5 series coding, bmw auto start stop disable, bmw auto start stop disabling, bmw coding, bmw coding directions, bmw coding diy, bmw coding instructions, bmw diy, bmw diy forum, bmw f10 coding, bmw f30, bmw f30 3 series, bmw f30 3-series, bmw f30 coding, bmw f30 forum, coding 3 series, coding f30, coding f30 3 series, disable ass, disable auto start stop, disable bmw auto start stop, disabling auto start stop, disabling bmw auto start stop, f10 5 series coding, f10 coding, f30 3 series, f30 3 series coding, f30 3 series forum, f30 3-series, f30 3-series forum, f30 coding, f30 forum, f30 forums

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:31 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST