F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Blackbox - In Dash Camera?
Steve Thomas BMW

01-05-2013, 02:05 PM   #23
SlowSaloonM3
Major General

Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Just installed one on a friends A5. Records everything and audio as well. It has a memory card built in and will run silently even when the car is off. There are different modes. Leave on when car is off until your battery is down to a preselected voltage or stay on silently and only capture 30seconds prior to and after any motion or vibrations are captured. Was easy to install but the camera looks pretty ugly on the windshield from the outside.
      01-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #24
bosz
Captain

Drives: F30 335i Ordered

with the one I bought, you can also take pictures and record audio. You can even playback recorded videos, pics and audio. Its looks kinda cool in the car. Ppl think its a radar detector haha
      01-06-2013, 07:51 PM   #25
SJ00
Major

Drives: F30

i would get one but there i cant find a discrete one with without all the wires etc..

for now, i have an iphone mount, so i guess ill just record it with the iPhone if anything suspicious happens (and hope i can anticipate it lol)
SJ00 is offline   Australia
      01-06-2013, 08:41 PM   #26
S-Dot
Private First Class

Drives: 2013 328i xDrive Luxury

I ordered one of the cheapies off ebay. I'm interested to see how it'll do. I figured for $19 I could risk the purchase...
S-Dot is offline   Canada
      01-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #27
SwampCat84
Private First Class

Drives: 2012 328i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scskysc View Post
Just get a GoPro HD Hero Naked for $129.99 (right now on their site.)
Put one of the mounts on the windshield and flip the video image. Put it in the glove box when you are not in the car and delete the video if nothing happens. For the price of SD cards these days you are looking at $40.00 for a good quality 16 gig card.
I have one I use the heck out of and switch it between my SKY and 328i depending on where we are going. Any trips out of town and it's in the car and recording.

Plus in a snap it's a good digital camera..

Telemetry is nice in the video frame, but not at 5 times the cost of the GoPro.
X2

Ive got a go-pro that I thought about using for this kinda thing... If nothing else, simply to catch all the idiot drivers on the road doing stupid shit... lol

2012 328i F30/ Window Tint, M-Performance Kidney Grilles, Sport Front Trim Pieces with Whiskers, VMR V721s 19x8.5 F/19x9.5 R, (Coilovers Coming Soon!)
SwampCat84 is offline   United_States
      01-06-2013, 09:26 PM   #28
godfather87
Private

Drives: 2013 335ix

haha, this is in toronto. i remember the guy got arrested for the scam...
      01-07-2013, 12:38 AM   #29
SlowSaloonM3
Major General

Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampCat84
Quote:
Originally Posted by scskysc View Post
Just get a GoPro HD Hero Naked for $129.99 (right now on their site.)
Put one of the mounts on the windshield and flip the video image. Put it in the glove box when you are not in the car and delete the video if nothing happens. For the price of SD cards these days you are looking at $40.00 for a good quality 16 gig card.
I have one I use the heck out of and switch it between my SKY and 328i depending on where we are going. Any trips out of town and it's in the car and recording.

Plus in a snap it's a good digital camera..

Telemetry is nice in the video frame, but not at 5 times the cost of the GoPro.
X2

Ive got a go-pro that I thought about using for this kinda thing... If nothing else, simply to catch all the idiot drivers on the road doing stupid shit... lol
It wont record when you are not in the car and when the car is off for suspicious activity around the car purposes lol. I think that is what the black box is meant for.

I have a track session on my gopro but sadly my computer needs an upgrade as it cannot handle the size of the videos easily. Time to upgrade the desktop!