F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > F30 335i M Performance Exhaust vs Stock Exhaust - Video Clips
jb4store
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #45
shivaswrath
Brigadier General
United_States
58

 
shivaswrath's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Lost in NJ


Posts: 3,118
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassBimmer View Post
A huge meh. I am not impressed by the sound at all and, since this is only an axle-back system, that's the only thing to judge it on. How is it that Eisenmann makes an exhaust for the N20 4-banger sound 100 times better and more aggressive than the supposed engineers that worked on this? So sad..
it's not for everyone, for sure.

It sounds MUCH better inside, and gives enough growl that you know you're driving something special.

Outside, it sounds pretty good and not too obnoxious or ricey...I heard my wife drive away once and was actually surprised. It's tame up close, but snarls from far away.
__________________
2012 335i Mineral Gray
M Performance Whore: PPK|Exhaust|Brakes|Performance Suspension Struts & Springs|LSD|Black Kidney Grilles|CF Spoiler and Mirror Caps|Bav Stage 1|400Ms|BMWF30.com
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 09:44 PM   #46
dd1981
Kapetan Svog Života
Serbia
105

 
dd1981's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i sport
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chicago


Posts: 1,701
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildbright View Post
i'm finishing the break in of mine keeps getting louder the more i drive it. Adding a challenge HFC downpipe soon should sound even better. I will post a video after I do.
Same with mine, it kept getting louder the more miles I put on it, like I posted up in the video.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassBimmer View Post
A huge meh. I am not impressed by the sound at all and, since this is only an axle-back system, that's the only thing to judge it on. How is it that Eisenmann makes an exhaust for the N20 4-banger sound 100 times better and more aggressive than the supposed engineers that worked on this? So sad..
Yep I see alot of people really dissapointed with it, but honestly take my word for it the videos dont do it much justice, it sounds much better in person.

Most of the poeople that dont like it crave way more performance and sound and they opt for something else thats performance derived and delivers much louder sound. Even though this thing is called M Performance, I serously doubt it if you gain any power....so its just for the sound of it. I dont think this axle back is any more efficient then the one I pulled off. Just less packing in there for the throatier sound.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivaswrath View Post
it's not for everyone, for sure.

It sounds MUCH better inside, and gives enough growl that you know you're driving something special.

Outside, it sounds pretty good and not too obnoxious or ricey...I heard my wife drive away once and was actually surprised. It's tame up close, but snarls from far away.
Cant agree more. Its what I was looking for. I do wish sometimes that I had something really loud but thats like 1% of the time and I just move on and enjoy what I opted for. Love this car.
__________________
Custom Modified OEM Muffler,
back
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 09:51 PM   #47
dd1981
Kapetan Svog Života
Serbia
105

 
dd1981's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i sport
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chicago


Posts: 1,701
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MassBimmer View Post
A huge meh. I am not impressed by the sound at all and, since this is only an axle-back system, that's the only thing to judge it on. How is it that Eisenmann makes an exhaust for the N20 4-banger sound 100 times better and more aggressive than the supposed engineers that worked on this? So sad..
Isn't the Eisenmann for the N20 a full catback system?
The only thing I dont like about the M Performance exhaust is the damn price! Even though I found the deal of the year @ $900 shipped to my door, the very next day that proce jumped up $120 on ebay. I think the seller knew he was selling it really cheap.
__________________
Custom Modified OEM Muffler,
back
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 10:56 PM   #48
buildbright
Captain
13

 
buildbright's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i BMW F30 Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tampa, FL


Posts: 907
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981 View Post
Same with mine, it kept getting louder the more miles I put on it, like I posted up in the video.


Yep I see alot of people really dissapointed with it, but honestly take my word for it the videos dont do it much justice, it sounds much better in person.

Most of the poeople that dont like it crave way more performance and sound and they opt for something else thats performance derived and delivers much louder sound. Even though this thing is called M Performance, I serously doubt it if you gain any power....so its just for the sound of it. I dont think this axle back is any more efficient then the one I pulled off. Just less packing in there for the throatier sound.


Cant agree more. Its what I was looking for. I do wish sometimes that I had something really loud but thats like 1% of the time and I just move on and enjoy what I opted for. Love this car.
Your video convinced me to buy it. Your videos are the best representation of the true sound. I really appreciate you taking the time to post it. I think with the HFC downpipe it will sound sweet.

I agree I think if it adds any power it will be very little maybe like 5 horsepower stock maybe more are high boost.

The other exhaust options are kool but after being a horsepower junkie I can tell you the downpipe to muffler pipping will not add much if anything. The factory exhaust piping is so well engineered it will be near impossible to improve. The downpipe should net the best gain.
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 11:55 PM   #49
dd1981
Kapetan Svog Života
Serbia
105

 
dd1981's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i sport
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chicago


Posts: 1,701
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildbright View Post
Your video convinced me to buy it. Your videos are the best representation of the true sound. I really appreciate you taking the time to post it. I think with the HFC downpipe it will sound sweet.

I agree I think if it adds any power it will be very little maybe like 5 horsepower stock maybe more are high boost.

The other exhaust options are kool but after being a horsepower junkie I can tell you the downpipe to muffler pipping will not add much if anything. The factory exhaust piping is so well engineered it will be near impossible to improve. The downpipe should net the best gain.
Thanks. I enjoyed making the videos and sharing them with you guys. I was also inspired by alot of bad videos out there on youtube lol.

Im very curious to see how it sounds with a downpipe. I think youre right it will sound just right and net the best hp gain. Definetely have to tip my hat to BMW for designing the efficient exhaust thought.
__________________
Custom Modified OEM Muffler,
back
Appreciate 0
      01-07-2013, 11:59 PM   #50
buildbright
Captain
13

 
buildbright's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i BMW F30 Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tampa, FL


Posts: 907
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981 View Post
Thanks. I enjoyed making the videos and sharing them with you guys. I was also inspired by alot of bad videos out there on youtube lol.

Im very curious to see how it sounds with a downpipe. I think youre right it will sound just right and net the best hp gain. Definetely have to tip my hat to BMW for designing the efficient exhaust thought.
Ask any 2jzgte tuner single 3" won't lose a dime of power until over 500whp. I will try to post a step by step how to install as well of the downpipe. I have noticed the challenge dp looks very similar to the stock. I am betting BMW will not notice the difference unless they are looking for it.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 12:03 AM   #51
dd1981
Kapetan Svog Života
Serbia
105

 
dd1981's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i sport
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chicago


Posts: 1,701
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildbright View Post
Ask any 2jzgte tuner single 3" won't lose a dime of power until over 500whp. I will try to post a step by step how to install as well of the downpipe. I have noticed the challenge dp looks very similar to the stock. I am betting BMW will not notice the difference unless they are looking for it.
Nice, Ill be for sure following your writeup. It would be nice if they dont notice or dont care. Some dealers look the other way unless something is seriously wrong.

I cant wait for a proper tune for this thing. I just want about 50-60 hp. Cobb please hurry up...
__________________
Custom Modified OEM Muffler,
back
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 12:26 AM   #52
buildbright
Captain
13

 
buildbright's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i BMW F30 Sedan
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tampa, FL


Posts: 907
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd1981 View Post
Nice, Ill be for sure following your writeup. It would be nice if they dont notice or dont care. Some dealers look the other way unless something is seriously wrong.

I cant wait for a proper tune for this thing. I just want about 50-60 hp. Cobb please hurry up...
Oh you don't like Terry's JB's piggybacks?
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 04:36 AM   #53
dd1981
Kapetan Svog Života
Serbia
105

 
dd1981's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i sport
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chicago


Posts: 1,701
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildbright View Post
Oh you don't like Terry's JB's piggybacks?
Honestly never tried one. I just like the idea of a flash tuner with CAN
__________________
Custom Modified OEM Muffler,
back
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 08:47 AM   #54
Fuman
Private
Australia
0

 
Drives: E92 335i FBO JB4-G5-ISO Meth
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Perth


Posts: 75
iTrader: (0)

I think this sounds just right. Has got the gurgle yet not too loud and embarrassing. Imho, just fit an electric valve control for straight-through effects and adjustable sound control to the max.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2013, 09:42 PM   #55
chrisk03
Private First Class
United_States
3

 
chrisk03's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Northeast


Posts: 139
iTrader: (2)

Wow, thanks for the comparison. I thought it sounded really muted compared to my E90 PE and PPK, especially on start-up and then you switched to "sport" mode and yep, that's the sound. I actually kind of wish I could do that type of adjustment as on the E90 it is pretty loud on cold start-up...neighbor's always give chit about it. ha.

Congrats and enjoy...makes me wanna go fire up the baby in the garage.
__________________
2011 335i M-Sport, BMW Performance Powerkit Version 1, BMW Performance Exhaust (SOLD), 35% F1 Pinnacle Tint
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 08:02 PM   #56
alexgosh
Private First Class
United_States
11

 
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Calabasas, CA


Posts: 124
iTrader: (0)

which website did you purchase the exhaust from? I have been looking for a while but could not find anything below $1,000!
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2013, 11:51 PM   #57
dd1981
Kapetan Svog Života
Serbia
105

 
dd1981's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i sport
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chicago


Posts: 1,701
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexgosh View Post
which website did you purchase the exhaust from? I have been looking for a while but could not find anything below $1,000!
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-M-Perfor...item337d662ea0

I bought off this guy on eBay. But he's not selling them for $900 anymore. Like the next week after i bought he set the prices over $1,000. The great thing is it was $900 shipped to my door.

I don't know why he sold them so cheap initially, but one thing is for sure he has quite a few of them. He has 100% feedback. You can see my positive feedback on there and the price he sold it for. Check it out. Email him, say I saw you sold for $900 please do another one for me
__________________
Custom Modified OEM Muffler,
back
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 03:34 PM   #58
STooK
Lieutenant
United_States
16

 
STooK's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E93 M3
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: NYC


Posts: 493
iTrader: (1)

sounds similar to my e92 PE but i'm surprised it doesn't pop at all. mine pop's a lot but it also has more than a year's ride on it. i can tell you, you will love every day you drive your car with it though.
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 03:39 PM   #59
PeterM
Private First Class
8

 
Drives: bmw 335i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United States


Posts: 174
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by buildbright View Post
Your video convinced me to buy it. Your videos are the best representation of the true sound. I really appreciate you taking the time to post it. I think with the HFC downpipe it will sound sweet.

I agree I think if it adds any power it will be very little maybe like 5 horsepower stock maybe more are high boost.

The other exhaust options are kool but after being a horsepower junkie I can tell you the downpipe to muffler pipping will not add much if anything. The factory exhaust piping is so well engineered it will be near impossible to improve. The downpipe should net the best gain.
Have to agree, When i installed my springs today and saw how big the piping was i was surprised. Best bet is to get a catless downpipe for the most power increase.
__________________
2013 EB2 335i 6MT
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 04:57 PM   #60
dd1981
Kapetan Svog Života
Serbia
105

 
dd1981's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i sport
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chicago


Posts: 1,701
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterM View Post
Have to agree, When i installed my springs today and saw how big the piping was i was surprised. Best bet is to get a catless downpipe for the most power increase.
Pretty much the way to go, I think the sound will definetly change and get more aggressive.

Im thinking about doing my own experiment on the stock oem muffler since its sitting in my garage overhead, I want to see If I can somehow get inside it by cutting it and taking out the packing material and rewelding everything and see what kind of sound that makes. I get pretty crazy when Im bored at home lol just start chopping shit up to see how it works.
__________________
Custom Modified OEM Muffler,
back
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2013, 05:38 PM   #61
PeterM
Private First Class
8

 
Drives: bmw 335i
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United States


Posts: 174
iTrader: (0)

If you want to sell it i might buy it and do the same.
__________________
2013 EB2 335i 6MT
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 11:10 PM   #62
khai Dow
Private
4

 
Drives: 2013 Activehybrid 5
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Thailand


Posts: 80
iTrader: (0)

M Performance Exhaust added to AH3

Is it safe to assume that most of the mods applied to the 335i would also be useable on the ActiveHybrid 3? I'm putting in an order for a new car this week - probably an AH3, and wondered whether I can add the performance exhaust?
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #63
dd1981
Kapetan Svog Života
Serbia
105

 
dd1981's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i sport
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chicago


Posts: 1,701
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by khai Dow View Post
Is it safe to assume that most of the mods applied to the 335i would also be useable on the ActiveHybrid 3? I'm putting in an order for a new car this week - probably an AH3, and wondered whether I can add the performance exhaust?
Honestly Im not sure what the exhaust on the AH3 looks like, if its all the same under there and no obstructions underneathe from the battery compartment, I would say yes its the same and you should be good to go.

Ask a member with an AH3 to post up a photo of what the car looks like underneath and compare. That should tell you everything you need to know.
__________________
Custom Modified OEM Muffler,
back
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2013, 09:45 AM   #64
khai Dow
Private
4

 
Drives: 2013 Activehybrid 5
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Thailand


Posts: 80
iTrader: (0)

Well, after digging around, and looking at SAMS photo of the underside of his car, I was still unsure.

Then I checked BMW.CO.UK. There you can filter the list of M Performance parts by model. It tells me that you can fit the power kit and the M Performance exhaust to the AH3 or 5...
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2013, 06:43 PM   #65
Balzz
Captain
Canada
15

 
Drives: 2012 Havana F30 335i 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Toronto


Posts: 887
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2012 F30 335i  [0.00]
Just got my M Perf exhaust installed yesterday. I like. Seems to be getting louder over the last day. Downside is that I'm now that douche revving at stoplights, and I've burned through half a tank of gas in around 160km.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2013, 11:37 PM   #66
dd1981
Kapetan Svog Života
Serbia
105

 
dd1981's Avatar
 
Drives: 2012 335i sport
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Chicago


Posts: 1,701
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by khai Dow View Post
Well, after digging around, and looking at SAMS photo of the underside of his car, I was still unsure.

Then I checked BMW.CO.UK. There you can filter the list of M Performance parts by model. It tells me that you can fit the power kit and the M Performance exhaust to the AH3 or 5...
That's great news. Now you just gotta get the exhaust with the car.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balzz View Post
Just got my M Perf exhaust installed yesterday. I like. Seems to be getting louder over the last day. Downside is that I'm now that douche revving at stoplights, and I've burned through half a tank of gas in around 160km.
Yeah it sounds pretty good. It isn't over the edge where it annoys me. It suits me just fine. A lot of people prefer something louder especially for the price.

And yes it will get louder, give it a good 1500 miles or so it will really settle in and you will really like it.

Congrats on the exhaust enjoy.
__________________
Custom Modified OEM Muffler,
back
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
3 series bmw m performance parts, 3 series f30, 3 series f30 forum, 3 series forum, 3 series m performance, 3 series m performance parts, 335i bmw m performance parts, 335i f30 m performance exhaust, 335i m performance, 335i m performance exhaust, 335i m performance parts, bmw 3 series forum, bmw 3-series f30, bmw 335i m performance, bmw f30, bmw f30 3-series, bmw f30 forum, bmw f30 m performance, bmw f30 m performance exhaust, bmw f30 m performance parts, bmw m performance, bmw m performance brakes, bmw m performance exhaust, bmw m performance parts, f30 3-series, f30 3-series forum, f30 335i m performance, f30 335i m performance exhaust, f30 335i m performance parts, f30 bmw m performance, f30 bmw m performance exhaust, f30 bmw m performance parts, f30 forum, f30 forums, f30 m performance, f30 m performance brakes, f30 m performance exhaust, f30 m performance parts, m performance, m performance 3 series, m performance brakes, m performance brakes f30, m performance f30, m performance parts 3 series, m performance parts bmw, m performance parts f30

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:23 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST