F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > OEM M-sport bumper retrofit
GTB Performance
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-31-2012, 06:07 AM   #111
linhperfume
Private First Class
Vietnam
16

 
linhperfume's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 2011 528i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hochiminh City, Vietnam


Posts: 101
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to linhperfume Send a message via Yahoo to linhperfume
I mean GTM_Challange
__________________
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 01:59 PM   #112
jbass524
Captain
36

 
Drives: 1995 E36 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Norcal


Posts: 983
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by linhperfume View Post
Dont trust this seller. I have very bad experience buying 2 sets of m-sport body kit for F30 from him.

The first set, after 3 months, with alot of promises, after giving me tracking number, all I received was the rocket panels only. 1-2 weeks later, got the front & rear bumper, but alot of small parts like front & rear reflectors missing.

The big problem is I buy for customers, to sell, not for personal use.

The 2nd set, never shipped, My friend in US helped to call them, but got promises from them again.

They promised to refund me, but after weeks, money never arrived back
Keep away from them or you will lose money.
Thank you for the info. I was about to pull the trigger on the kit but will go with another vendor. I think Get BMW Parts has the same deal and they've been servicing this community for a long time: http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 02:25 PM   #113
GTM_Challenge
United_States
180

 
GTM_Challenge's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3,X5M,F30 335
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago


Posts: 2,794
iTrader: (7)

Send a message via AIM to GTM_Challenge
Quote:
Originally Posted by linhperfume View Post
Dont trust this seller. I have very bad experience buying 2 sets of m-sport body kit for F30 from him.

The first set, after 3 months, with alot of promises, after giving me tracking number, all I received was the rocket panels only. 1-2 weeks later, got the front & rear bumper, but alot of small parts like front & rear reflectors missing.

The big problem is I buy for customers, to sell, not for personal use.

The 2nd set, never shipped, My friend in US helped to call them, but got promises from them again.

They promised to refund me, but after weeks, money never arrived back
Keep away from them or you will lose money.

We also had problems with your delayed payment and had to cancel parts with BMW and then order again because of this. Your previous wheel orders were processed and shipped promptly and given special prcing. Your canceled order will be refunded as soon as we get our refund from the dealer for the canceled parts and can deposit to paypal as noted in emails.

Any missing parts i will be sure to get to you as there is no intent to short you at all.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2012, 09:08 PM   #114
linhperfume
Private First Class
Vietnam
16

 
linhperfume's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 2011 528i
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hochiminh City, Vietnam


Posts: 101
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to linhperfume Send a message via Yahoo to linhperfume
I will printscreen my emails conversation with you and posted up here more details. So members here will get more infor about your service.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2013, 08:44 PM   #115
fotios335i
Major General
United_States
226

 
fotios335i's Avatar
 
Drives: 12 BSM F30 sport/msport 335i
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: cape cod MA


Posts: 6,769
iTrader: (61)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryX View Post
So someone enlighten me. Is this picture showing all it takes to do the retrofit? Any extra screws / brackets? Is it possible to DIY this project?

Also, the M-Performance Front Bumper Retrofit Kit that costs $900 MSRP, word on the forums is that it excludes the actual bumper? Can anyone confirm what the heck the kit contains? The part number is 51952318192

Thanks in advance.
It comes with all necessary parts but its 1077 on getbmwparts for cars with fog lights. There was over 22 pieces that came with it. A whole box full of parts including the bumper. Got side skirts too.
__________________

2012 335i sport to full Msport, M adaptive and vss, sport 8 AT, fully loaded, Black saphire, black dakota leather, mperformance carbon interior with shifter, M performance grills, rear spoiler, front splitter, side sill extensions, MPPK, MPE exhaust, morr alloys vs8.2's with michelin pss, p3 gauge, msport wheel, etc, etc
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2013, 02:04 PM   #116
GTM_Challenge
United_States
180

 
GTM_Challenge's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3,X5M,F30 335
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chicago


Posts: 2,794
iTrader: (7)

Send a message via AIM to GTM_Challenge
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryX View Post
So someone enlighten me. Is this picture showing all it takes to do the retrofit? Any extra screws / brackets? Is it possible to DIY this project?

Also, the M-Performance Front Bumper Retrofit Kit that costs $900 MSRP, word on the forums is that it excludes the actual bumper? Can anyone confirm what the heck the kit contains? The part number is 51952318192

Thanks in advance.
Everything in the photo is whats needed to swap over. Any other bolts and nuts etc are re-used from your current bumper
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 07:49 AM   #117
SJ00
Major
Australia
41

 
SJ00's Avatar
 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gold Coast


Posts: 1,279
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by linhperfume View Post
I will printscreen my emails conversation with you and posted up here more details. So members here will get more infor about your service.
? bump
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 12:30 PM   #118
jbass524
Captain
36

 
Drives: 1995 E36 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Norcal


Posts: 983
iTrader: (2)

I'm ordering my M-sport as soon as my KW V3s are shipped from Germany. I'll throw my APEX EC-7 wheels on at the same time. Can't wait.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 06:24 AM   #119
F555
Captain
Indonesia
14

 
F555's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 - 335i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Indonesia


Posts: 639
iTrader: (0)

after 3 months of patiently waiting... all my m-sport retrofit parts finally arrive...
this thing is hard to get.
funny that the m-performance parts arrived first since 2 months ago & it took 2 more months to get the rest of the retrofit.
getting it paint & install tomorow.
will post pic when it's done.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 06:27 AM   #120
SJ00
Major
Australia
41

 
SJ00's Avatar
 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gold Coast


Posts: 1,279
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F555 View Post
after 3 months of patiently waiting... all my m-sport retrofit parts finally arrive...
this thing is hard to get.
funny that the m-performance parts arrived first since 2 months ago & it took 2 more months to get the rest of the retrofit.
getting it paint & install tomorow.
will post pic when it's done.
congratulations
are you getting the job done through your dealer or a local body shop?
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 10:04 AM   #121
prestonf30
Lieutenant
21

 
Drives: 2015 m3 2013 335i Msport
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Sacramento, Ca


Posts: 529
iTrader: (0)

Can't wait to see some pics
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 09:07 AM   #122
F555
Captain
Indonesia
14

 
F555's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 - 335i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Indonesia


Posts: 639
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbmwuser View Post
congratulations
are you getting the job done through your dealer or a local body shop?
All job is done by the dealer, since price included instal & painted, and they better do.
I can let u know that is not cheap. 8K for the whole lot.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 02:25 AM   #123
HenryX
Private First Class
United_States
5

 
Drives: 2013 335i
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: California


Posts: 106
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F555 View Post
All job is done by the dealer, since price included instal & painted, and they better do.
I can let u know that is not cheap. 8K for the whole lot.
8K?!?!?!
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 03:00 AM   #124
SJ00
Major
Australia
41

 
SJ00's Avatar
 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gold Coast


Posts: 1,279
iTrader: (0)

Just ordered!

The parts themselves (bumper, retrofit kit) cost $3709 and I got a quote from my painter/fitter for $1800 (BMW quoted ~3k for install/paint)

so $5500(AU) all up
coming from Germany, will take 3 weeks
will post pics then
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 05:13 AM   #125
F555
Captain
Indonesia
14

 
F555's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 - 335i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Indonesia


Posts: 639
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryX View Post
8K?!?!?!
extremely expensive..
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 05:16 AM   #126
F555
Captain
Indonesia
14

 
F555's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 - 335i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Indonesia


Posts: 639
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbmwuser View Post
Just ordered!

The parts themselves (bumper, retrofit kit) cost $3709 and I got a quote from my painter/fitter for $1800 (BMW quoted ~3k for install/paint)

so $5500(AU) all up
coming from Germany, will take 3 weeks
will post pics then
$3700.. Man That price is a steal.
Labour charge at BMW always ridiculous
is that include M-performance Package also?
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 06:15 AM   #127
SJ00
Major
Australia
41

 
SJ00's Avatar
 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gold Coast


Posts: 1,279
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F555 View Post
$3700.. Man That price is a steal.
Labour charge at BMW always ridiculous
is that include M-performance Package also?
m performance package as in alcantara trim, new steering wheel, pedals, exhaust, brakes, suspension?

i wish
3.7k includes just front bumper, rear bumper, side skirts and all the necessary parts (retrofit kit).

retail price is 4.3k apparently
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2013, 01:07 AM   #128
F555
Captain
Indonesia
14

 
F555's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 - 335i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Indonesia


Posts: 639
iTrader: (0)

Finally my M-sport bumper retrofit







Appreciate 0
      01-27-2013, 02:39 AM   #129
SJ00
Major
Australia
41

 
SJ00's Avatar
 
Drives: F30
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Gold Coast


Posts: 1,279
iTrader: (0)

congrats mate
looks great, still waiting for mine though

how long did it take for install and painting?
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2013, 05:28 AM   #130
Tra08R
Money never sleeps
Australia
7

 
Drives: e92 - 2007
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Sydney


Posts: 333
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by F555 View Post
Finally my M-sport bumper retrofit







what rims are those
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2013, 06:06 AM   #131
F555
Captain
Indonesia
14

 
F555's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 - 335i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Indonesia


Posts: 639
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbmwuser View Post
congrats mate
looks great, still waiting for mine though

how long did it take for install and painting?
took the dealer one whole week.
if it was done by a painting shop prob 2-3 days max.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2013, 06:06 AM   #132
F555
Captain
Indonesia
14

 
F555's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 - 335i
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Indonesia


Posts: 639
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra08R View Post
what rims are those
Vorsteiner VS400
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:58 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST