F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > Beautiful F31 Touring M-Sport (330d) Video
European Auto Source
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      01-01-2013, 09:04 PM   #45
N8N
Major
 
N8N's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sterling, VA

Posts: 1,456
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to N8N Send a message via MSN to N8N Send a message via Yahoo to N8N
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot
Quote:
Originally Posted by NN5` View Post
Its really pretty in EB.

I'm so sorry for betraying how American I am, but a freakin' diesel station wagon? In M sport trim?

C'mon, this is a car for guys who are, ahem, managed by females and who think all that M sport trim can wash away the fact that a diesel dies at 5000 rpm.
If I could get a 335xd wagon, 6mt and M-sport, I could buy that and sell both my 335i and my Jeep and enjoy driving all the time and save money on fuel to boot.
N8N is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-01-2013, 09:05 PM   #46
N8N
Major
 
N8N's Avatar
 
Drives: 2009 E92 335i 6MT
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Sterling, VA

Posts: 1,456
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via AIM to N8N Send a message via MSN to N8N Send a message via Yahoo to N8N
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot
Quote:
Originally Posted by NN5` View Post
Its really pretty in EB.

I'm so sorry for betraying how American I am, but a freakin' diesel station wagon? In M sport trim?

C'mon, this is a car for guys who are, ahem, managed by females and who think all that M sport trim can wash away the fact that a diesel dies at 5000 rpm.
If I could get a 335xd wagon, 6mt and M-sport, I could buy that and sell both my 335i and my Jeep and enjoy driving all the time and save money on fuel to boot.
N8N is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2013, 05:48 AM   #47
Jackbmw
Private First Class
 
Jackbmw's Avatar
 
Drives: BMW 335i E91 RWD 6AT 2011
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Europe

Posts: 135
iTrader: (0)

The new 3 Series Touring is a superb car. I think I'd go with the 330d now. The economy and performance of this vehicle are stunning.

I saw a few F31 in M-Sport package already on the streets and they look simply magnificent, especially in Estoril blue and Alpine white.

What a pity this car costs here at least 70k CHF as 330d with a few miles on. New ones cost from 75 to even 90k CHF here in Switzerland.
Jackbmw is offline   Switzerland
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2013, 10:19 AM   #48
philsteroni
Private First Class
 
Drives: 325xi
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Montreal

Posts: 144
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot
Quote:
Originally Posted by NN5` View Post
Its really pretty in EB.

I'm so sorry for betraying how American I am, but a freakin' diesel station wagon? In M sport trim?

C'mon, this is a car for guys who are, ahem, managed by females and who think all that M sport trim can wash away the fact that a diesel dies at 5000 rpm.
FYI, diesel 330d takes a 335i on the highway. If you read euro magazines with 70-120 km stats the diesel cars do very well. They have a hard time off the line though because they rev slow.
philsteroni is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2013, 01:41 PM   #49
ATX78703
Major
 
Drives: 2014 335i
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Austin, TX

Posts: 1,002
iTrader: (0)

looks good, but needs "foglight delete"
__________________
2014 335i RWD: ZMM, ZDA, ZDH, ZPP, ZTP, 2NH, 2TB, 5DL; Z4A MPPK; AW ext / VB int

2014 ML350: P01, R33, 297, 319, 846, 864, 889, 996; LB ext / AB int
ATX78703 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #50
The Economist
Private
 
Drives: 2013 335i "M-Sport" MPPK MPE
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto

Posts: 72
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot View Post
I'm so sorry for betraying how American I am, but a freakin' diesel station wagon? In M sport trim?

C'mon, this is a car for guys who are, ahem, managed by females and who think all that M sport trim can wash away the fact that a diesel dies at 5000 rpm.
No so much "American" as criminally ignorant, probably compounded with a narrow-mindedness that is borderline dangerous to society-at-large. Based on your comment, though, I will never be able to explain to you why you are wrong, though you would never be able to understand it either.

All I can say is, the second a 335d M-Sport Wagon is available here, I would be more than happy to trade my 335i for it...
The Economist is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-02-2013, 02:30 PM   #51
rconti
Lieutenant
 
Drives: Z3 M Coupe, NB Miata
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: SF Bay

Posts: 515
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot View Post
I'm so sorry for betraying how American I am, but a freakin' diesel station wagon? In M sport trim?

C'mon, this is a car for guys who are, ahem, managed by females and who think all that M sport trim can wash away the fact that a diesel dies at 5000 rpm.
I'd buy it in a heartbeat, but they won't sell a wagon in the US with a 6-speed M/T, so no sale.

But some people like heavy, boring-ass sedans that can't haul shit despite the huge amount of space they take up on the road, and need a fuckton of power to get out of their own way, so it's okay, I understand. Good luck finding your car in the parking lot among all the other genericmobiles.
rconti is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-03-2013, 01:06 AM   #52
Eichler1
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: 2008 M3 conv
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Phoenix, AZ

Posts: 40
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot
Quote:
Originally Posted by NN5` View Post
Its really pretty in EB.

I'm so sorry for betraying how American I am, but a freakin' diesel station wagon? In M sport trim?

C'mon, this is a car for guys who are, ahem, managed by females and who think all that M sport trim can wash away the fact that a diesel dies at 5000 rpm.
Speak for yourself about being whipped. I chose diesel because of the kick at 1500-2500 rpm -- where one does most of one's driving. I mean, who drives around with the tach needle north of 5K? '90s Hondas, sure, and they'd still go 200K+ miles and get great fuel economy. But no one makes cars like that anymore (not even Honda). I have 335d and blow people away on the street all the time. While you're waiting for your tach to hit 5K, I'm gone lol. Plus I'll pass you by while you're stopped at the gas pumps. Americans are ill-informed about diesels -- and keeping the oil sheikhs rich in the process. Wake up and smell the (clean) diesel.

Oh, and btw, as to my female "manager" (wife): drives a bomb-ass Z4 (turbo N54) that has fat rims and is quicker (and way more fuel efficient) than the 2008 M3 (V-8) that I traded in for my 335d. Ya, I know, really "un-American" of me lol.
Eichler1 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-16-2013, 04:10 PM   #53
DaveBrown
Registered
 
Drives: BMW F31 MSport
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Mons, Belgium

Posts: 2
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot View Post
I'm so sorry for betraying how American I am, but a freakin' diesel station wagon? In M sport trim?

C'mon, this is a car for guys who are, ahem, managed by females and who think all that M sport trim can wash away the fact that a diesel dies at 5000 rpm.
Hey Yobyot, I have driven my F31 330D M Sport 250+KM legally on the autobahn here in Germany, how fast have you driven your ride in Jersey or Boston? Who is the female now, lol.
DaveBrown is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      01-18-2013, 09:48 PM   #54
jbeene
Second Lieutenant
 
jbeene's Avatar
 
Drives: 11 E90 M3
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Calgary

Posts: 259
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yobyot
Quote:
Originally Posted by NN5` View Post
Its really pretty in EB.

I'm so sorry for betraying how American I am, but a freakin' diesel station wagon? In M sport trim?

C'mon, this is a car for guys who are, ahem, managed by females and who think all that M sport trim can wash away the fact that a diesel dies at 5000 rpm.
Hmm, difficult for a divorced guy to be managed by women...at least when it comes to their vehicle choice...but I do have an msport wagon. With kids and a large dog, missing my e90 M3 while driving an X5 4.8i, the only way for me to stay with the brand, shift for myself and have something reasonably fun to drive is to find myself in a touring.

I really like the car, if I could get a 335 touring I'd be happy as a pig in sh1t. Heck if they did an M3 touring or had the brains to bring over the F11 M550xd I'd be all over that. But we get suv's cause BMW knows what we want better than we do. An X1 35i..get serious, what a waste.
__________________
11 E90 M3
14 F31 328 xdrive
jbeene is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      01-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #55
kgroschi
Lieutenant
 
kgroschi's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 M5 [GONE], now '09 E90 335i
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California, USA (Born in Munich, Germany)

Posts: 435
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveBrown View Post
Hey Yobyot, I have driven my F31 330D M Sport 250+KM legally on the autobahn here in Germany, how fast have you driven your ride in Jersey or Boston? Who is the female now, lol.
Good one Totally agree. In Germany we mostly have tourings and they look amazing.
kgroschi is offline   Germany
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:00 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST