F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > M Performance Power Kit Details
Extreme Power House
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-10-2013, 03:17 PM   #221
Renus
Lieutenant
Renus's Avatar
5
Rep
524
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
a piggy back on top of a flash?

that's a sure fire way to confuse your ECU...don't think it's possible, but willing to watch others with this experiment!

No, I mean either piggyback/flash. Do you know people who upgraded RB turbo running both flash and piggyback? I heard my Sweden fd said about that as neither piggyback nor flash can match with upgraded RB turbo, should run both to get the power.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 03:19 PM   #222
Rossifumi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rossifumi's Avatar
No_Country
34
Rep
1,664
Posts

 
Drives: Some BMW
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renus View Post
No, I mean either piggyback/flash. Do you know people who upgraded RB turbo running both flash and piggyback? I heard my Sweden fd said about that as neither piggyback nor flash can match with upgraded RB turbo, should run both to get the power.
But since the PPK is a flash you can't add 20% on top of that and think you will get more than you would on a stock vehicle.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 03:23 PM   #223
Renus
Lieutenant
Renus's Avatar
5
Rep
524
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossifumi View Post
But since the PPK is a flash you can't add 20% on top of that and think you will get more than you would on a stock vehicle.

Powerkit = PPK I think it is the shortform those brothers talking about here right? If so, powerkit is an additional raditor + bigger & high frequency fan as well as upgraded ECU software to run this powerkit IMHO.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 03:32 PM   #224
Rossifumi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rossifumi's Avatar
No_Country
34
Rep
1,664
Posts

 
Drives: Some BMW
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Sweden

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renus View Post
Powerkit = PPK I think it is the shortform those brothers talking about here right? If so, powerkit is an additional raditor + bigger & high frequency fan as well as upgraded ECU software to run this powerkit IMHO.
Not on the F30 N55 (the x20d get some other goodies).
It is a flash and some styling parts and an "engine silencer" for more sound.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2013, 03:33 PM   #225
Renus
Lieutenant
Renus's Avatar
5
Rep
524
Posts

 
Drives: E92 335i
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Hong Kong

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossifumi View Post
Not on the F30 N55 (the x20d get some other goodies).
It is a flash and some styling parts and a "engine silencer" for more sound.

If as your said, I think I made a mistake on here, thanks for correcting me dude.
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 02:41 AM   #226
nsquared
[Versatile]
nsquared's Avatar
24
Rep
1,519
Posts

 
Drives: (S)LOW.
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California & Utah

iTrader: (0)

So with the PPK, once released, we are looking at 326 HP / 317 TQ throughout the powerband and in all gears right?
__________________
'13 AW F30 335i ///M-Sport 6MT. OEM(+).

[Liquid Innovations] [Envisions] [Rob's Speed Shop]
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 11:46 AM   #227
zibawal
Major
United_States
11
Rep
1,063
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 X5D
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: SFO BAY AREA

iTrader: (0)

Any thing for n20?
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 12:50 PM   #228
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
shivaswrath's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
3,144
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lost in NJ

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsquared View Post
So with the PPK, once released, we are looking at 326 HP / 317 TQ throughout the powerband and in all gears right?
we'll only know once released...
__________________
2012 335i Mineral Gray
M Performance Whore: PPK|Exhaust|Brakes|Performance Suspension Struts & Springs|LSD|Black Kidney Grilles|CF Spoiler and Mirror Caps|Bav Stage 1|400Ms|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 01:10 PM   #229
nsquared
[Versatile]
nsquared's Avatar
24
Rep
1,519
Posts

 
Drives: (S)LOW.
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California & Utah

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
we'll only know once released...
Sorry just anxious. I really want it lol. Hopefully its not a complete let down and the gains on the car is noticeable with the butt dyno.
__________________
'13 AW F30 335i ///M-Sport 6MT. OEM(+).

[Liquid Innovations] [Envisions] [Rob's Speed Shop]
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 01:52 PM   #230
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
shivaswrath's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
3,144
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lost in NJ

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsquared View Post
Sorry just anxious. I really want it lol. Hopefully its not a complete let down and the gains on the car is noticeable with the butt dyno.
For sure butt dyno will be noticeable...the throttle tip in, remapped A/F will all give you the impression you've got some "hmph" under the hood.

I've read similar assessments from the E90 owners who had it done...

However, the Dinan tune seems to be more "impressive"...

For me it's a cost/convenience thing...if I move out of the area, I'll probably get the PPK. If I stay near my current dealer, I'll get the Dinan.
__________________
2012 335i Mineral Gray
M Performance Whore: PPK|Exhaust|Brakes|Performance Suspension Struts & Springs|LSD|Black Kidney Grilles|CF Spoiler and Mirror Caps|Bav Stage 1|400Ms|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #231
nsquared
[Versatile]
nsquared's Avatar
24
Rep
1,519
Posts

 
Drives: (S)LOW.
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California & Utah

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
For sure butt dyno will be noticeable...the throttle tip in, remapped A/F will all give you the impression you've got some "hmph" under the hood.

I've read similar assessments from the E90 owners who had it done...

However, the Dinan tune seems to be more "impressive"...

For me it's a cost/convenience thing...if I move out of the area, I'll probably get the PPK. If I stay near my current dealer, I'll get the Dinan.
Interesting. Thanks for the info. On the same boat as you, need something convenient to my location.

I'm assuming both the PPK and the Dinan tune won't mess up comfort mode and eco pro correct?
__________________
'13 AW F30 335i ///M-Sport 6MT. OEM(+).

[Liquid Innovations] [Envisions] [Rob's Speed Shop]
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 02:23 PM   #232
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
shivaswrath's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
3,144
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lost in NJ

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsquared View Post
Interesting. Thanks for the info. On the same boat as you, need something convenient to my location.

I'm assuming both the PPK and the Dinan tune won't mess up comfort mode and eco pro correct?
PPK won't screw up Eco/Comfort/Sport for sure, especially the EPA numbers, BMW has to maintain those.

Dinan, unsure...I would assume they will enhance the EPA #'s, and HAVE to keep the 3 modes, but we'll see...that's probably what's taking them so long.

My current dealer would update ECU and reprogram Dinan since they are a Dinan reseller, and actually make $$ off of it...however, if I move, who knows. My ultimate preference is to maintain my 6/100k warranty+Maintenance Plan through BMW as long as possible...
__________________
2012 335i Mineral Gray
M Performance Whore: PPK|Exhaust|Brakes|Performance Suspension Struts & Springs|LSD|Black Kidney Grilles|CF Spoiler and Mirror Caps|Bav Stage 1|400Ms|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
      01-15-2013, 08:50 PM   #233
nsquared
[Versatile]
nsquared's Avatar
24
Rep
1,519
Posts

 
Drives: (S)LOW.
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California & Utah

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
PPK won't screw up Eco/Comfort/Sport for sure, especially the EPA numbers, BMW has to maintain those.

Dinan, unsure...I would assume they will enhance the EPA #'s, and HAVE to keep the 3 modes, but we'll see...that's probably what's taking them so long.

My current dealer would update ECU and reprogram Dinan since they are a Dinan reseller, and actually make $$ off of it...however, if I move, who knows. My ultimate preference is to maintain my 6/100k warranty+Maintenance Plan through BMW as long as possible...
Interesting. I also want to keep my 6/100k as well + maintenance.

Man, this PPK better be amazing.
__________________
'13 AW F30 335i ///M-Sport 6MT. OEM(+).

[Liquid Innovations] [Envisions] [Rob's Speed Shop]
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2013, 05:39 PM   #234
pommes
New Member
Austria
0
Rep
15
Posts

 
Drives: F30 328i estoril blue
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Graz

iTrader: (0)

In March, comes a performance kit for the 330d
Details are not yet known
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 03:35 AM   #235
nsquared
[Versatile]
nsquared's Avatar
24
Rep
1,519
Posts

 
Drives: (S)LOW.
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California & Utah

iTrader: (0)

I find myself thinking about the PPK everyday. I think I have a problem :/.
__________________
'13 AW F30 335i ///M-Sport 6MT. OEM(+).

[Liquid Innovations] [Envisions] [Rob's Speed Shop]
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 05:24 AM   #236
2013 335IS
New Member
0
Rep
8
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 335is black on black
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Italy

iTrader: (0)

Cost?

How much does this cost? Will it be available for the 335is?
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 11:50 AM   #237
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
shivaswrath's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
3,144
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lost in NJ

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013 335IS View Post
How much does this cost? Will it be available for the 335is?
There is no F30 335is.
__________________
2012 335i Mineral Gray
M Performance Whore: PPK|Exhaust|Brakes|Performance Suspension Struts & Springs|LSD|Black Kidney Grilles|CF Spoiler and Mirror Caps|Bav Stage 1|400Ms|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 11:50 AM   #238
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
shivaswrath's Avatar
United_States
43
Rep
3,144
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lost in NJ

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsquared View Post
I find myself thinking about the PPK everyday. I think I have a problem :/.
Lol, dude, just drive and enjoy your car...it's not like it's a slouch without it. And the PPK will only sharpen it, won't make it a Viper or something
__________________
2012 335i Mineral Gray
M Performance Whore: PPK|Exhaust|Brakes|Performance Suspension Struts & Springs|LSD|Black Kidney Grilles|CF Spoiler and Mirror Caps|Bav Stage 1|400Ms|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 01:54 PM   #239
nsquared
[Versatile]
nsquared's Avatar
24
Rep
1,519
Posts

 
Drives: (S)LOW.
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California & Utah

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
There is no F30 335is.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
Lol, dude, just drive and enjoy your car...it's not like it's a slouch without it. And the PPK will only sharpen it, won't make it a Viper or something
I think my car feels a bit weak because I don't have my fan fully repaired yet.
__________________
'13 AW F30 335i ///M-Sport 6MT. OEM(+).

[Liquid Innovations] [Envisions] [Rob's Speed Shop]
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 02:51 PM   #240
DarkTrigger
Professional
DarkTrigger's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
977
Posts

 
Drives: 335i MPPK
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: LB, SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsquared View Post
This.



I think my car feels a bit weak because I don't have my fan fully repaired yet.
I get my car back tomorrow. They said there was only 1 fan in the country and it's coming from back east!

I'll let you know if I notice the power increase with the new fan. I know that after it broke is felts weaker than a 328i.
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 03:07 PM   #241
nsquared
[Versatile]
nsquared's Avatar
24
Rep
1,519
Posts

 
Drives: (S)LOW.
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California & Utah

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkTrigger View Post
I get my car back tomorrow. They said there was only 1 fan in the country and it's coming from back east!

I'll let you know if I notice the power increase with the new fan. I know that after it broke is felts weaker than a 328i.
Awesome, keep us posted for sure. They partially fixed my fan so I'm wondering if a new fan would be better.
__________________
'13 AW F30 335i ///M-Sport 6MT. OEM(+).

[Liquid Innovations] [Envisions] [Rob's Speed Shop]
Appreciate 0
      01-21-2013, 03:24 PM   #242
DarkTrigger
Professional
DarkTrigger's Avatar
United_States
13
Rep
977
Posts

 
Drives: 335i MPPK
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: LB, SoCal

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsquared View Post
Awesome, keep us posted for sure. They partially fixed my fan so I'm wondering if a new fan would be better.
I actually read all the other threads and they said the fan was broken because of a bad temperature element. I don't know if this is true, but one of the mods said his car felt way better after they replaced the fan. I'm hoping that I don't have to get a new temperature element as well. Will let you know soon!
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:44 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST